Which WP members would you wish to meet?

Page 5 of 120 [ 1913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 120  Next

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 6:21 pm

M_p_furo wrote:
Aimless wrote:
elderwanda wrote:
Am I the only one who sees the irony in this thread?

No, you're not. These threads make me feel bad, bringing back unhappy memories of not being chosen.

I had no idea that was the irony. I couldn't figure what the irony of the thread was. :oops:

When I saw this thread, I did feel bad for all those who might feel left out. :( I don't want anyone to think I said what I said out of pity....I didn't.....I *would* like to meet anyone here.

*hugs*

Well, maybe I need to be more understanding. I obviously have certain triggers that lead to extremely personal reactions. I can't think of anyone here who has gone out of their way to make me feel personally unwanted. Some things can just time warp you back to junior high faster than a worm hole.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 6:22 pm

Wisguy wrote:
I feel sooooooo unwanted....

:cry:

:lol:

Mike

Awwww, there's no need to be... even though I haven't seen you often enough, I would cool to see you and any member on WP :)

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 6:33 pm

I'm happy I made someone's list, plus I got an ego boost to go along with it. 8)

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 6:50 pm

Aimless wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:
Aimless wrote:
Now I'm going down to the garden and eat worms. :wink:

Are you serious? Wha does that mean?

It's a children's song:

Nobody likes me
Everybody hates me
Going to the garden eat worms
Great big fat ones
Little bitty teeny ones
Going to the the garden eat worms

I'm just making fun of myself.

Oooh...Flew over my head, didn't it. :oops:

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 7:38 pm

Wisguy wrote:

Mike

that's the spirit! i was mentioned once, though, so some light partying in is order. *crystal ball apears* *boogies to disco music*

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 7:51 pm

tinky wrote:
Wisguy wrote:

Mike

that's the spirit! i was mentioned once, though, so some light partying in is order. *crystal ball apears* *boogies to disco music*

I don't see why not.... You seem like a really awesome mod.... I would definitely meet you, wasn't it me that happened to meantion you? :)

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 8:17 pm

yesshers, you did. 8) i've never taken these thread too seriously though. good fun all eeround

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 10:33 pm

Right now bradleigh and spokane girl.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 10:48 pm

I also really meant it, when I said that I wanted to meet everybody. I wouldn't dare choose to hurt a soul. :cry:

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 11:46 pm

Aimless wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:
Aimless wrote:
elderwanda wrote:

No, you're not. These threads make me feel bad, bringing back unhappy memories of not being chosen.

I don't understand.

I'm going to assume you're not being sarcastic. This is in essence a popularity thread. I'm sure it was not intended to be, but invariably that's what these threads turn into. The same with the who's the hottest,coolest,whatever-ist threads. Don't forget WP is a place of refuge for some people who fail in real life. Even if someone logically cannot complain that they're not on anybody's list, it still brings back some very strong feelings of worthlessness. So strong that sometimes it's hard not to b***h a little bit. :x

Actually, when I mentioned irony I was mostly referring to the fact that this thread is about wanting to meet people in person. That, in itself, is often something that AS people often are uncomfortable with.

But the "popularity thread" is an issue as well. Not the one that came to my mind at first, but yes, that is a good point.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 11:51 pm

M_p_furo wrote:
Aimless wrote:
elderwanda wrote:

I had no idea that was the irony. I couldn't figure what the irony of the thread was. :oops:

When I saw this thread, I did feel bad for all those who might feel left out. :( I don't want anyone to think I said what I said out of pity....I didn't.....I *would* like to meet anyone here.

*hugs*

I sort of felt left out too, it sort of feels like a popularity contest for whoever is the spamiest member, personally
I wouldn't want to meet some of the people here, I am not here to be popular and prefer being invisible.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 1:14 am

It's not really about being popular, it's more about which members have displayed opinions that caught your eye and indicated if a meeting with that person would be enjoyable.

If it was about popularity the topic's question would be "which WP members do you like the most?".

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 1:20 am

LOL, I'm use to being left out but I don't really take these things very seriously.

I've been here since 2008 so there are some members I know more than others via messages and threads.

Meanwhile there are other ppl I forgot to add, but not sure if adding them will just make people feel more worse so I'll keep it to meself... :silent:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 3:31 am

I have already met LiendaBalla, Raylynn, Aquales, MadDuck, StephanieCatherine, WaxDeejay, DigitalChicken, Neopsytox, Justthatgirl91, Darkness2004, and AspieGirl87.

I knew LiendaBalla before either of us joined WP (we've been best friends since 2003). Sadly, I lost contact with Raylynn about a year ago.

I am willing to meet anyone who is interested in meeting me.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 08 Feb 2010, 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 6:46 am

Well, obviously I have some complicated issues I don't even completely understand myself. Like Friskygirl, I actually feel safer being invisible and I don't aspire to being popular. I couldn't manage it in reality. If I do want to be acknowledged, I'd want it to be for my ideas and input rather than my do-ability. My reaction to the thread became less about the thread and more about my personal abandonment issues, so I apologize for that. When I was young, my family would always drive to a distant location for a vacation. There were one or two times when one of us were forgotten and left back at a rest stop. My mother thought it was funny but I think it would only be natural to be traumatic for a child.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 10:34 am

superboyian wrote:
More lists :D

Name the awesomest people and wish to meet topic!

CleverKitten :D (her and her husband are awesome AND is the reason I found WP :lol:)
jc6chan (definitely a good competition for the forum games section :lol:)
Spazzergasm (joined the same month and shes TOTALLY awesome :D)
Aspie_Chav (he sounds pretty interesting)
Seanmw (one of the first people I knew)
superboyian (because im vain... oh wait, im with myself now :lol:)
sartresue
PikaYoshi
i_wanna_blue (i think ive mention you twice :lol:)
richie
glider18

still more... :)

hey thanks... There are a lot of people I've grown close to on this site, but I'm not gonna mention names. i guess if I were ever to gain the confidence to meet anyone on WP, I wouldn't mind meeting anyone really.