Which WP members would you wish to meet?

Page 116 of 120 [ 1913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120  Next

NorthPark
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 7:44 pm

Albirea wrote:
You're only 17 and you drink? 8O

Just a random observation.

No I DOn'T! :roll: :roll: :roll:

MBTI- ISTP

NorthPark
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 7:45 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:
Albirea wrote:
There are a lot of beverages I would enjoy, if only they didn't have alcohol in them. The taste of alcohol just ruins it for me. :(

I was the same way when I was younger. My mum used to try and get me to drink it but I'd refuse. I'd gag just from the smell. When I started drinking at parties when I was 17 I felt that it was easier because I'd get really nervous in social situations and chugging alcohol down would help get me more comfortable. One thing that I could never tolerate and still can't is beer. I can't stand the taste of the stuff. Over time I slowly got more and more used to the taste. You might like the mixed fruity drinks like daiquiris, killer kool-aids, Long Island Ice Tea, pina coladas or bellinis. I find mixing vodka and coke doesn't taste as strong as rum and coke so I usually do that instead. I don't really like wine either but lately I've been able to tolerate it more and more. I find it easier for me to drink mixed drinks than coolers for the most part.

Someone told me Bremens Lager tasted good, didn't trued it because mom was there

MBTI- ISTP

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 6:20 pm

Tequila wrote:
Albirea wrote:
The taste of alcohol just ruins it for me. :(

Have you tried some of the fruit beers? WIth many of those, it can be very difficult to taste the alcohol in them and they're often very low in ABV too - some of them are only 2.5% or so.

Or you could make your own beer I still don't understand why you don't T- man beer with out hops why not . :eew:

Just learn to enjoy beer for what it is the best and most flavorsome bevarge in the world (don't make me laugh whine boars with your chocolates and plum in the cab- sav, beers where it's all at :P

As unbelievable as it may sound I used to hate beer to until my early 20's just do it as you would growing up learning to appreciate beer as you would asparagus, spinach, broccoli etc. It can be done :)

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 6:29 pm

NorthPark wrote:
lostgirl1986 wrote:
Albirea wrote:
There are a lot of beverages I would enjoy, if only they didn't have alcohol in them. The taste of alcohol just ruins it for me. :(

I was the same way when I was younger. My mum used to try and get me to drink it but I'd refuse. I'd gag just from the smell. When I started drinking at parties when I was 17 I felt that it was easier because I'd get really nervous in social situations and chugging alcohol down would help get me more comfortable. One thing that I could never tolerate and still can't is beer. I can't stand the taste of the stuff. Over time I slowly got more and more used to the taste. You might like the mixed fruity drinks like daiquiris, killer kool-aids, Long Island Ice Tea, pina coladas or bellinis. I find mixing vodka and coke doesn't taste as strong as rum and coke so I usually do that instead. I don't really like wine either but lately I've been able to tolerate it more and more. I find it easier for me to drink mixed drinks than coolers for the most part.

Someone told me Bremens Lager tasted good, didn't trued it because mom was there

I'm not sure why such a person would say such a thing :?

Sorry lager never tastes good, it tastes like farts, (all that sulphar ) and if you buy from the mega breweries esp so (lagering costs money you see ) so they thought they will cut back on that by say around 20% and hope no one can tell :twisted:

I had bull&*^T beer the other day

Bullsh&T = Brewed under licence , aka faux Becks made in Australia :twisted:

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

09 Jul 2012, 6:37 pm

Okay people, I get it. Beer is amazing.

...That still doesn't mean I'm going to try it anytime soon. :twisted:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 6:38 pm

Albirea wrote:
Okay people, I get it. Beer is amazing.

...That still doesn't mean I'm going to try it anytime soon. :twisted:

Good your a fast learner :thumleft:

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 6:41 pm

:lol:

Nah. I still hate the smell and taste of beer.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 6:45 pm

Albirea wrote:
:lol:

Nah. I still hate the smell and taste of beer.

2 strange things that I've read today :)

So you hate the smell of orange, chocolate, coffee, lemons, pot purri (I could go on and on) all scents and flavours that occur in well made high quality beers.

I'll stop now. :oops:

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 6:49 pm

No, I like all those things... I just hate alcohol. If there weren't any alcohol or alcohol flavor in there, I'd drink it.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 7:17 pm

Albirea wrote:
No, I like all those things... I just hate alcohol. If there weren't any alcohol or alcohol flavor in there, I'd drink it.

It'll probably grow into you one of these days. I still don't like the taste of alcohol but I do enjoy mixed fruity drinks now which I didn't even care for 4 years ago. You just grow used to it, for the most part.

Sempiternal
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 8:27 pm

I was curious to why adults like beer so much when I was little, so I asked my father for a sip of his. He actually let me have some, and it tasted so bad that I ran to the sink, spit it all out, and started rinsing my mouth with water for a minute or so. I doubt I'd ever touch that stuff again. :lol:

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 8:39 pm

This thread went from which WP members we'd all want to meet to a conversation about beer 8O Weird...lol

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 8:56 pm

AScomposer13413 wrote:
This thread went from which WP members we'd all want to meet to a conversation about beer 8O Weird...lol

Beer I can relate to, *meeting* some one well , :wink:

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 9:00 pm

Sempiternal wrote:
I was curious to why adults like beer so much when I was little, so I asked my father for a sip of his. He actually let me have some, and it tasted so bad that I ran to the sink, spit it all out, and started rinsing my mouth with water for a minute or so. I doubt I'd ever touch that stuff again. :lol:

I didn't like beer when I was younger, and then something clicked and suddenly it was like "whoah, beer is the most amazing drink ever".

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 4:38 am

Albirea wrote:

You might like Erdinger Weißbier Alkoholfrei (0.4%) then. It's a non-alcoholic version of their wheat beer:

There is also Malta Guinness, which is a non-alcoholic malt drink produced with Guinness barley which is popular in Africa. It's the best malt drink I've ever had.

I like Malta's Kinnie, but it's really a non-alcoholic drink that tastes very strong and like it has alcohol in it.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 5:55 am

I only like beers that aren't too bitter so far.