Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 12:29 am

my boyfriend is so wonderful!

My computer died and he fixed it. i lost all my files but that's ok because i now am able to use my computer. it was a corrupted hard drive. and he saved it yay!

A big thank you to just-you!

and don't worry just-you, you don't need to respond i know you get worried.

He is a bit agoraphobic but I'm helping him with that.

I just wanted to give him the credit for such a nice thing!

He also fixed my laptop which has been broke for 3 years. so go him!!

computer genius!

everyone thank just-you for making me able to have a computer to use wrong planet. :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 12:34 am

It's great that you have a boyfriend like that. How long have you been going together? :)

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 12:57 am

yay just-you!! :)

RhettOracle
Toucan
Toucan

01 Feb 2010, 1:57 am

just-me wrote:
My computer died and he fixed it. i lost all my files...

I just wanted you to know that there is software out there, some of it free, that will recover the files on your hard drive that Windows is telling you aren't there. They are all hiding in folders that should be called chk0001 through however many folders it created when Windows did the check disk routine.

I just went through the same thing last fall. I was working in a folder on my storage drive, when all of a sudden I got a message box saying the directory was corrupted and unreadable. I lost about 80 gigs of files, but the software I bought recovered about 79 gigs. So if you had anything really important on there, you can get it back, if you want it. Good luck!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 1:33 pm

I had fantastic results from this little program called File Scavenger: http://www.quetek.com/

The free version is crippleware, it only restores files that are less than...I don't remember...a meg or two? Which is fine if all you need to recover is like photos and stuff.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 10:24 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
It's great that you have a boyfriend like that. How long have you been going together? :)

over 4 years. we feel so lucky to be together.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 10:26 pm

RhettOracle wrote:
just-me wrote:
My computer died and he fixed it. i lost all my files...

I just wanted you to know that there is software out there, some of it free, that will recover the files on your hard drive that Windows is telling you aren't there. They are all hiding in folders that should be called chk0001 through however many folders it created when Windows did the check disk routine.

I just went through the same thing last fall. I was working in a folder on my storage drive, when all of a sudden I got a message box saying the directory was corrupted and unreadable. I lost about 80 gigs of files, but the software I bought recovered about 79 gigs. So if you had anything really important on there, you can get it back, if you want it. Good luck!

yes, my boyfriend knows about this. he is in the process of getting it done for me . it was very nice of you to post this info because if he did not know about it it would be very useful. thanks!

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 10:27 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I had fantastic results from this little program called File Scavenger: http://www.quetek.com/

The free version is crippleware, it only restores files that are less than...I don't remember...a meg or two? Which is fine if all you need to recover is like photos and stuff.

thanks ill let him know about this program.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 10:28 pm

Congratulations for sticking together that long. :D

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2010, 9:35 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Congratulations for sticking together that long. :D

thank you.

M_p_furo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2010, 10:39 pm

Just-You is a hero! :wink: I don't know what I would do if my computer broke. *shudders*

Congrats on being together for 4 years. That's quite a long time. :)

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2010, 12:10 am

wow...I never got clients like that...;) All the special someone's in my life are more like 'You're the expert! You fix it!...;)