Regrettable things as a result of AS

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2010, 12:25 pm

What things do you regret as a result of AS?

For me, I regret not paying attention when watching movies when I was little. Last night Meet the Fockers was on TV and I could not believe that I haven't been paying attention to the movie when I was watching it in the past. Like I didn't even know the main plots such as how Greg was seeking approval to a man to marry the man's daughter.

If I had paid more attention to stuff, I wouldn't have missed out on so many things.

Christophe
Toucan
Toucan

15 Feb 2010, 1:08 pm

I don't really have anything I regret to the point that it is too bad, but I regret not taking the courage and putting myself out there to meet other Aspies (something I would like to do is meet some aspies in the Tacoma, Lakewood, Seattle area of Washington state when I get home from Afghanistan), and it is something I am going to do when I get home, even if it kills me.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2010, 2:07 pm

Christophe wrote:
I don't really have anything I regret to the point that it is too bad, but I regret not taking the courage and putting myself out there to meet other Aspies (something I would like to do is meet some aspies in the Tacoma, Lakewood, Seattle area of Washington state when I get home from Afghanistan), and it is something I am going to do when I get home, even if it kills me.

Are you a soldier in the US army?

Christophe
Toucan
Toucan

15 Feb 2010, 2:29 pm

Yes I am. I joined for a stupid reason (I joined because I let my soon to be ex-wife talk me into it, otherwise I might not have joined). I don't really agree with any of these wars, violence, war, or participation in it in any manner, and yet here I am.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2010, 4:38 pm

I regret giving someone my email. Now I am getting harassment :roll:

So far no other email from her. I hope I won't get more. Next one I will flag and hopfully it will go to the spam folder.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

15 Feb 2010, 4:49 pm

I regret being too trusting of people when I was younger. As a result I was taken advantage of many times for many different things. I didn't realise it until whatever they were using me for (food, money, school stationary etc) was gone or someone told me that it was happening. I wanted to have friends so badly and was so naive.

Unorthodox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Feb 2010, 8:27 pm

I regret missed opportunities, whether they were for potential relationships because I couldn't interpret the body language being thrown my way, for jobs because I have childish handwriting and present somewhat oddly, or educational situations that I didn't take advantage of because I was too awkward to ask questions. Hindsight being 20/20, I can see what went wrong pretty clearly in a lot of my personal failings, and though I can't do anything about them now, I do study them internally to try to teach myself to do better in the future. I don't really have a way of quantifying my results, put on a purely subjective level I feel like I'm coming along quite well and that my AS isn't having nearly the effect on potential boons for me that it once did.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2010, 12:27 am

2007. I really regret letting myself take a turn, around January 25th, 2007. I'm back to the way that I was before than, but without the glasses that I didn't even need to begin with. I look like someone famous without my glasses, but I still regret 2007. I wish that my mum would have admitted me to the psych ward, the first time she saw me, with my hair spiked up, the week before Valentines Day, in 2007. That would have been the last time, because I would have gotten well, a lot sooner.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 1:31 am

Christophe wrote:
Yes I am. I joined for a stupid reason (I joined because I let my soon to be ex-wife talk me into it, otherwise I might not have joined). I don't really agree with any of these wars, violence, war, or participation in it in any manner, and yet here I am.

i lived next-door to JBFLM [as it is called now] for decades. i was in the army also but luckily between campaigns. you are surviving a tough deal. am curious as to whether you want to know all local aspies or just certain categories of aspies [age, gender]. and also if you are ok with the term "aspie." if you are not, then you shan't be addressed as such.