obsessed with putting up xmas lights

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 9:56 pm

Are any of you obsessed with Christmas lights and decorating your house with them? For me, this was an ongoing obsession for a while. It however isn't so much now but I wonder if others are too? I used to love buying and putting up different lights and out doing the other people in town (even though I never could). I also loved the multi functioned light sets. I'm not too much of a fan of the look of new LED technology though-even though it's energy efficient.

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 12:33 am

At one point I devised a system of hanging lights that drastically decreased time and labor, and saved the fascia boards from millions of little holes - storage in the meantime proved to be the downfall.

The couple of strands of LEDs I've put up consistently for the last 7 or 8 years have been reliable past expectations; only this year did one of the strands fail which I suspect may be that I nicked the insulation on the wire by careless hammering. I got them in the first place to avoid climbing up and down the ladder constantly to wiggle bulbs and hunt down replacements. Their light envelope actually reminds me of the vintage bayonet bulbs that other neighbor kids and I would swipe from other houses to pop