Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 7:54 am

Help, help! My niece is going to be in her Girlscout troup's annual talent show. She's planning to sing to two popular songs she heard from the Disney Channel. Does anyone know how to get just instrumental music without the voice in it. Is there a website?

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 3:26 pm

I'd recommend typing into google "song title" + "instrumental" + "torrent" or "download".

If you're familiar with using torrents, I'd recommend that. If not and you wouldn't mind becoming familiar, google "BitTorrent" + "download" and download/install that program, then go back to step one I mentioned above. Make sure you have the BitTorrent program open before trying to download the above songs.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 4:57 pm

A DJ uses an equalizer to do this sort of thing.They can remove any instruments, remove vocals and even put it up/down by as many octaves as someone might require. Hope you can find one...

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 5:49 pm

EQing a vocal out of a track is reaaaally hard without also terribly damaging the music. I know cos I did a job once for some mad guy who wanted to sing all over a bunch of John Denver songs, but didn't want to fork out for karaoke discs.

To back up Sophist's post, you might also look specifically for karaoke disks, Mp3 etc.

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 9:57 pm

Oh..wow...thanks for the info Moog :)

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2010, 12:27 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
Help, help! My niece is going to be in her Girlscout troup's annual talent show. She's planning to sing to two popular songs she heard from the Disney Channel. Does anyone know how to get just instrumental music without the voice in it. Is there a website?

They actually make Disney Channel and movie karaoke CDs so you have the music without any of the words. I perform a Hannah Montana song for one of my talent acts in pageantry and I use one of those CDs for the background music. Hope this helps! :)