What was the most recent thing that made you laugh?

Page 13 of 20 [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 3:30 am

There is a game on Facebook called Superhero City, in which, obviously, you play as a superhero, running missions and training against other heroes in order to gain the power to fight off an alien invasion. Occasionally, they'll introduce new powers, which must be purchased with Merit Points - which can be earned slowly, or purchased quickly with real money.

One recent addition was a set of powers supposedly based on planets - Mercurial Speed (for Mercury, natch), Venusian Shield (summon a shield formed of sulfur, which somehow withstands attacks - let's just nod and move on, shall we?), and Uranian Blast. This is an attack power that involves summoning gaseous hydrogen and methane fromm the seventh planet's atmosphere, then firing it at your opponent, then setting it on fire.

That's right, folks, this attack involves hitting your enemy with a blast of noxious gases from Uranus. :)

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 2:36 pm

Vuvuzela jokes, such as...

Vuvuzela Time (link)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1kXOpccy9s[/youtube]

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 2:48 pm

The fact that I've just added to my to do list, by hauling up an old stereo system from the 80s, into my apartment, which means that I've just added on to my to do list. Dusting and testing out the vintage stereo system. Than I have some garbage to hall out, as well. My current stereo system that skips through every CD that I own, old and new, will be added to that pile, if the vintage one works.

skysaw
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 5:54 pm

I was checking out the pop culture rubbish on the Daily Mail website. There's an article (link here) about how Debenhams have stopped using airbrushed pictures of models. It compares a real image of a model with an airbrushed version.
In the comments below, Shane from Wigan says "I prefer the airbrushed picture, she looks a bit fat in the original especially her thighs". Fellow readers have given him (at last count) 2,972 thumbs-down.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 8:01 pm

Thinking about all the stuff I got done, today makes me laugh about why I didn't get it done, sooner. :lol:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 6:30 am

this will be hard to explain because i am ready for sleep.

i saved $500 due to the greed of an IT administrator.

last week, i submitted a new sub system to a company i work for, and it was supposed to have 6 modules, but in the end, they only needed 5 modules.

when i got there and presented them with my bill, and it was for 6 modules at $2,500 each. (i intentionally wanted to try a trick out so i did not alter my bill prior to getting there)
they told me that they only needed 5 modules and that i had already been told that a week ago, and i should see the administrator to sort it out.

so, when i got to the administrators office, i agreed to reduce my invoice by the price of 1 module.

i did not give him time to think, and i said "i forget how much was i going to charge for each module. was it $2,000 or $2,500?". he said "$2,000".

i said "really? i thought it was $2,500, but i might be wrong".

the system administrator is a greedy man and he is the type of person who always looks for loopholes to save the company money, and he reaffirmed aggressively "nahhh mate!! you agreed on $2,000!!".
i said "ok then" and i reduced his bill by $2,000 rather than $2,500.

what an idiot. i was taxed to my limits in restraining my uprising of mirth.

after i left the office and got back in my car i laughed my head off and thought "thank goodness for greed".

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 10:45 am

Yes, the road sign speaks of something not good but, odd though.. :lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Jun 2010, 5:12 pm

This Steve Goodie song/vid
Tweetin On A Jet Plane :arrow:
So text me and chat with me, quick, before I hit a tree
I missed my stop, by a hundred miles or so
'Cause I'm tweetin' on a jet plane, the one I should be piloting
OMG, I got to go

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UieFk6yq74w[/youtube]

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 7:58 am

Nihilism. No, seriously. A couple of days ago, I was bored out of my skull and it was turning into depression and existential nausea (I don't react entirely well to boredom). I then began thinking about the ultimate futility of all human endeavour, the absurdity of existence, and the absurdity of worrying oneself over futility (what, worrying will magically make life purposeful>), and I just cracked up laughing and felt very cheered up.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 9:34 am

I was about to make half a pot of coffee, and my dad walked into the kitchen and told me not to run any water, because he's having a shower. It's almost like he caught me in the act, of getting ready to give in to my latest addiction. At least I'm not addicted to energy drinks, anymore. I better make a pot of tea.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 11:33 am

Last thing that made me laugh was Toy Story 3.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 1:17 pm

Reading some diary entries someone wrote from one of Aladdin's ex girlfriends who thought he was a secret agent.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 1:47 pm

The comments my husband made around a photo I posted on Facebook....

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 2:22 pm

Me and veilorex were talking about hyena's giving birth yesterday. Laughs ensued.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 4:25 pm

funny? Seeing how someone wound up going to the wrong apartment in regards to pizza delivery..

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 4:29 pm

The fact that I could be alone, for the rest of the afternoon.