Met my first internet friend yesterday.

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 12:39 am

I met my first internet friend yesterday. :D It was interesting. And my best friend came along, so it would be less awkward.
I love WP because I can admit my inexperience here. :)
It was fascinating because he was so strange. He was quite nice and likeable. And oddly, I was hardly nervous. And he was! He was polite, neurotic, and almost constantly went "hmm mmmm hmm umm hmmm" like it was a tick or something. He has OCD though, so that's probably why. XD I found it entertaining. Also, his British accent was entertaining. And he has some unusual eye-contact. He would glance and when you glanced back, he'd immediately look down.
It was fascinating for me, because after my other friend left, it was the first time I've ever really hung out with a boy alone. We chatted, and walked around, and got ice cream. I was surprised because he put his head on my shoulder from the side at one point, while we were waiting at a light. I wasn't sure what to do, so I did what I do with all my girl friends, and put my head lightly on top of his, and he seemed to lift his head up right after I did that. Was it the wrong move?
And at the end, he gave me such a long, squeezy hug. Once again, new for me. I tried pulling away, but he didn't let go, and then I lost my balance a bit. XD I hope he didn't think he did anything wrong. It was nice, just caught me by surprise. XD

But yeah, it was certainly a fascinating experience. I was so happy after we split and I headed home, because I handled it much better than I expected. Do you think the head thing was the wrong maneuver? I'm worried about that.

ProfessorAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Apr 2010, 12:45 am

Spazzergasm wrote:
I did what I do with all my girl friends, and put my head lightly on top of his, and he seemed to lift his head up right after I did that. Was it the wrong move?

Do you think the head thing was the wrong maneuver? I'm worried about that.

Probably fine. Probably felt nice.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 12:47 am

Congrats!! !

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 1:12 am

Looks like you both have boundary issues. This will be awkward.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 1:29 am

That's good, I hope it was fine. It did feel nice actually. Neither of us are attracted to each other romantically, but it's still good being closer, because its a surefire way of knowing a person likes you.

I don't think...We have boundary issues. XD Well, it wasn't bad enough to be a issue, I think. XD

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 1:36 am

I hope you have better luck than I did with meeting Internet friends.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 1:40 am

DarrylZero wrote:
I hope you have better luck than I did with meeting Internet friends.

What happened?

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 1:46 am

First time: We got a long great via e-mail and AIM. Then she was visiting the area where I lived so we arranged a meet-up to go see a movie. We ended up seeing You've Got Mail. :roll: We cracked jokes about how you should never meet someone from the Internet and how the characters routinely exceeded AIM text limits. I thought we had a good time. Shortly thereafter, she wasn't as responsive to my e-mails, she started avoiding me on AIM (she'd sign off just as I signed on, or I'd be signed on and she'd sign on then quick sign off, etc.). Within 6 six months we weren't communicating at all.

I found this to be a typical pattern. The friendship is fine online, but as soon as we meet, it starts going downhill. Of course, it sometimes starts going downhill without ever meeting, so it's probably just me. :cry:

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 2:17 am

D: You have me worried, now!
I'm sorry it didn't work out. :( Now I'm afraid we'll stop being friends. :cry:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 2:22 am

Congratulations! :D

I've never had the opportunity, because things went sour between my first Internet friend and I, and I'd rather not talk about it. I've gotten out of the black hole, caused by the break-up, and I like the 60s, again and that's all that matters.

Having said that, I'm very happy for you. :D

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 2:49 am

Thanks! :D It makes me happy you're glad for me.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 6:47 am

Heh! Sounds like a good time. :)

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 7:30 am

Yeah! :D
And the funny thing is, his real life friend; who's my internet friend I liked, got jealous. And they were teasing him about liking me, and kept asking him, and he responded with: "I DON'T KNOW!". And after that, they asked a little bit after (apparently he kept asking about me) and he just stayed silent, and wouldn't reply. XD Jealously might have done him some good. :twisted: But I'm confused, because hes been more quiet lately on msn.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2010, 10:29 pm

Well he probably knew that he liked you and gotten jealous while that other internet friend came up to you and cuddling you like woah. :heart:. Turns out for him that he wasted a good opportunity to be with you but he knew he messed up that chance, that's probably why he has been quiet on msn. :lol:

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2010, 8:56 am

superboyian wrote:
Well he probably knew that he liked you and gotten jealous while that other internet friend came up to you and cuddling you like woah. :heart:. Turns out for him that he wasted a good opportunity to be with you but he knew he messed up that chance, that's probably why he has been quiet on msn. :lol:

Hmm, maybe so! You're insightful. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2010, 10:17 am

What was it like, meeting someone off the Internet?