Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 10:09 am

This is going to read really weirdly - because it is weird.
Has anyone ever experienced premonitions? As in, you knew something you had no feasible way of being able to predict was going to happen, before it happened?
I've experienced this before, and tonight it happened again. Once, several weeks beforehand, I knew that my car was going to break down in the exact place it later broke down. There was no possible way this could have been coincidence, or any reasonable explanation as to how I knew it was going to happen.
Tonight I knew I was going to hit an animal in the exact stretch of road that I later hit the animal. I even had a flash of an image in my head, of the animal running into the headlights - the exact image of what later happened.
There was no way I could have influenced this happening. It was a wild animal, on a random stretch of road. A road I have driven many, many times and never hit an animal, or had a premonition of doing so.
The thing is - I don't believe in "supernatural" phenomena. At all. I don't believe in psychic abilities, or premonitions, or foretelling the future, or any of that rubbish.
I just have no other way of explaining these things. There have been other instances with me. I know things that later happen. Things I cannot possibly be influencing, or making happen, or fluking.
But there has got to be a reason for this outside of any "esoteric" cop-out. I do have very accurate instincts, almost to the point of seeming to foretell things happening just by following simple instinctual information that I don't process consciously. That is a good enough explanation.
But for the things like tonight, it can't just be instinct. I don't know what it is, and I don't like it.
Thoughts?

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 10:17 am

Its God my friend,

Get over it and I'll get over being so damn nuts,

I walk with God or I don't walk at all.

I'll probably find I don't walk at all for the lulz

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Sep 2017, 10:32 am

There are 5 basic senses, touch, smell, etc.
Then there are more and you have one or more of those.
The 6th sense is usually referred to as being all
the things that we think are 'spooky' such as ESP.
But it's normal.

There are people without one or more of the basic 5.
Then there are people with the basic 5 plus others.
For example, I know somebody with no sense of smell.
That's not stranger than having an extra sense.

It's just that people don't talk about it.
Mothers know what's going on with their children,
no matter the age or place. My mother did, and
she didn't believe in ESP 'foolishness'. Yet she
did it often.

My sister has dreams with premonitions that
come true. It doesn't seem that she can change
what's going to happen.

Would you consider finding others like yourself?
There must be some here.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 1:00 pm

The only premonitions I can recall is one, I knew my friends were going to call to do something that day and they did. the second time I had a dream I cut my leg open. When I woke up there was a piece of metal sticking out of the bed where my leg would be if I walked into it. The dream made me more aware of the metal thing so I didn't walk into it.

There were other times I can remember having visions as a kid that later would make sense in my adult years. Something like a premonition.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 1:16 pm

Yes.

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 2:21 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
The only premonitions I can recall is one, I knew my friends were going to call to do something that day and they did. the second time I had a dream I cut my leg open. When I woke up there was a piece of metal sticking out of the bed where my leg would be if I walked into it. The dream made me more aware of the metal thing so I didn't walk into it.

lulz?

Or cruel fate.

God do I need sleep, but me be fine I think. I would just like to get some sleep :cry:

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 3:26 am

Quote:
Its God my friend,

Get over it and I'll get over being so damn nuts,

I walk with God or I don't walk at all.

I'll probably find I don't walk at all for the lulz

Don't understand this. Do you mean the Judo-Christian god?
I don't believe this exists either.
If it did, why would it cause me to have premonitions about the road? It doesn't make sense.
Don't know what you mean posting about "lulz" all the time. Looked up urban dictionary, and it claims "fun, laughter or amusement." I don't understand how weird premonitions or walking with god is amusing.
Quote:
the second time I had a dream I cut my leg open. When I woke up there was a piece of metal sticking out of the bed where my leg would be if I walked into it. The dream made me more aware of the metal thing so I didn't walk into it.

This makes sense. You probably became aware that there was a piece of metal which could hurt you, maybe you peripherally registered this, and your mind translated that awareness from the subconscious to the conscious mind in the form of a dream to warn you to fix it. Very sensible. I can understand how that would work, there's nothing weird about that sort of self-communication.
Quote:
Would you consider finding others like yourself?
There must be some here.

I'm hesitant about this. Most people who are like this believe in it. Believe in things I consider silly and irrational. They think themselves special, that they have some kind of supernatural psychic gift, and I think it's all BS. One guy I once met claimed to be psychic and said he had similar sort of premonitory behaviour going on, and started talking to me about "sensing the energy of the ether" and "seeing with the inner eye" and using reiki and communicating with spirits and I just dismissed it and him.
If others could be sensible (as much as one can be) about it, it might be different. I just turn off when people start with the woo-woo BS.
Quote:
Yes.

Yes???

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Sep 2017, 5:01 am

But what do you think of it being a 6th sense, a normal thing?

VYcma
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Sep 2017, 5:17 am

It happened two times for me as a kid. The first time was my grandma falling down the stairs, I saw her in the stairs no problem and going down no problem but I knew she was gonna fall soon, and she did. Then, I was playing in the garden in winter and all of a sudden I just looked at the road and knew mom was in trouble. Turns out she had a car crash almost at the same time I had that weird feeling. I don't think it's magic or illogical in any way, just a bunch of factors that I unconsciously added to the probability that something goes wrong.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 5:32 am

I've had loads.
My rational explanation is that I naturally catastrophise (a lot). Most of the time I forget about the impending catastrophe (when it doesn't happen). If something does happen... which it will, statistically speaking... I think... aha! A premonition.
However, I actually believe in the irrational, supernatural explanation... vibes from the ether.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 5:55 am

Trueno wrote:
I've had loads.
My rational explanation is that I naturally catastrophise (a lot). Most of the time I forget about the impending catastrophe (when it doesn't happen). If something does happen... which it will, statistically speaking... I think... aha! A premonition.
However, I actually believe in the irrational, supernatural explanation... vibes from the ether.

Pretty much the same for me.

This is going to sound certifiable but I always felt like I've had a 6th sense or spider sense about some people. I can't quite put my finger on it but something seems off. I haven't been diagnosed with ASD but if I am it could just be attributing body language incorrectly? I can usually ( at least I think I can ) spot someone's 'tell' , I don't always know what the the 'tell' is telling me though.
The men in the white coats are on their way :lol:

@VYcma , that's a great looking avatar :wink:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 7:23 am

If there are Premonitions, are there also Postmonitions?
And what the heck is a monition anyway?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 7:32 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
If there are Premonitions, are there also Postmonitions?
And what the heck is a monition anyway?

a monition is a warning of impending danger , I think it comes from admonish.

a Postmonition is apparently having a premonition after the 'event' without knowing about the 'event'

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard