UFO’s & Beings: Extraterrestrial Intelligent Life (POLL)

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you believe intelligent extraterrestrial life forms exists?
Yes, I have a personal account of an experience with outer space beings. 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Yes, I have a personal account of an experience with outer space beings. 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Yes, there is for sure. 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
Yes, there is for sure. 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
Yes, I am fairly sure. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Yes, I am fairly sure. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Yes, the possibilities given the size of the universe denote that it's certain. 22%  22%  [ 12 ]
Yes, the possibilities given the size of the universe denote that it's certain. 22%  22%  [ 12 ]
Not sure, yet a possiblity exist 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
Not sure, yet a possiblity exist 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
No, they do not exist. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, they do not exist. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 54

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2006, 10:59 pm

What did I do?

sc
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2006, 11:24 pm

It was sort of rude, but it is understanding that some lack certain intellectual abilities, you are forgiven.

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2006, 8:57 pm

sc wrote:

1. Do you believe or think it is fact that aliens have visited the planet earth? Perhaps somehow influencing mankind in some way?
No. But I admit the idea is intruiging.

Quote:
2. Have you ever seen in the skies at night or even in the day UFO’s which defy current technological capabilities known to man? If you have, what do you believe they are?
No, I have not.

Quote:
3. When viewing the television, with proclaimed evidences of both UFO’s and separate space beings, what is your conclusion concerning at this time?
That people believe what they want to and that the human memory is quite fragile and malleable.

Quote:
4. Other
I believe that life quite possibly exist on another planet, but that it is nothing like anything that has ever been dreamed up by science fiction authors. Most "sci-fi" concerning aliens is just naturalistic fantasy with political overtones, nothing more. Why must we be so arrogant as to imagine all intelligent life forms having humanoid forms, bilateral symetry, like us, breathing the same air as we do, and being capable of breeding with humans? There are life-forms on this planet far stranger than most sci-fi aliens, and realistically speaking, they would all have more in common with us than any extra-terrestrial creature.

I believe that if intelligent extra-terrestrial life exists, it would be impossible to communicate with, or nearly so. I also doubt they would be interested in what's going on here.

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2006, 9:11 pm

psych wrote:
By 'intelligent life' i mean mammalian/humanoid beings that exist on a similar frequency to our own. Its quite possible there is intelligent life elsewhere in THIS solar system - even though the environment would be hostile to earth creatures and we would probably be unable to percieve them with our senses.
'Humanoid' need not imply 'mammalian' and vice versa, nor would a life form that could be described as either necessarily be intelligent. Also keep in mind that mammals are an Earth class. Alien life-forms would fall into their own Kingdom/Phylum/Class/Order/Family/Genus/Species classifications.

It makes me think you've been watching too much Star Trek. :wink:

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 7:16 am

hey all i really think they are out there somewere in this galexy or from another . i have seen a few myself and so has my mom and dad at seperate times before i was born. my sightings, my first was about 2 years ago i was with my dad riding in the truck near the college of nj(trenton). i seen a small dot silver in color appeared to be round or disk shaped and about a mile and half up in the air. it was around 1100 am on a saturday in feb or march. i sat and watched and it dissappeared.

my second one was at night i was at home it was about 1030 i let dog out front door to do her business and i was looking at the moon and suddenly seen a white light spiralling like a firework would do but towards the moon and dissappearing it only lasted maybe a half a second.

my 3rd was about a month later i was stargazing when dog was out on lawn and seen a white dot high up in sky it was moving slow somewhat like a jet but no pulsing lights it then got really really bright and then it faded then as i watched it then made jerky movements like that of a ekg machine line. there was no noise so it couldnt have been a search helicopter. this one lasted about 5 or 6 seconds.

PARENT'S SIGHTINGS

DAD- he was up in the pennsylvania mountains camping at a cabin there was a big feild nearby so he decided to hike out and see the feild he then seen something land so he went to investigate it was a big saucer shaped thing about 50 ft in diameter silver in color it lifted him off ground and took him inside tehy took all his clothes off i was told and the alians tryed to abduct him with a hot metal rod and tryed to put it through his chest. they also had my dad siblings up there too but tehy didnt get abducted. to this day my dad still has the burn mark from were the alians tryed to abduct him when he was about 5.

MOM- she was in a feild when she was in her 20's in missori and it was about 1030 at night and she looked up and seen a big tianguler object about 50 feet above her with lights it was black in color after the momentary sighting she looked at her watch and it was about 1100 something she went through a time lapse. my mom then went home never said anything.

weird just about everyoe in my family has either been abducted or seen a ufo.

Jacob_Landshire
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Apr 2006, 8:20 am

The possibility of extra terrestrial life makes sense. If life can happen here then its logical to conclude it can happen somewhere out there. I would agree with what some are saying about the significance between basic lifeforms(single cell organisms) and intelligent life forms(self-aware beings). The odds are not very good that any given alien life would be intelligent. There is also a good possibility that we are all alone in this universe.

However there is zero hard evidence that aliens or alien spacecraft have ever existed. If something can't be convincingly documented it is most probably untrue. I put the whole UFO claim in league with ghost sightings and big foot. Television is not a good resource for evidence. The supposed UFO documentaries shown on TV are laughable. They should be considered entertainment.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 6:07 am

I like to believe there is intelligence out there and that it will all end up like it is on Star Trek. What a nice day dream. :oops:

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 6:13 am

"I like to believe there is intelligence out there" - almost certain

"and it will all end up like it is on Star Trek" - your rite, that IS a daydream ¬_¬

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

babybear3333
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Apr 2006, 6:29 am

I think there is intelligent life out there and although I do enjoy sci-fi, my view is not influenced by it, but by the odds in favour of such life. Our universe is enormous and the chances of only one planet in it sustaining intelligent life would be remote. An open mind and an appreciation for the enormity of the number of planets that could sustain life cannot be dissmissed out of hand. There is still so much to learn about our universe, we have barely scratched the surface of the knowledge we have yet to uncover.

sc
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 12:45 pm

The day dreams that make for facts are interesting, this topic however is one of the most greatest cuases of sickness aside from supernatural belief in if's.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 8:49 am

Quote:
It seems people on here dont seem to be making the distinction between "intelligent life" and "humanoid life". There is no reason to assume sentience could only come about in a humanoid form.

There may well be an abundance of non-humanoid sentient life existing around us right now, operating on a frequency range outside the human senses. But until theres been some major technological or pharmaceutical developments, they are likely tol remain hidden from our perception.

As ive said before, the human senses only show us a version of reality that we are likely to comprehend - for that reason weird and wonderful non-humanoid life-forms are less likely to be witnessed, which is why ive chosen to focus on humanoid forms - Afaik, the most widely witnessed 'alien' life forms include reptilians and elves*, both of which are humanoid entities existing outside the human sensory frequency.

*Elves are sometimes rendered visible when the human neurotransmitter DMT becomes active. Reptilian sigtings are mostly confined to shamans or the ancient world - they are thought to be able to 'shift' frequency range, which sometimes results in an overlap with the frequency range of our species.

Bigben123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Apr 2006, 3:52 pm

Well for starters there is no solid fact of UFOs on Earth there is a guy in the us who started something called rod sightings,he said that these rods where put here by aliens to test human defences,How stupid is that?if they can fly in under the radar pick someone up for a joyride then drop them off then they dont need to test are puny army.

As for seeing them I agree with the thing about perception,

Why woluld they want to come here anyway? as for our ore and fule reserves
they will be gone at the rate we shoot each other it is only a matter of time we use Nukes on ourselves,If they are smarter then us they should predict us killing off the planet why dont they stop us if they want our oil?

psych
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2006, 8:38 am

Bigben123 wrote:
..If they are smarter then us they should predict us killing off the planet why dont they stop us if they want our oil?

If they are truly intelligent, then theyd be smart enough not to want our crude oil. Mining crude oil for fuel like we do instead of ethanol/biomass/plant oil etc is sheer idiocy.

sc
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2006, 3:19 pm

Really the perceptual reality of aliens from other planets in some contextual references is the mind perceiving the grand whole of things differently.

Papillon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2006, 7:23 pm

sc wrote:
1. Do you believe or think it is fact that aliens have visited the planet earth? Perhaps somehow influencing mankind in some way?

To that, I'd have to answer yes. Who built the pyramids in Egypt, and why? The technology doesn't even exist today to place those blocks, some of them weighing up to 300 tons, and you can't even slide a piece of paper in between them. And who drew all those big pictures of spiders and hummingbirds as well as those long, straight lines on the slopes of the Andes? Anybody doing anything like that today would have to have a lot of time on their hands as well as a very, very big budget.

There is something mentioned in the Bible -I think the Old Testament (correct me if I'm wrong) about gods descending upon the Earth "on metal wings".

Why was Tihuanaco built in such an illogical location? It's way up high in the Andes, the climate too hostile and the soil too poor for any agriculture, there are no known mineable ore reserves in the area, and no natural feature to make it anything desirable as a shipping port, and the site is physically difficult to access. I do have a theory, though: I think they were a break-away society that didn't want to be bothered by any of the rest of humanity that were living in all other parts.

sc wrote:
2. Have you ever seen in the skies at night or even in the day UFO’s which defy current technological capabilities known to man? If you have, what do you believe they are?

First I'd have to discount such existent technologies as military aircraft, military experiments (sush as testing of missiles) and space junk (crippled sattelites and other space debris falling out of orbit), but OTOH I do not doubt the existence and presence of UFO's. I'd love to spend some time at a radar station to track objects in flight or in orbit and see if there are any that defy anything other that what's supposed to be there.

sc wrote:
3. When viewing the television, with proclaimed evidences of both UFO’s and separate space beings, what is your conclusion concerning at this time?

I often wonder about those presentations. Bona fide UFO sightings are always purely incidental and who ever thinks about always having a video camera on the ready? Those TV shots of UFO's are always so blurry and shaky, all I can see is a formless blob of light bouncing all over the screen. Again, there is the discounting of aircraft, space junk, and a huge meteorite that was videotaped strieking through the sky in July, 1972 (I think it was in Wyoming -not sure). OTOH I've known of people who claim to have seen UFO's clearly enough that they couldn't be anything else.

sc wrote:
4. Other

It would be naive to think we are the only planet colonised by intelligent life that builds machines that fly through the air and into space. If in fact we are getting visitations by extraterrestial beings, then they may be ahead of us by centuries when it comes to space travel.

Be yourself no matter what they say

**Sting, Englishman In New York

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2006, 7:22 am

Quote:
I do not doubt the existence and presence of UFO's

How CAN you doubt the existence of UFOs? A piece of a space station breaks off and falls to Earth, theres no report about it on the news, you see it falling through the atmosphere, its an Unidentified Flying Object :P

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>