What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 486 of 497 [ 7949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 483, 484, 485, 486, 487, 488, 489 ... 497  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2023, 9:02 pm

i dreamt of a former classmate who i found inside my house.

LaTech
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2023, 2:09 pm

I have Celiac's and one of the things that I go through when getting cross contaminated (usually because I do something stupid like go out to eat), there's a long process of getting that out of my system.

Not to be graphic, but it starts with hours in the bathroom getting rid of anything and everything I've eaten in the last couple days. It's a horrible thing and is accompanied with a belly that is sore to the touch from being distended so much. This usually takes 2 days or so to end.

Next is a severe depression for several days. I've battled depression and anxiety most of my life (certainly all of my adult life) so I'm pretty used to that process/feeling. I will say that the depression is much worse than what I normally go through. Dark dark places are visited.

Finally, the last two nights are filled with hyper-realistic dreams. Almost hallucination type dreaming. Here are just a couple:

One time, I was certain there was gold under the bed and couldn't get the bed to move, so I picked it up from my side which ended up dumping my then-wife out onto the floor.

Another time, I "saw" a large bird (size of a bald eagle) fly through the bedroom window. I heard the glass breaking and it making noise and flying around the room. I jumped out of bed and grabbed the blanket and proceeded to try and capture the bird. The same then-wife ended up waking me up by throwing pillows at me and telling me to wake the hell up.

There have also been times that I "saw" some creature in our bed (once was a sea urchin, another time it was a crawfish).

I don't like getting glutened, and I certainly am not a fan of Celiac's, but the dreams are rather hilarious after the fact.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2023, 1:51 am

i had another dream of another lifetime where i was wearing a white naval officer's uniform, and on a small naval vessel, it had a polished wooden flooring on the deck.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2023, 1:56 am

I slit my wrists and took a swan-dive into oblivion.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2023, 3:13 am

8O :o :!:

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2023, 11:45 am

auntblabby wrote:
i had another dream of another lifetime where i was wearing a white naval officer's uniform, and on a small naval vessel, it had a polished wooden flooring on the deck.

I tried to join the Navy in the mid 70s, but flunked the physical to do a serious medical condition. I wanted to be on a submarine, but that would never have happened because I'm colorblind.

Some years later, I was talking to a Navy officer once and mentioned that if not on a submarine, I would prefer to be on something like an aircraft carrier because it would handle the rough weather better than a small ship. The Navy officer told me that was terrible because the big carriers are far more formal than the small ships. He said that on an aircraft carrier, you spend far too much time saluting everyone. According to him, the small Navy vessels were more relaxed.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2023, 11:47 am

I had a dream the other night in which I was talking to someone and saw a rattlesnake repeatedly striking one of the guy's legs. The guy was completely unaware of the rattlesnake strikes.

It turned out that the leg the rattlesnake was striking was an an artificial leg because his leg had been amputated above the knee years earlier.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2023, 11:35 am

i dreamt that i was in some twilight-zonish reality, there was a total solar eclipse in process, and it was an end-times sort of feel in this large city in the indeterminate future. this man who looked just like actor michael j. fox as he was garbed in "back to the future III" was being chased by a team of assassins armed with silvery tin hammers that glinted in the light, these were giant hammers the size of sledgehammers. the assassins all looked like "mad dog tannen" from back to the future III, and as each one caught up with the fox character, he struck him on the head with the hammer most violently, knocking fox to the ground. each time he quickly recovered [albeit more skeletal and pale] and did some magic to the assassin which would slow him down and make him lose his train of action, at which point the assassin would morph into actor fox as he appeared in "family ties" with business dress shirt and tie and charcoal slacks and wingtips. this happened this way until he got to the last assassin [a female] who struck him harder than the others did, he came up slowly and looked extremely pale and skeletal, and pulled a pocket watch out and raised it over his head, and said to the assassin, "guess what- the eclipse is over!" and the assassin with a look of surprise, said "OH PHOOEY!!" and in a dejected manner, turned around and trudged away, dragging her big hammer on the ground.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2023, 11:47 am

A few months ago I dreamt I was eating in a restaurant and when I went to get up and carry a food tray to a buffet my legs out of nowhere started to hurt so badly that I fell and dropped my tray and I could not stand up.

Now I've been diagnosed with diabetes... and my legs feel sore all the time. I'm worried that dream was prophetic. :|

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2023, 12:42 pm

^^^listen to that dream and heed its warning. my late dad lost one of his legs to diabetes after years of troubles.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2023, 12:56 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^listen to that dream and heed its warning. my late dad lost one of his legs to diabetes after years of troubles.

My mom (who doesn't have prophetic dreams normally, though) had a very realistic dream recently that I woke her up and told her I had a dry socket - and it turned out I REALLY have a dry socket now 8O

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2023, 12:59 pm

Irulan wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

My mom (who doesn't have prophetic dreams normally, though) had a very realistic dream recently that I woke her up and told her I had a dry socket - and it turned out I REALLY have a dry socket now 8O

i hope you can get it fixed soon.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2023, 1:02 pm

Yes, I already saw the dentist about it - he put some yellow goo into my empty tooth socket and I don't feel any pain any more (and my gum itself isn't as sore as it was barely a day ago) :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2023, 1:18 pm

^^^that is good to hear :)

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2023, 2:14 pm

My first cousin Bożena got her tooth pulled out today too - she was sooo afraid of it. She is scared she could get a dry socket as well - she already had it - twice - and in her case it was very, very painful.

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2023, 2:28 pm

One time I met myself in a parallel universe. That's very unusual. I never met myself.

Don't exactly remember what it was about, but it was something about LSD (a decade after I took LSD for the last time).