What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 467 of 498 [ 7960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 464, 465, 466, 467, 468, 469, 470 ... 498  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 4:13 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^mebbe that was a previous lifetime dream? :idea:

My doctor works from home and I've known her since she was five years old. Her dad was my family's doctor for 50 years so there's a lot of memories there. Our family cemetery is on the same street, and that's where my dad is lain to rest.

I have a lot of dreams about going to that doctor's house at night, with dim porch lights, lanterns, and fireflies.

Usually it has something to do with getting my hair cut, for some reason? The doctor meets me on her veranda with scissors, hair curlers, and a comb that she wets in a glass jar like a barber. It always has a home-town feeling.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 4:44 pm

^^^that makes me think of the scene in the movie "always" where the just-deceased protagonist finds himself in the countryside getting a haircut from an angel [audrey hepburn in her final role]. in any case [despite the dreammoods definition] that is a good comforting dream to have.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 10:00 am

dreamt another dream in a rush of them yesterday, i was in an alternate dimension or universe or something, the calendars on the wall said 1917 but we had modern tech conveniences 'cept for computers and cell phones and tv. i was in the naval forces rated as a medic, i was a rank "E2" but different from an E2 in this dimension's navy, it was more the equivalent of a Petty Officer 3rd class in terms of rank and responsibilities. i wore the E2 on my shoulderboards. i was having a discussion with my mother's friend [my mother was italian in this dimension!] and she was a military dependent and she asked me if i'd help her with one of her medical problems, i told her that as an E2 what i could do was limited, but she insisted so i reached into my medical bag and grabbed a bottle of pills and handed it to her, for which she hugged and kissed me in gratitude. just then my senior officer showed up and asked me what the hell i thought i was doing, but by then the woman had told her husband, and her husband knew the commanding officer, who came down to where i was at and saw the senior officer berating me, and he proceeded to berate he senior officer.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 8:35 am

Last night I took some painkillers to relieve the side effects from the booster I had, and I think it's why I had nightmares this morning.

I was half asleep when I started getting random thoughts in my head that there was a dead body hanging over my bedroom door, put there by some murderer nutter that somehow managed to break in without me hearing. I laid there feeling really frightened by this bizarre thought that my brain had just made up, and I started shaking with fright. Then I fell asleep and the thoughts became nightmares, where I dreamt I was being followed by a very hideous figure. In the dream I was rushing home from this thing that was following me and I managed to dodge it and got home safely and locked the house up. My dad was there and I was trying to tell him that something had been following me home but he wasn't listening, and he went out leaving the back door open.

Then I woke up.

And I didn't have the creeps any more, in fact I frowned at myself when I remembered how strongly I'd believed there was a dead body in my home. Your brain can play very convincing tricks on you when you're half asleep.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 1:31 pm

I had a strange dream last night that began with me taking a nap.

It was early evening and I was really tired so I decided to take a nap before supper. After a while I woke up, turned on the lights, and started fixing supper.

Soon there was a pounding at the door. When I answered, it was a stranger I had never seen before and he spoke using words that I had never heard even though it was English. He seemed to have trouble understanding me, too.

He demanded to know what I was doing in my house. I thought that was a strange question and answered simply that I was fixing supper. I offered him supper and he looked with disbelief at what I was cooking -- ham and eggs -- like he had never seen such a dish before.

After a bit of talk, I came to realize that he was from the future. Instead of him coming back in time, I had somehow gone forward in time about 600 years! He told me that nobody had been able to enter my house and nothing had damaged it including direct hits by tornadoes over the years and a major grass fire. It was like time in and around the house had slipped and since it wasn't of the time it was in for that 600 years, nothing could damage it. Inside the house, it was still our time.

I started to realize that I would never see anyone I knew again and knew nothing about what the country had become over that 600 years.

After a little while, the guy quickly faded away and the time in the house started going back to today's time and settled back at the time it should have been. Once again, everything was as it should be.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 1:20 pm

i dreamt was in some kind of group home, most of the people were a generation or two younger than me. we were in this big white living room of rectangular shape, about 20 by 15 or so. there were multiple tv sets on the far wall, and "lanes" with an individual tv watcher or gamer sitting at a low onyx-colored table with a console on it, and each tv set was showing different stuff, some with just music videos or wallpaper while music was playing from the tv set and its sound system, some of which were pretty good-sounding. i am amazed as i write this, that each stream of sound from each tv set was totally separate, no mixing of sounds, i could mentally and aurally discern each sound stream like individual beams of audio information. anyways, one middle-aged lady comes in, looking like she just came in from doing yard work, a bit sun-reddened and sweaty, wearing dirty work clothing, and presents us a DVD featuring behind-the-scenes at the game show "Jeopardy!" featuring alex and his minions doing somewhat ribald practical jokes on camera. saw multiple scenes of Alex in his boxer shorts [with suit jacket and tie properly worn] and people laughing uproariously.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 2:02 pm

^Starts off sounding like a parable about the generations. The younger folks are all glued to their devices. The one lady who was middle aged was sunburned from being outdoors doing real stuff, yardwork.

But then she hands you a DVD. And it sexualizes Alex Trebek.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 2:24 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
^Starts off sounding like a parable about the generations. The younger folks are all glued to their devices. The one lady who was middle aged was sunburned from being outdoors doing real stuff, yardwork.
But then she hands you a DVD. And it sexualizes Alex Trebek.

i didn't get a sexual sense from his image, but i did note that he was very trim and fit even in middle age, some good genes he had. mainly it was off-color pranks.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 10:25 am

I was on a sinking ship and everyone was getting killed by either a shark or a whale. My previous employer jumped into the sea to save his wife and got killed too. In the end only i survived but got survivor's guilt.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 11:50 pm

had another dream where i drifted from one social scenario to another, going from a store to a classroom to out on the road in a car.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 12:36 pm

Apparently I watched too much Lost, because now I've been having dreams that I'm on a deserted island with other people and everyone's trying to kill each other, for some reason. lmao

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 12:38 pm

I had a scary dream that my mom had a cancer like condition because of worrying too much about me. She couldn't walk right and i was upset at her for worrying too much.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 12:58 pm

I had a weird dream, one of those where you think you've woke up and are awake, but you're still dreaming. But content was very mundane stuff.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2022, 1:11 pm

theprisoner wrote:
I had a weird dream, one of those where you think you've woke up and are awake, but you're still dreaming. But content was very mundane stuff.

I did too. And there was no transition between being asleep or still dreaming. Mine was also mundane. I did not enjoy it.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 1:18 pm

Worst are the dreams when you're dying (No, The dreams in which I'm dying are the NOT the best I've ever had) and feel if you don't wake up, you will not live. And then you think you've woke up, but your are still dreaming, then you start to panic again. Eventually you wake up, heart racing. Those are rare.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2022, 4:32 pm

I had dreams where I died. The the part about getting stuck forever in the dream is something I experienced too. One time, it was a hyperlucid dream, and I was walking. It then started to rapidly getting even more realistic. I was really afraid I would get stuck there and never go back. So I decided to wake up and was then in me bed.

In another dream, eventually a nurse I had when I was in the hospital came to talk to me. He said something I had to do to quit the dream, but I succeeded to quit before having made what he said I had to do.

So, yes, getting stuck in a dream forever may be a thing. But those dreams I remember where I risked getting stuck weren't that mundane. The dream that was getting more and more realistic even was not a bad dream at all.

Something, I may have a nightmare. But they are not too bad. And some of those nightmares are so absurd that they just feel like boring dreams afterward.