What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 415 of 498 [ 7960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 412, 413, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418 ... 498  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 1:54 am

blackicmenace wrote:
^I don't know enough about hypnosis to have one. Why do you ask?

i've read that through hypnosis a person can learn to have better dreams. hypnosis doesn't work worth a darn for me and reportedly a majority of those on the autism spectrum.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 May 2019, 2:09 am

Why do my dreams disappear? Where's my dream about 2 red houses in a swamp? Did it get deleted for some reason?
Or is there another thread with a very similar name, and I got lost?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 2:13 am

Claradoon wrote:
Why do my dreams disappear? Where's my dream about 2 red houses in a swamp? Did it get deleted for some reason?
Or is there another thread with a very similar name, and I got lost?

Claradoon, there is an identically titled thread but with a poll at the top, have you tried looking there, it isn't too far removed in post rank than this one, it should turn up within the next line or so in fact.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 2:19 am

auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

i've read that through hypnosis a person can learn to have better dreams. hypnosis doesn't work worth a darn for me and reportedly a majority of those on the autism spectrum.

Interesting, I think I'd need a great deal of trust to even try it. I would say I don't recall much of the vast majority of my dreams. I like to think dreaming is our way to simulate dangerous situations like training simulations to gain experience in situations that would normally be deadly or simply emulate skill building during down time. Likely a very useful thing for primitive humans to fail without deadly consequences.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 2:50 am

blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

Interesting, I think I'd need a great deal of trust to even try it. I would say I don't recall much of the vast majority of my dreams. I like to think dreaming is our way to simulate dangerous situations like training simulations to gain experience in situations that would normally be deadly or simply emulate skill building during down time. Likely a very useful thing for primitive humans to fail without deadly consequences.

hmmm... :chin: i wonder, then, what my "toiletmobile driving" dreams are warning me of? :scratch:

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 4:41 am

auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

hmmm... :chin: i wonder, then, what my "toiletmobile driving" dreams are warning me of? :scratch:

The modern mind has a lot of information to use. I imagine it would have been far more useful with much less useless information to use. If you do a new activity and do it often, I have noticed I will often dream about said activity. For instance, if I pick up a new game and start playing it a lot, I might dream about it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 5:17 am

blackicmenace wrote:
if I pick up a new game and start playing it a lot, I might dream about it.

it's not like i'm using the toilet more than i have, recently.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 12:33 pm

auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
if I pick up a new game and start playing it a lot, I might dream about it.

it's not like i'm using the toilet more than i have, recently.

Try thinking of it like this. When your brain goes to imagine a dream it has infobesity so the randomness is very high, but from time to time it might put together a somewhat useful simulation. Try thinking about what a more primitive brain would conjure up. Its reality has much less knowledge and it's daily activities would include activities that help it survive.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 7:51 pm

"infobesity" :study:

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 8:39 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Information overload.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 10:42 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Information overload.

that is my waking state.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 7:30 pm

lately the lions' share of my dreams have just been a melange of my history and current events.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 2:59 am

i dreamt i was a teenager again but in a different time and place. a few years earlier than what was the case for me, i was of age in what looked like the late 60s around 1969-1970 judging by the surroundings. i looked in the dream how i looked in real life, dressed in all black with a black stocking cap and long shoulder-length hair. i was in a city by the beach, reminiscent of sunset boulevard towards the beach terminus.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 8:34 am

I had a really creepy dream last night.

I dreamt that my mom and I were investigators who looked for missing children and tried to solve cases. (I actually work with my mom but the work isn’t that interesting. Lol) We were mostly looking for bodies, and there was never any hope of finding the child alive. In the dream, we found the remains of two little girls. It was a depressing but almost routine part of the job.

When we were in this secluded area near a sinister looking house looking for yet another child, I thought I saw what could be a corpse on the ground and saw turquoise beads which I knew that the girl had been wearing when she was last seen alive, but as I was walking towards the body, this evil sense of foreboding swept over me, and I said, “We need to leave!”

So we rushed to the car and backed away because there wasn’t room to turn around. As we were backing up on an old covered bridge (which isn’t easy to do), I saw the ghost of a little girl following us. She had long blonde hair and was wearing a cream colored dress or nightgown. It was all very vivid. Then I woke up.

Creepy and weird!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 10:16 am

interesting. ^
They say that "everyone in a dream is really you".

Maybe the slain little girl and her ghost are really you, and you're running from yourself, or confronting yourself, in some sense.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 1:02 pm

Long time no see!

For the last month I rarely ever remembered my dreams, but tonight I got an interesting one.

I dreamt that there was a public warning that my city would be attacked soon by a missile. I kept running back into my flat to gather important stuff. My house also looked completely different than it does in real life. Then I tried to flee but saw the missile fall in the distance. In the dream I thought I was about to die but the blast stopped just barely in front of me so I was unhurt.

In a second part of the dream, a friend of mine played a part. He was the same guy but I dreamt that I met him for the first time and he had a really large luxurious apartment.