What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 446 of 498 [ 7960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 443, 444, 445, 446, 447, 448, 449 ... 498  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 11:50 pm

Dreaming about dolls, in one way or another, symbolizes childhood. It could either be symbolic of the dreamer's childhood or could symbolize a child (or “wanted” child) in the dreamer's life. Dreaming of dolls can also symbolize children in your life -either your own children or other's. It could also represent a person or situation in your life that innocently molds or complies to your wishes. It could also mean somebody in your life [or yourself] has been using innocence to get others to do things for them. It may also reflect waking life situations where you are talking to someone that never disagrees with you.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 6:43 pm

WARNING-VIOLENCE-
i dreamt the maga brigades were incited to take over the country, block by block, i was hiding inside a fortified house looking out through a peephole and i saw people dressed in hawaiian garb with full-auto machine guns and "street sweepers" [a type of automatic rapid-fire shotgun] blasting people willy-nilly, no matter if they were fellow magas or the rest of us, i saw bullets flying everywhere and chopping people up. curiously, there was very little blood, just a bunch of bullet holes all over.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 10:21 pm

sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:
Two nights ago, i dreamed that the world had an international cleanse, with some giganic type washer machine. It went wrong, got over heated and exploded, only a few of us survived, as hot water splurged everywhere, all over the world.
No idea why i dreamed that.

How prophetic that sounds.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 11:20 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:
Two nights ago, i dreamed that the world had an international cleanse, with some giganic type washer machine. It went wrong, got over heated and exploded, only a few of us survived, as hot water splurged everywhere, all over the world.
No idea why i dreamed that.

How prophetic that sounds.

the rate of nightmares in america have shot through the roof, social scientists have found.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2020, 2:09 pm

Mine are always the same. Start out doing something then go to get something and can't find the way back before going round and round in circles unable to escape. The last couple of times it seemed to be some kind of shopping center but not one I've been to in real life.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2020, 6:26 am

maycontainthunder wrote:
Mine are always the same. Start out doing something then go to get something and can't find the way back before going round and round in circles unable to escape. The last couple of times it seemed to be some kind of shopping center but not one I've been to in real life.

Ah those I've had a lot esp in childhood! I think shopping malls are one of the most distressing places in everyday life (Im sure concentration camps like in China, opium dens where kids are given such drugs from a young age, like in Afghanistan, courthouses, prisons and torture cells are among the most distressing places overall in the world)
First shopping malls then Grocery stores

We had a store here (became shut down within the past decade) called Zellers.

To me that place was really embodying a quiet horror - it was the place I most often had meltdowns in public that I converted inwards as much as possible..

I used to feel extremely sad for anyone who was having to work at Zellers, Walmart actually isn't so awful in comparison.

Here we have a store chain called Shoppers Drug Mart.

The music there- i told XH this many times- I believe they have it at a pitch that gets into one's brain in a way to sort of make you stop thinking clearly. Not that it is loud- it isn't.

It is the same music other shops play including Wal Mart- but I can tell the difference- ive never had the music get into my head in that horrible obscuring way the way it happens there. Often it gives me a headache but it really makes my mind feel extra muddled

I.mentioned this to several people and they all said you know what I didn't notice before but I think you're right (or similar) ..

They might have been sarcastic but I dont think so.

I don't like the image of their brand Quo. I get bad vibes from it. I think because they had some eyeshadow glosses and lipsticks over the years that referenced ritualistic secret societies (very big and unnecessary for makeup phrases like 'passcode into the temple'-- just a vaguely remembered example of the type of thing) and sacrifice , trance, hypnotism, devil etc all in one range

Quite creepy. The colours were odd too
...blackened greens with purple shifts and grey with orange shift..

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2020, 9:09 am

I had one of those dreams where my brother and I were playing pretend, and we knew it was pretend, but the stuff was actually happening. I was Mothra, and I think he was Godzilla, and we were working together for something I don’t remember. I admitted partway through that I know next to nothing about Mothra, so I didn’t have a clue what my particular abilities actually were. And we did a very poor job of pretending to be monsters, particularly me - I had to keep reminding myself that I was supposed to be a monstrous giant moth (but I knew I couldn’t actually fly, so couldn’t act it that way). This was followed by several shorter dreams where I knew I was dreaming, in one of them I even said to someone “I’m sure glad I didn’t make this sort of first impression in reality,” and we both burst out laughing.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 3:42 pm

i dreamed i was alone in my late folks' house's garage, everything was gray outside, damp and sullen calm, there had been some kind of storm and trees were blown down all over the place, some big fat ones. a crew had come by previously, to pick up the branches and saw the branches off the blowdown, leaving some huge old-growth tree trunks lying here and there. i was wondering what to do when all of a sudden i heard a chainsaw wailing, i looked outside and some gray-haired guy in jeans and work jacket with a logger's big chain saw was cutting up one of the big logs.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2020, 7:18 pm

had another hospital dream [where i useta work] only it was empty of patients, only employees. i felt i was out of place.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2020, 7:31 pm

In my dream which was really the opposite of how I felt yesterday--

so idk why I had it--

I was really really angry and shouting at my dad -

for his character traits leading to decisions and behaviour that caused the family members all extreme anxiety for much of our lives -

After seeing him do it again--
I threw things and had a dramatic fit.

Then i walked off saying, 'I don't care anymore. He cant help it anyway.'

Which my mom had been saying to me in the background when I was shouting at him.

Then I woke up (it was dawn) and was actually fuming as though it was real.

THEN I realized I still had people I wanted to shout at --went BACK to sleep ...
and did so!

Been quite angry abt world events and people fr a while (am sure it's obvious here)

and maybe that's where it's coming from

Edit to add I remember this dream one more thing..
It started with me shouting at a bunch of ppl from the whole world about various wars n stuff like 'why----' 'dont u see ------' etc
Like really shouting and telling them off. Made them shake hands.
THEN I was with mt family and the rest happened :lol:
For accuracy's sake. Because you know you'll be quizzed on it next week...

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Aug 2020, 9:28 am

Novel Tesla electric scooters running away from their owners.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Whale_Tuune
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 11:24 am

I had a weird-ass dream where I was going to study abroad, but for some reason I had to raise this combination of an oyster/crab/tarantula to do so, so I did. But this other student accused me of doing something against the rules and I was disqualified and yelled at in spite of the fact that I'd never knowingly violated any rules. Then the person who told off the other student gave advice to other people and sympathized with them but told me that I didn't deserve his time. At some point I realized that I was dreaming (I lucid dream frequently)... And thought to myself "why is my mind so cruel to me?"

So then I tried to make the dream nicer (hey, it's my dream, right?) but everything went black. Then I lost insight into the dream again, and it was the next day and I was trying to raise a different tarantula/crab/oyster thing. But it hated me, so I went to my professor who apparently was a professor of tarantula/crab/oyster things who was like "well I'll have to euthanize it" and I was really sad. Then I woke up.

It took me a while to get back to sleep after that.......

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 5:02 pm

^
could be symbolic of ...female genitalia.

Or it could be ...an actual oyster, crab, tarantula creature. :lol:

Well...Freud DID say that "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.".

But even if it is a sci fi creature it must mean SOMEthing. :)

Whale_Tuune
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 6:42 pm

No. Freud had no real basis for his beliefs.

I think that I have stress dreams because I'm frequently under stress...

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2020, 2:48 am

Another lost dream.

This one was fun because I was was lost riding around on a 1916 Sunbeam V-twin motorcycle registered under the old Oxford registration mark FC. Love to own something like that!

In the real world I know where there is a 1914 Clyno V-twin combination which is three owners from new and in the same family ownership since the fifties....and that one remains a dream because the owner WON'T sell; Dad and I did try!

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2020, 9:33 pm

dream from earlier -

my sister and i - we were visiting somewhere. she wanted to explore, i said ok!

she wanted to go to a particular place
that had rich people, she had read about them--
to see what their homes were like.

so we went.. lalala (like little red riding hood traipsing along)
laughing and whatever.

it was four houses all facing each other, in an X shape basically. and driveways all had shiny cars and boats and big fancy homes.
in a forest
in a clearing in the forest

Immediately I got a REALLY SPOOKY bad feeling, very strong feeling--
like that these homes were NOT owned by good people, not even safe people -- that we were in trouble if they saw us --

and tried to tell my sister we had to run away,
and it was not worth it even just to look from a distance.
i told her i could tell there must be cameras on us right this minute, we would get in trouble and there is nobody around, these ppl can do anything as they are richer than everyone else in the world.

she kept going closer.. dismissing what i said.

so i had to follow because i wanted to convince her to leave...

she wanted somebody to come out so she could see how these rich people were and maybe talk to someone.
i told her ok enough we saw it please let s go (i was whispering )

then one of the owners came out, i told her DONT GO to him - he was slim, had sunglasses on that were silver and mirrored ,
long cargo shorts,
a striped t shirt (casual clothes)

but you could tell he was rich and very confident and mean (the way he walked he seemed like it to me at least) and he was gonna confront us about what we were doing.

which he did.

immediately my sister in her charming way, where basically everyone takes to her, except sullen mean people, went oh we just wanted to look around we have heard so much about how beautiful these homes are and wanted to see for ourselves. theyre so nice etc

the guy was just quiet nodding and moving his head from her to me again and again.
she said something like , oh how much does a boat cost
and he went why dont u ask him.. or him...

then i got really scared and a whole bunch of other people from the other homes (since the homes were faced in a cross) had come out..
and i felt like it was a gang slowly surrounding us --

sinister.
and the guy (who i thought was creepy because he said Oh meet my new buddies! in a weird way
and with his friends laughing said that they dont need to worry about rules and nobody would dare question them. i had no idea why he said that)

my sister was blithely chatting, like , oh! hi! i was just telling him we were looking at these homes, just to see, sorry whats ur name , my name is __ etc

i was looking around for a way to run,
they said they were just going for a swim or barbecue or something..
invited us, she said okay, but as they walked ahead,

i grabbed her ,
and pulled her aside saying that we HAD to leave, they did NOT look like good people, like the thing
he said about rules not applying to them.

i got bad vibes, and i am always right about vibes !

she didnt fully believe there was anything wrong -
but agreed when i said that -

they asked what we were doing stopping and seemed angry or suspicious (their pleasant veneer was gone).

she said something like oh my sister is just a bit tired, we will come.

and then we ran through the forest all the way home.

the dream did not tell me what the people were or why i was so scared.

Last edited by blooiejagwa on 09 Aug 2020, 9:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.