What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 3 of 497 [ 7950 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 497  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 7:33 am

i remember reading a book of illustrated dreams, that was a riot. anyways, when i normally have a full bladder, my dream machine normally conjures for me dreams of being stuck in a building where all the lavatories are closed or defective somehow. but this time, i ended up NOT having a full bladder but still i dreamt of being at a most unusual NON-porcelain square-bowled urinal, that was made out of beautifully-finished mahogany and walnut, and varnished to a Tee, with shiny gold fittings and a tan marble floor and wall. beautiful. anyways, i unzipped and did the usual, only thing was my willy would not cooperate, but instead insisted on shooting my urine at ANY direction OUTSIDE of the bowl, and i made a stinking mess of that beautiful urinal, and other folk standing around looked askance at me for being such a uncouth slob. there was just no explaining to 'em that my willy was doing the "pinched garden hose" thing of spraying rather than streaming.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 7:57 am

auntblabby wrote:
i remember reading a book of illustrated dreams, that was a riot. anyways, when i normally have a full bladder, my dream machine normally conjures for me dreams of being stuck in a building where all the lavatories are closed or defective somehow. but this time, i ended up NOT having a full bladder but still i dreamt of being at a most unusual NON-porcelain square-bowled urinal, that was made out of beautifully-finished mahogany and walnut, and varnished to a Tee, with shiny gold fittings and a tan marble floor and wall. beautiful. anyways, i unzipped and did the usual, only thing was my willy would not cooperate, but instead insisted on shooting my urine at ANY direction OUTSIDE of the bowl, and i made a stinking mess of that beautiful urinal, and other folk standing around looked askance at me for being such a uncouth slob. there was just no explaining to 'em that my willy was doing the "pinched garden hose" thing of spraying rather than streaming.

I have a recurring dream where I am in a public restroom and every toilet is overflowing and stinking. Every one.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 8:20 am

AW Gawd!! I have these four recurrent dreams all the time:
1) I'm enrolled in a university (I never went to college in reality) and I'm taking a test that I can't possibly pass. Everyone else is excelling and I'm failing.

2) I have to go to the toilet so I go into a public restroom with hundreds of stalls and there is NOT one toilet I can use because of filth, clogs, broken seats, etc...and I'm bursting to go.

3) (I hate this one the most!) I'm walking though one of those doors that you just push open, and when I'm on the other side of it, there's no handle to get back out. Then, there are more, one after another and I can't go back. I just have to keep going forward not knowing what lies ahead...usually just more doors.

4) I dream of looking at a hideous insect/bird that can't possibly exist on this planet. It looks back and me an enters my chest by which seems like osmosis.
These four are so annoying to me that I wake up right away.

Most of my dreams are short and anxiety causing.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 8:33 am

The toilet one must have a universal meaning but I can't think of what it could be.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 2:26 pm

I get the toilet dreams too! You have to go in an awkward, dirty, semi-public place. :( And then it is hard to make it come out. XD

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 4:09 pm

I had a dream last night that was pretty weird.

I was Matthias King, one of my characters. I had just found out that my daughter pushed someone down a flight of stairs, nearly killing them, so I took my revolver and put it under my suit coat, and found my daughter at school. I singled her out, and began to talk to her. I then pulled out my gun and she got on her knees and said "Oh daddy don't shoot me! I don't want to die!" Without thinking, I pulled the trigger and shot the wall next to her. She began to scream harder. Finally I said "I've had enough of your s**t!" and I shot her in the head, and then put the gun in her hand to make it look as though she committed suicide. I left, and never was caught.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 9:23 am

Ackman wrote:
I had a dream last night that was pretty weird.

I was Matthias King, one of my characters. I had just found out that my daughter pushed someone down a flight of stairs, nearly killing them, so I took my revolver and put it under my suit coat, and found my daughter at school. I singled her out, and began to talk to her. I then pulled out my gun and she got on her knees and said "Oh daddy don't shoot me! I don't want to die!" Without thinking, I pulled the trigger and shot the wall next to her. She began to scream harder. Finally I said "I've had enough of your sh**!" and I shot her in the head, and then put the gun in her hand to make it look as though she committed suicide. I left, and never was caught.

That's AWFUL! If I were you, I'd be so worried. :P

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 9:29 am

I have odd dreams when I listen to music in my sleep.

I tend to listen to some music made from sounds of nature like this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WKOpL6wYfw[/youtube]

b9
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 10:26 am

Spazzergasm wrote:
b9 wrote:
i often dream that i am in an abandoned house that is huge and about 10 storeys high, and i do not know why i am there. it is very rickety, and it is like it is made of cardboard, and it teeters when i do not move carefully, and some hallways are blocked off, and i have to go down to a basement for some unknown reason, and i am afraid of heights, but i have to enter corridors that require me to hop over railings and scale my way to the next storey down from there, and if i lose my grip, i will fall a long way to the ground.
it seems imperative that i get to the basement, and i hate that dream.

Oh my, I have some VERY similar dreams! Being stuck on a rickety house with the roof blown off, and it's teetering as I move, and I'm terrified of heights. And it's windy sometimes. And all around me, I see the ground farrrr below.

do you? ok. you should describe one of them maybe

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 10:47 am

I have a recurring dream about houses. I am in a house that I know is mine and everything is as it should be. Then I notice a door I hadn't seen before and open it. Inside is an incredible mess of junk. I claw my way through the mess and find another door at the other end of the room. I open it and it is a hallway leading to another house where I instinctively know is sumptuous and I could have anything I wanted. I am unable to go more than a few steps inside though because I feel like I'm trespassing even though I "know" the house is mine. Very Jungian, I think.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 11:24 am

Aimless wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I have a recurring dream where I am in a public restroom and every toilet is overflowing and stinking. Every one.

I've also had the "horrible bathroom I don't want to go into" dream. Although I've never had the "nice bathroom I completely messed up" dream. What I've read about the "horrible bathroom" dreams is that the literal physical toxic refuse is that it is symbolic of emotional/mental toxic refuse. It is negative, hurtful thoughts and feelings you want to get rid of but can't. It's just too awful contemplating what might spew out if you uncork that mental valve, as evidenced by all the grossness all over the floor. You don't want any part of that but you know you need to but you can't. The dream books didn't address the "really nice bathroom that you mess up" version. I suppose it's less common. It might be "need to get rid of the toxic emotional waste but is this really the appropriate place and am I doing it right?". That's my guess.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 11:32 am

b9 wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:
b9 wrote:
i often dream that i am in an abandoned house that is huge and about 10 storeys high, and i do not know why i am there. it is very rickety, and it is like it is made of cardboard, and it teeters when i do not move carefully, and some hallways are blocked off, and i have to go down to a basement for some unknown reason, and i am afraid of heights, but i have to enter corridors that require me to hop over railings and scale my way to the next storey down from there, and if i lose my grip, i will fall a long way to the ground.

Oh my, I have some VERY similar dreams! Being stuck on a rickety house with the roof blown off, and it's teetering as I move, and I'm terrified of heights. And it's windy sometimes. And all around me, I see the ground farrrr below.

I've had the "huge rickety abandoned house" dream too. I have read that these houses symbolize our minds. The different rooms are different parts of the mind and the basement is the unconscious. Getting to the basement is both compelling and scary. Do you really want to know what's in your unconscious? Part of you does and part of you doesn't. (The part that doesn't hates that dream.) I have spent that entire dream trying to get to the basement while simultaneously trying not to. Once I actually got there and yanked the door open. The room was completely black but also completely full. Against my better judgement I stepped in and was surrounded by a feeling of stuff with substance that I couldn't see and I woke up in terror. I am curious what you will find if you ever make it down to the basement. With any luck you will always wake up first. It wasn't pleasant.

A side note on a dream posted elsewhere. I think the woman from the past who you didn't know but felt connected to and wanted to protect is your biological mother. Just a guess.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 11:33 am

Janissy wrote:
Aimless wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I've also had the "horrible bathroom I don't want to go into" dream. Although I've never had the "nice bathroom I completely messed up" dream. What I've read about the "horrible bathroom" dreams is that the literal physical toxic refuse is that it is symbolic of emotional/mental toxic refuse. It is negative, hurtful thoughts and feelings you want to get rid of but can't. It's just too awful contemplating what might spew out if you uncork that mental valve, as evidenced by all the grossness all over the floor. You don't want any part of that but you know you need to but you can't. The dream books didn't address the "really nice bathroom that you mess up" version. I suppose it's less common. It might be "need to get rid of the toxic emotional waste but is this really the appropriate place and am I doing it right?". That's my guess.

That sounds interesting. My emotional state during the dream I think is I need to "unload" but I want a quiet clean safe place to do it. Everyone else has already messed everything up and left no place for me.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 11:34 am

b9 wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:
b9 wrote:

Well, I can't remember well. One I was on top of this house though, and it was windy, and it was a tall, frail house. And the roof and walls were blown off on the top floor. And every time I walked one direction,it would tilt that way and I'd have to keep it balanced. Quite scary. The stairs were flimsy, too. I can't remember what I had to do there. XD But it was really unpleasant.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 11:34 am

Aimless wrote:
I have a recurring dream about houses. I am in a house that I know is mine and everything is as it should be. Then I notice a door I hadn't seen before and open it. Inside is an incredible mess of junk. I claw my way through the mess and find another door at the other end of the room. I open it and it is a hallway leading to another house where I instinctively know is sumptuous and I could have anything I wanted. I am unable to go more than a few steps inside though because I feel like I'm trespassing even though I "know" the house is mine. Very Jungian, I think.

The house dream that everybody has. I have read that the house is our mind. Each room is a different part of our mind. The "mess of junk" is thoughts.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 11:39 am

Janissy wrote:
Aimless wrote:

The house dream that everybody has. I have read that the house is our mind. Each room is a different part of our mind. The "mess of junk" is thoughts.

Does everybody have it? I guess it's archetypal. Mine never involve getting to the basement. It is usually an upper area. The junk room could be an attic or a studio or a storeroom. The main point is I have to work very hard to get to the door on the other side. Once I opened the door and I was on top of a snow capped mountain in the sun.