What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 416 of 497 [ 7949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 413, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 419 ... 497  Next

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 1:02 pm

Long time no see!

For the last month I rarely ever remembered my dreams, but tonight I got an interesting one.

I dreamt that there was a public warning that my city would be attacked soon by a missile. I kept running back into my flat to gather important stuff. My house also looked completely different than it does in real life. Then I tried to flee but saw the missile fall in the distance. In the dream I thought I was about to die but the blast stopped just barely in front of me so I was unhurt.

In a second part of the dream, a friend of mine played a part. He was the same guy but I dreamt that I met him for the first time and he had a really large luxurious apartment.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 2:20 pm

Had a fun dream.

It was some kind of huge party at a rented venue, like an office party for a crowd that was basically a combination of the folks at my job, and the population of Wrong Planet. Two very different groups.

Lots of music. I would jump to the deejay table and put on a selection - old school funk- Earth Wind and Fire, Dianna Ross, Marvin Gaye.

Then I would go back to the dance floor and join a young lady who was rather pale and Celtic looking (red hair blue eyes) who was composite of more than one WP person (and how I imagine they look) while a pair of Black guys from work looked on with fascination and awe at my coolness. The girl would protest that she was too autistic to do this and that, but I would coach her in how to recognize the pattern of beats of the music in order to do the basic steps of hand jive dancing, and so forth. No romantic or sexual vibe. Just having a good time on the dance floor.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 11:00 pm

^^^interesting how the dream was a melange of the two most frequently visited places :alien:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 4:32 pm

That IS interesting.

The two communities that I most involved with.

Not sure what to make of it though.

Had a good day at work the day before that dream. Positive energy from folks. To make a long story short.

In contrast
was a LONG day (long work day, and had to have dental surgery after it). Got some unflattering, shall we say, push back from a couple people. But did have a kinda insight about something as well.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 1:47 am

naturalplastic wrote:
That IS interesting. The two communities that I most involved with. Not sure what to make of it though. Had a good day at work the day before that dream. Positive energy from folks. To make a long story short.
In contrast was a LONG day (long work day, and had to have dental surgery after it). Got some unflattering, shall we say, push back from a couple people. But did have a kinda insight about something as well.

would like to hear more about the pushback and the why of it as well as your insights. :study:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 6:43 am

For Blabby in particular:
I dreamed that you made a post to this thread but it was written on a big, round blue sticker on my laptop screen. It looked like the discount stickers on hardcover books. You wrote:

"My cousin wanted her basement to look like a pharaoh's tomb but she has PTSD, so she had to hire 67 different painters".

I was trying to pull the sticker off without hurting my screen. People were confused why she needed 67 different painters but I understood it was because she didn't trust anyone, or want each painter to get to know her.

:roll: :farao:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 7:22 am

I can't put some dreams as they are very much prophetic, but here is one. I had some sort of monster in my dream running after me through some sort of tunnel effect of marshmallowness? Not sure. I aas running for it and this big moster grabbed me and tjree times was calling my name, shaking me up and down. I woke up and almost screamed (If I could scream as my voice no loger hits those notes since I became an adult). My mum had grabbed me. I think I was late for work or something!

Another time...
Well. I was worried as I had a really tough shift to do the next day. I was mentally preparing myself for it. I was to work a buzy train all the way up to Cardiff stopping at every stop, then a break, then do the last Maesteg train and back, and then after anotjer break the last of our trains back to Carmarthen which involved trying to work quick through many drunks (Or just tired people who would say "We've had our tickets checked (Was a long distance train I took over)) who didn't do quick... As I had to tell the driver where to stop as it was a drop off only train.

Now I drove to work and started the shift. Worked my way through the shift while half asleep due to fatigue... Eventually finished the shift while cashing up and then somehow driving home (Which often due to fatigue the 17 mile trip home I would hardly remember doing) and climbed into bed to fall asleep relieved... Or so I thought.. Then I woke up. It had all been a dream and worse still I had to do the whole shift again from start to finish... I was exhausted after dreaming it never mind doing it all afterwards! By the time I got back home I was so, so tired I could have slept for a month and not noticed!

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 1:35 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I dreamed that you made a post to this thread but it was written on a big, round blue sticker on my laptop screen. It looked like the discount stickers on hardcover books. You wrote:

"My cousin wanted her basement to look like a pharaoh's tomb but she has PTSD, so she had to hire 67 different painters".

I was trying to pull the sticker off without hurting my screen. People were confused why she needed 67 different painters but I understood it was because she didn't trust anyone, or want each painter to get to know her.

Well, you're a remarkable person, it's exceedingly rare to be able to read in your dreams. What were you reading before you went to sleep?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 2:24 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Well, you're a remarkable person, it's exceedingly rare to be able to read in your dreams. What were you reading before you went to sleep?

I read in my dreams all the time. I also write essays, novels and poetry in my sleep (it's coherent, and I see my hands type). I even composed a thesis in my sleep. I had a long chat about this with NaturalPlastic once. It's likely in this thread or the other dream thread, somewhere.

Before I went to sleep I was reading about Emily Brontë, so it was unrelated. The only connection I can think of, is that I talked to Ezra about cousins.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 2:57 pm

That could have been it, we tend to recall things we write because it's a much more intensive process the brain must go through to encode the information. If you want to remember something, it's a good idea to write it down and in doing so your brain will process that information when you sleep, strengthening the connection of the memory if it is deemed important and it may even have a chance to be a part of your dream.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 2:58 pm

What about that guy... He drempt he was eating a giant marsh mallow. When he woke up his pillow had gone.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 4:28 pm

auntblabby wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
That IS interesting. The two communities that I most involved with. Not sure what to make of it though. Had a good day at work the day before that dream. Positive energy from folks. To make a long story short.
In contrast was a LONG day (long work day, and had to have dental surgery after it). Got some unflattering, shall we say, push back from a couple people. But did have a kinda insight about something as well.

would like to hear more about the pushback and the why of it as well as your insights. :study:

Funny you asked. I was thinking about this very thing. Just as I clocked out from work today I had a "complex social moment" that I regret not handling well. Missed a chance to bond with two guys. One superviser guy started to ask me about my upcoming radio show, and the other seated nearby looked up with curiousity. I kinda wimped out and said "I was still figuring it out" and kinda left abruptly. Like the shy aspie schoolkid I used to be -always afraid that folks are gonna like bully me or something. Not really a big deal, just wished I had given some thumb nail sketch of the ideas I was kicking around like "I might do a prison theme- comedy about prisons, because Micheal Cohen and so many other Trump associates- are now doing time." Like that. Lost an opportunity to further bond with two folks that I already get along with on the job. Oh well.

Yeah- about what we were talking about above.
In the real life thing of that second day- the high ranking superviser was clocking us all out at the end of a long work day in a big store we doing inventory in. A greenhorn middle aged lady was having an argument with him while I waited to get official clocked out. She was gone. He said to "whew...she was yelling at ME for HER being late". So I said to him "the best of us are sometimes late, me for example..". He informed me that I was "not the best..not a good example...you're known for being late often" and like that. Set myself up to be knocked down like a bowling pin so to speak Anyway I thought about on the way home. Wondered why it is that's hard for me to be ontime. There isn't any one reason. But one reason is that in all of my previous jobs (and school for that matter) I am used to arriving at the same place at the same time. The drug store I used to work at - you just had an early shift and a late shift- 9am and 1pm respectively. You just go to the same damned place every day, and do so at the same damned time every day (or one of two same times every day) But on this job even the shfts start at slightly different times (you could start at six am one day, and seven the next, five the day after). And its always a different location. We go into retail stores and count their inventory. Takes a lot of homework just figure out where you're going the next morning, and you haft read the fine print of your schedule and remember the exact different time each day.

So it occurred to me that after 15 years on the job Im still not used to that peculiarity of the job. The reason that that was insightful was that I happened to be having a running debate with another person on the job. The other person is a lady who has been working there for the same length of time I have. Over fifteen years. I was appalled that she still gets emotional about a certain minor thing that I haven't given a second thought to in fifteen years. So it occurred to me that everyone has their thing- their weak spot. I haven't gotten used to carefully reading my weekly work schedule, and she hasn't gotten used that other thing. So maybe I should be so judgemental about her.

The thing this lady does has to do with the customers in the stores we count. She gets surprised, and even emotional, that customers mistake us for store associates and ask us questions. Way back in the ancient days when we both started working for this inventory company- I would get customers talking to me and immediately reasoned that "they see me here, working IN the store, so naturally they are gonna think that I work FOR the store". So in the first few weeks on the job I learned to expect that from customers, and just take it in stride, and I evolved a formula for dealing with them (Sorry. I work for an outside company that counts their inventory so I don't really know if they have Nivea cream or not, but if they did it would be the next aisle over on the health and beauty aisle). And the customers apologize and go away. Problem solved. On to the next challenge.

After fifteen years this lady coworker still gets emotional about customers bothering her (I haven't given it a second thought in 14.99 years. Lol!).

BUT...someone could point out that I still don't read my work schedule carefully enough even after the same fifteen years time. So I cant judge her so harshly. And do know that this lady has difficulties in her life. So I guess we all need to be a little less judgemental.

Don't know if any of that makes any sense to an outsider. Lol1

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 10:37 pm

^^^makes perfect sense to me. :idea:

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 12:18 pm

Whilst we're on the subject of reading and/or text in dreams, personally whenever words show up in mine it's almost always a bad thing.

Examples: "Stop" "Trap door" "You need to leave, here's the exit" "Obstacle course" "What are you doing?" "You have died" "Game over" "Your lot has set on fire" "Wrong way".

I remember one dream in particular where I sat down to take an exam, but the words kept changing language. Everything on the page was quickly flashing between French, Spanish, Chinese, German, Arabic etc. but I could only understand it when it changed to English. Unfortunately, it didn't stay on English and kept flicking between randomly chosen languages. At one point it was just nonsensical symbols. Maybe hieroglyphics? Or perhaps the wingdings font. It was too quick to tell.

Sometimes in my dreams I'll rest my head on a book or close it...only for the contents to fall out. The letters, numbers, and diagrams will flow onto the floor like water and spew everywhere.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 2:25 pm

I need a washer / dryer for my new house & so I dreamt that there was some mythical third appliance in between those two things that I couldn't find.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2019, 10:47 am

I dreamed some guy, possibly from Uzbekistan, drove off with my car. I had to chase him to get it back and pull him out of the car.