Page 2 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 6:37 am

In college for the most part, though throughout my 20s I was hassled on the street by strange men and a couple of years ago I was bullied by my boss.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 7:02 am

About year 10 as all the bullies started dropping out of school. After that it was just plain old social alienation.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 7:42 am

Chronos wrote:
jc6chan wrote:
I think people stopped bullying me in grade 10. There were still a few people bugging me around in grade 9.

Actually, I wasn't bullied.

Lucky :D

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 8:32 am

The exact same crap for me lasted from 1997 to 2006, but I did hear it as recent as 2008. This bullying was both mental and physical and I'm sure it did cause me to start going insane for a little bit. Those were really bad years. What finally got it to stop was that I moved to my third high school (and homeschooling in there, too) and I made a new identity for myself to make sure no one could trace me to any of the other area schools. Much to my surprise, it worked and I actually became really popular there! Now I miss twelfth grade a ton! lol The 2008 thing was when I was back in one of my old school districts at Blockbuster. I wanted to slap those girls so badly.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 8:58 am

Never works for them, I'm just not sensitive to insults and never will let it get to me.

However, I remember getting bullied when I was little, but when I attacked, they just stopped and looked at me as if I was crazy. :lol:
And they also stopped because they realized, words don't mean nothing to me.

cmate
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 May 2010, 10:24 am

I was bullied / made fun of all the way through junior year high school - even some in senior year. then I was not around those people - I still had an occasional issue - it is like people could 'see' something in me, and it attracted them to make fun. then I finally got more confidence, learned martial arts, etc. and it seemed like people left me alone a lot more.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 12:16 pm

Epilefftic wrote:
When my face cleared up, I grew to 6'1 and I was both tall, dark AND handsome. Then everyone left for some reason....

Can I see? :)

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 12:18 pm

I was bullied a bit in elementary school. Then after that, a bit in 6th grade, I took twice in Turkish school. After that no one really bullied me except for this one kid. But he's gone. It was embarrassing because he was like, 3 grades below me, but super developed and stronger than me. :(

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 2:10 pm

When I quit my job.

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 2:41 pm

It had tapered down by late high school, but didn't outright stop until I graduated. At college, just about everyone has pulled their heads out of their asses. It's nice.

Basperger
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 May 2010, 2:45 pm

Most bully's lack intelligence and compensate it with muscles. If they don't understand something/someone they hit it.

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 4:15 pm

There were a couple of girls who kept bullying me right until high school graduation...nothing stopped them. Not ignoring them, not realiating, not trying to reason with them, nothing. I just basically avoided them and ignored their attempts to bait me.

However, most of the bullying stopped partway through 9th grade. I decided to stop trying so hard to fit in, and suprisingly, people seemed to like me a lot more. When I gave up on popularity, I gave up trying to force my company on people, I actually wound up being friendly with the girls who had made my life hell in Middle School. (I won't say friends; but they were nice to me and I was nice to them.) In 12th grade, my classmates actually voted for me to give a speech at graduation. (As an independent school, we didn't do the valedictorian thing. The class president spoke and the class elected two members to speak.) I wrote a poem, rather than a traditional speech, and my classmates really liked that. (Someone referred to me as "the class poet laureate" -- I was so embarrassed, but I knew she meant it as a compliment.)

My suitemate my first year of college and a group of her friends bullied me. They had issues with me because I studied hard, went to all my classes, and did not drink, smoke, get high, or hook up with random people. My suitemate was also convinced I had a problem with her being a lesbian, but my only problem there was that she and her girlfriend were so damn LOUD and they went at it day and night! I couldn't concentrate. I made some friends when a couple of other women found me studying in the upstairs kitchenette; they let me study in their room after that and I made friends with them and their group of friends. I didn't let my suitemate bother me and she let up after a while when she saw she couldn't get to me.

I've experience social alientation and been deliberately left out of things since, but never outright bullied...and it's been a while since those first two happened. I know before I head into a situation that I'm probably not going to fit in; I'm different and I don't know how to interact appropriately, though I do my best. With my friends now, no one cares if I'm weird. They're all a little weird themselves!

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 5:09 pm

I wasn't bullied, or at least if i was then i didn't notice. I pretty much ignored everyone at school except for maybe two or three people. If someone came up to me saying something to trying to get a reaction, i would have just stared at them blankly and they would probably give up. Plus, i was in Taekwondo in elementary school, and most people knew that, so i doubt anyone would try to physically mess with me. More than anything, i remember a lot of people trying to "get through" to me in middle school, i think they felt sorry for me because i didn't talk to most people and would just kind of sit around and stare. So a few of the popular-ish girls tried to get me to talk or do things with them. There were a few people who seemed like they were being kind of mean to me, but, like i said, i pretty much ignored most people so it wouldn't have had much effect and they must have just moved on as soon as it was clear that i wasn't going to interact with them much at all.
This year at work, though, there's a lady who's new in our department who seemed like she was basically bullying me. Not physically, she would just always say "who asked you" and things like that anytime i made an effort to try to get involved in a conversation, gave my opinion on something, or asked about something that was going on. Eventually, when i was trying to give her advice on something we were doing and she kept stopping me everytime i tried to speak, i had to go tell a manager. After that, our department manager gave everyone in our department a talking to, telling them not to talk down to me and treat me like they had been, and, for the most part, people have been a lot nicer since then. Of course, i've been out because of my foot for the past few weeks, so i hope it lasts.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 8:31 pm

superboyian wrote:
Never works for them, I'm just not sensitive to insults and never will let it get to me.

However, I remember getting bullied when I was little, but when I attacked, they just stopped and looked at me as if I was crazy. :lol:
And they also stopped because they realized, words don't mean nothing to me.

Ian, if you believe in any kind of divine entity, and that it is any way responsible for your personality, you would do well to thank it profusely for that trait. :) For it is a blessing.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 8:33 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
I was bullied a bit in elementary school. Then after that, a bit in 6th grade, I took twice in Turkish school. After that no one really bullied me except for this one kid. But he's gone. It was embarrassing because he was like, 3 grades below me, but super developed and stronger than me. :(

He? There was a guy who picked on a female? What a pathetic piece of ****.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 8:36 pm

It never ended completely. Junior year was the last time somebody chronically screwed with me. But I've had individual cases either at jobs or in junior college where somebody thought it was funny to mess with me on end. Appropriately they themselves became outcasts as they eventually messed with the Alphas of the groups I met them in.