Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

QSententia
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 May 2010, 2:50 am

This is the second time I was banned for no reason what so ever on this forum. My previous names were Sententia and Quanta. I was banned for no reason, and this act of aggression towards me, for no justification what so ever is wrong and un-just. I condemn it and request whoever did so be removed from wrongplanet administration. This reckless behavior is wrong, for I did nothing to deserve such treatment and whoever has such power should not for the reasons I have submitted. I am here to live my life with freedom, peacefully and within my constitutional rights. I did not post anything with copyright measures, and didn't act with in humility. I formally, and publicly request my account(s) reinstated and the rid of such ignorance by unutterable provocation.

Freak_Contagion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2010, 3:18 am

I don't know what you did or if you did anything, but technically, you don't have any rights to a forum account. Administrators can ban you just because the feel like it, really. The only downside to doing so is that if they don't establish themselves as legitimate among their flock, they might boycott the forum, or start a new one with the same purpose and migrate there.

Just saying, trying to invoke constitutional rights is kind of meaningless.

Also, there's probably a more appropriate forum for this thread..... Like the WrongPlanet.net discussion maybe? Not sure.

I enjoy random PMs. ^.^

QSententia
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 May 2010, 3:25 am

I have every right to a forum account, like any other person. You can't ban somebody for no reason, just because they're bored It gives them no right to do so. The creator of this forum I'm sure would agree with me. I'm also pretty sure it's the same person that "banned" me the first time for no reason at all, so this radical of an administrator should not be given such a title if they abuse it clearly in this instance.

Freak_Contagion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2010, 3:34 am

-shrug- If you're right about whomever banning you not being a top person here, or in agreement with said person, then yeah, you can argue rights. Still though, there is no basic right to a forum account enumerated in the basic rights of a human being in any state's laws anywhere, to my knowledge, unless it's a publicly owned forum. If the owner of a forum doesn't want you on the forum, you're gone. They have the right as the person paying for the server to censor you on their site.

I'm not trying to be hostile or anything, or saying you deserve to be banned. I'm just being irritatingly nitpicky about the way you phrase your complaint. xP

And admittedly, I probably need to go to bed now. I'm getting tired, and it's affecting my social/cognitive skills now. So I'll ttyl. Hope this dispute goes well for you, provided you haven't been breaking rules or harassing people.

I enjoy random PMs. ^.^

QSententia
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 May 2010, 3:44 am

I would like to know who "banned" me first and I'd like to know the reasons why this "ban" was implemented to begin with.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2010, 4:09 am

It is more likely that it was due to a glitch rather than some specific unidentifiable reason for your banning(s), because it happened to some other members as well:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp2793578 ... t=#2793578

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2010, 6:07 am

QSententia wrote:
I have every right to a forum account, like any other person.

You have no right to a forum account. Nor do I, or anyone else here. It is the "working expectation" and generally a good idea that anyone should be able to create and use an account (so long as they play nice), but it is not a right.

The year is still young.

QSententia
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 May 2010, 8:11 am

Ambivalence wrote:
QSententia wrote:
I have every right to a forum account, like any other person.

You have no right to a forum account. Nor do I, or anyone else here. It is the "working expectation" and generally a good idea that anyone should be able to create and use an account (so long as they play nice), but it is not a right.

Apparently as I've stated earlier, if I was banned for no reason than yes I am entitled to a right in having an forum account. Are you suggesting that WrongPlanet picks and chooses, discriminates against users? Because I doubt that this is the case. If anything it must be a "glitch" and if it really is, and I haveto make a new account every time I post something .. then it's a poorly contrived glitch. It's happening to other forum members too, I'd ask for an investigation and solution to why this is happening rather than just sit back and "let it " happen.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2010, 8:16 am

I don't think that people should be banned, "Just because." Welcome back. :)

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2010, 8:18 am

Um, you didn't think this through very well, did you?

"I was banned for no reason! You know what will really get my way? I'll evade this ban (for a second time, apparently), and make ridiculous demands! Nevermind that this could have been handled by a polite email and that I'm probably nowhere near as innocent as I'm trying to seem."

QSententia
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 May 2010, 8:21 am

Moderators
----------------------
Moderators of WrongPlanet are entrusted with helping to keep the forums civil. These
individuals are not paid and do not speak in an official capacity for WrongPlanet.net.
^^ I agree with what's entrusted in the mods, however If an individual is banned without reason, than that's something that needs to be looked into and discussed between the poster, and the moderator.
Terms of Service Disclaimer
----------------------
If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable,
that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and
enforceability of any remaining condition.

I agree, and have read all terms of service and have not broken anything so I'm just suspicious.

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2010, 8:21 am

On online forums/ boards, your rights and speech are only as free as the TOS you agreed to.

QSententia
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 May 2010, 8:25 am

pat2rome wrote:
Um, you didn't think this through very well, did you?

"I was banned for no reason! You know what will really get my way? I'll evade this ban (for a second time, apparently), and make ridiculous demands! Nevermind that this could have been handled by a polite email and that I'm probably nowhere near as innocent as I'm trying to seem."

I have emailed them, with no reply. This is the second time now and I am upset about it. Do you suggest just staying banned or speaking out about it ? If anything, this is the first forum I've ever been on where you're "randomly" banned as demonstrated in the post the other person have shown. Either the forum has trigger happy mods, or a glitch that really needs to be fixed and brought attention to.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2010, 8:27 am

QSententia wrote:
If an individual is banned without reason, than that's something that needs to be looked into and discussed between the poster, and the moderator.

Again, perhaps in a polite email? Making a topic that makes grandiose demands against the WP administrators (not the same people as WP moderators) is not "between the poster, and the moderator."

QSententia
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 May 2010, 8:27 am

spooky13 wrote:
On online forums/ boards, your rights and speech are only as free as the TOS you agreed to.

As I've stated, I confine to the TOS agreement and have not broken it, so an explanation isn't far-fetched. If it's a glitch, why not have it fixed ?

QSententia
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 May 2010, 8:30 am

pat2rome wrote:
QSententia wrote:
If an individual is banned without reason, than that's something that needs to be looked into and discussed between the poster, and the moderator.

Again, perhaps in a polite email? Making a topic that makes grandiose demands against the WP administrators (not the same people as WP moderators) is not "between the poster, and the moderator."

How am I suppose to ever get answers if I play the waiting game ? Apparently by making this topic, I've discovered from other users that they've been banned before too without notice or obstruction. I'm not making "demands" and I'm not demanding you to post in this article either. It's to post on a grandstand to ask these questions.