Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 5:50 pm

I'm a Virgo. Do you believe in astrology, or have any interest in it? My friend did a natal chart for me and it was very intriguing.

Last edited by Moog on 24 May 2010, 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 6:04 pm

Scorpio. A very innocent and unworldly Scorpio, without sexual drive, or knowledge.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 6:13 pm

Gemini. I find it interesting but I don't believe it has any basis in fact.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 6:31 pm

Who cares?
I used to be into astrology, etc, until I had something of a spiritual awakening, and discovered that it was all a load of sh'te.
When I say I was into astrology, I mean I used to draw up birth charts for people, and due to my aspieness knew everything about all the ins and outs of it... oh, the moon is gibbous in virgo this week, or perhaps it's void of course, and that's why my phone sounds crackly when I try to talk to my Dad...

As I say, I saw the light.

I happen to know exactly the birth chart of my son, and a girl who was born within the same minute of him at the self same hospital, way back when, as well as one girl who was born twenty minutes later.

The girl who was born the same minute as my son has an IQ of eighty, behaviour problems, very violent, has been put into foster care.

My son has an official genius IQ, talented in various areas, and though he's aspie there's nothing wrong with him, he's still with his Mum, and will stay there till he wants to leave, thank you very much.

The girl who was born twenty minutes later is NT, average IQ, parents divorced but amicable, and pretty ordinary. She didn't leave the house ... there was something like an hour after her before anyone could be considered on the cusp.

Of the three of them, the only one at all like his house is my son. And yet they're all safely in that house, and I've worked out their moon, ascendant and descendant stars etc...

When my son was born I thought all this cr@p was important. After fourteen years, comparing three kids born in the same hospital within minutes of each other I've discovered that it's not important at all.

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 6:34 pm

Sun in Virgo, Moon in Aries, Scorpio rising.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 7:37 pm

mgran wrote:
Who cares?

Well, I did ask!

Thank you for writing that, I think it's a very interesting perspective. I'm keeping an open mind.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 7:44 pm

Moog wrote:
mgran wrote:
Who cares?

Well, I did ask!

Thank you for writing that, I think it's a very interesting perspective. I'm keeping an open mind.

It's an interesting perspective, but I did describe how I arrived at it. Just wait till Ruveyn gets here... Well, I hope he turns up, he'll be interesting.

May I ask... I described how I arrived at the conclusion that astronomy was bunk. What made you decide that it wasn't?

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 8:08 pm

Yes, I was genuine. I liked your post, it was good!

I've not decided astrology isn't bunk or is. I like to entertain possibilities.

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 8:09 pm

I kind of care too.

Astrology is a philosophy and an art, which can never be proven or unproven. I was a practicing astrologer for a short time. As for why it is important to me, it was the only possible tool I had available to at least come close to understanding the people around me. It was either that or psychology and I was much into psychology as well. I would have otherwise felt completely alone on a "wrong planet."

Epilefftic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2010, 10:09 pm

Depending on what you believe in terms of Astrology, I'm on the Cusp of Virgo and Libra (9/24), or just a Libra. My moon, sun and most of my planets are also in Libra. Personality wise, I'm a stereotypical Libra.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 May 2010, 12:17 am

I'm a Scorpio & the only thing I know about this stuff is from the "Weird Al" Yankovic song,. Your Horoscope For Today. I'm not interested in this stuff at all but I think I should listen to Al's advice & work on improving my low self esteem :) :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 12:35 am

sagitarius [dec. 6] before the new moon-
ascendant is scorpio, 4.35 degrees first house = neptune 10.08 degrees, mercury 28.13 degrees-
2nd house = sun in sagitarius 14.24 degrees-
3rd house = jupiter in capricorn 8.17 degrees, saturn 16.43 degrees, venus 25.26 degrees-
9th house = mars in cancer 16.53 degrees retrograde, moon 21.05 degrees-
10th house = uranus in leo 25.47 degrees retrograde-
11th house = pluto in virgo 8.07 degrees

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 3:13 am

Mixed. Capricorn and Aquarius.
(I have NOTHING normal :lol: )

I don't care about star signs, but many people like to read me the horoscopes from magazines.
Sometimes my mailbox shows me a horoscope, I read it and laugh when it works.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Last edited by Valoyossa on 25 May 2010, 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 3:15 am

~~~
~~~

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 4:06 am

I'm a Scorpio. Quiet and supposedly mysterious to others.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 4:34 am

nick007 wrote:
Your Horoscope For Today

One of his better efforts. :)

I'm a Libra. I'm prepared to entertain the notion that there is a correlation between star sign and personality type, in the very general sense that the time of year you are born may affect your experience growing up; probably most importantly, it'll affect your age relative to other children in your school year.

A very rough (do tell me if I got it very wrong!) scribbling I just did gives me an acceleration toward Jupiter due to Jupiter's gravity of at most ~0.3 10^-6 ms^-2 for someone on Earth. As opposed to the usual ~10ms^-2 downwards due to Earth's gravity. The other planets do indeed affect us constantly, just not very much... :)

The year is still young.