Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 7:03 pm

Epilefftic wrote:
There's a saying, "dogs have owners, cats have staff"

Hah! My dog wasn't really demanding, but he definitely had a 3-person staff!

I'd choose dogs any day. Shepherd breeds.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 7:10 pm

gramirez wrote:
Cats are way more emotionally intelligent than dogs.

What makes you think you understand what's going on inside your pet's head? :roll:

I like them both, but prefer to keep around a dog because having one helps one to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 8:17 pm

Cats. My first order as autocratic leader of the planet will be the biological disassembly of all dogs and wolves, and their purgory from the genetic record.

This has nothing to do with loving cats or being allergic to dogs whatsoever.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2010, 12:55 pm

Cats! They're so amazing and beautiful. I also like how mine demands things. :lol: She's smart, and always knows how to get her way.

Rose_in_Winter wrote:
Technikilor wrote:
Cats, infinitely. Cats are amazing, beautiful creatures. Dogs are annoying and dirty.

I've never understood this. Cats stink. I mean, they smell horrible. No clean, healthy animal should smell like that, but they do. Ew, and hairballs everywhere...nasty! I'd rather clean up a puppy accident. And cats poop IN YOUR HOUSE, unlike dogs who are easily trained to go exclusively outside. Dogs are not dirty and smell fine if you care for them properly. Dogs are far superior to cats...they are cute, friendly, loving, loyal, and smart. Cats go 0 for 5 in those cases.

:? My kitty doesn't stink. Come to think of it, I've never come across a cat that stinks unless it's ill or something. They are very clean animals. Hairballs, oh well, I don't mind. Well, my cat uses her litterbox. The dog is always outside, but it makes my dad furious when he ends up stepping in dog poop. There's no danger of that happeninig with the cat, unless you step in the litterbox.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2010, 1:05 pm

Cats. Dogs are stupid, dirty (they literally eat s**t) and way too dependent.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2010, 3:08 pm

I think they're both intelligent creatures if you want the truth.

But I got to say cats are much easier to take care of than dogs. They don't stink, bark or doodoo in your yard.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2010, 3:28 pm

Definately dogs.

Dogs are friendly, happy, and love you to peices no matter what. They love to play, can understand quite a bit of human speech, can be taught tricks, and are innocent and happy-go-lucky. They want nothing more than to please their owners and try so hard to do so.

Some cats are nice. Most are rather aloof, apathetic, and self absorbed. They may want you around ocasionally but most of the time couldn't care if you were alive or not as long as they get their food and are let out when they want to be let out and in when they want in. You can pet them for as long as they allow it - after which they will bite or scratch at you. Cats are devious and manipulative, which may indeed count as more intelligent but its not the kind of intelligence I want to be around. I personally much prefer an innocent, although possibly less intelligent, happy creature to a smart cunning one.

Which is why I dislike humans. :P

I definately have a much more of a dog-like personality than a cat-like one. Before joining wrong planet I didn't even know about social status or all constant little manipluations that people do or how often people tell white lies. I took people at their word. I was totally ignorant and completely innocent and just trying so hard to please and be nice to people. Kind of miss that :( Ignorance is bliss, afterall.

vintagedoll
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 May 2010, 5:15 pm

I definitely prefer cats. I have always had a great love of cats and we have 2 of them. They are amazing, beautiful, graceful and very cute. I love their soft fur; a cat can be so lovely to cuddle up to and I love the smell of our cats' fur. They can be really entertaining to watch when they are playing, I also love to watch a cat groom him/herself. A cat's aloofness can be quite amusing too, the way they so pointedly walk away from you if they don't want your attention. But what I really love about them is that they don't judge us by anything like the same criteria that humans do.

Although I wouldn't wish a dog any harm, I have never liked dogs and have always found them quite scary. I think it's mainly their bark that scares me. When I was very, very little I used to think they were going to eat me. Even now, if a dog barks at me I want to run from it and I still feel anxious if a dog comes towards me.

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 1:38 am

LIZARDS!

Ok ok, if it's between cats and dogs then i vote for dogs. I like both, i like all animals actually, but dogs are more fun to interact with.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 9:09 pm

vintagedoll wrote:
I definitely prefer cats. I have always had a great love of cats and we have 2 of them. They are amazing, beautiful, graceful and very cute. I love their soft fur; a cat can be so lovely to cuddle up to and I love the smell of our cats' fur. They can be really entertaining to watch when they are playing, I also love to watch a cat groom him/herself. A cat's aloofness can be quite amusing too, the way they so pointedly walk away from you if they don't want your attention. But what I really love about them is that they don't judge us by anything like the same criteria that humans do.

Oh, I LOVE their fur. I always cuddle Sissy close to my face when she lets me. And the scent is difficult to describe. It's not like, well, it doesn't stink, it's not very...you can't notice it too much, you have to get kind of close to her to smell it. It's odd, but I love their fur. I like to watch her groom herself too. It never ceases to amaze me how she does it with so much concentration and all that. Yeah, that's quite amusing. I love when she wants me to feed her or give her something. She starts wandering after me. If she wants something from downstairs, she watches from the top of the stairs to MAKE SURE I am going downstairs, so then she comes, too.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 5:15 am

My dog is not stupid. She has no common sense, but she's very smart.

I like cats and dogs. Small furry animals > humans.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 4:32 pm

Which is the better animal is really a matter of opinion.

I personally prefer cats over dogs, because dogs are too noisy and I hate the way they bark at anybody who walks by the house.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 7:09 pm

I don't think that either one is better. They're just different from each other.