Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 4:17 pm

I have half an eyebrow now and mom says it looks weird. I was curious if anyone else here has been known to do this. I do it while watching tv not sure why though. :-)

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 4:29 pm

Yep, all the time. When I was younger I used to pull other people's eyebrow hair too, but I stopped doing that after it got me in trouble at school.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 5:00 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
I have half an eyebrow now and mom says it looks weird. I was curious if anyone else here has been known to do this. I do it while watching tv not sure why though. :-)

You are singing my song!

I used to do this all the time when I was younger and still do now when I get stressed.

:P

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 5:51 pm

I don't pull it, I shave it with an electric razor. But when you get to a certain age, they grow so thick, you look old. And that's a bad thing nowadays.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 6:27 pm

I do but mine don't come out thankfully! I have these tough wiry brows. Maybe you need to find something to occupy your hands- take up crochet, maybe.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 12:29 am

I tried plucking my eyebrows once and came extremely close to tears. It hurt so badly.

I remember my sister telling me that I should trim my eyebrows once. However, my dad advised me against it and gave me this little gem: "The only difference between a good eyebrow and a bad one is a single hair."

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 12:40 am

I like stroking them. Not pulling them out though, unless I'm tweezing. Then I have to do it as fast as possible, so it hurts minimally.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 7:00 am

Meh, I don't pull the hair out, but I wipe my face every now and then. And wash my hands. And rinse out my mouth. And scratch my nails.
So yeah.

Spazzergasm wrote:
I like stroking them.

This too.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 7:24 am

I'm stroking my left one right now. :P

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 3:18 pm

I guess that is what I actually do -stroke them not pull. And it is true that one hair can make a difference. My wiry brows are long and thick, and if I pluck one too many it is noticeable. If I didn't pluck I would have a monobrow though.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 4:46 pm

I love stroking my beautiful eye brows, but I don't pull them.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 8:53 pm

Used to, but not anymore... I go to a salon and wax my eyebrows now. It's a bit expensive, but worth it as my eyebrows are naturally very bushy.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2010, 2:08 pm

I only pluck them with tweezers every now and then. It's PAINFUL. And wax, too. I have to get enough hair plucked out as it is, to be tempted to pull anymore.

I used to, though. The hair rather...puzzled me. I would pull at some, and look at the strands.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

sketches
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2010, 5:07 pm

I think it's impossible to pull out my hair with my own fingers. I tried pulling a hair out of a mole I have, thick and long as it is, resulting in pain in my hand. I can't pull hair from my eyebrows at all! They slip too easily, and the hair is too small to grip. I think I am too weak.

bigdave
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Apr 2010, 2:02 am

It hurts too much to pull my eyebrow hair out by hand. I pluck them sometimes so I don't get a uni brow.

Poeticromance
Toucan
Toucan

14 Apr 2010, 2:59 am

I hate my eye brows. They are so thick =[ I don't wanna shave/pluck them all the time though. When I shower, I end up scratching them a lot.