Do any of you like collecting feathers?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 9:48 pm

I don't think a lot about it, but I do always like to collect feathers I see that are in a good condition. I have a couple of canadian geese feathers, two blue jay feathers and a couple others I am not sure what kind of bird they were from. One is white with brown stripes and one is mostly light grey with some darker grey towards the bottom.

That said I don't know what to do with them, but I like collecting them.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 9:50 pm

I used to have eagle feathers but sadly I've long since misplaced them.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 9:58 pm

I used to love collecting feathers and sea shells. The only feather I have left is a huge owl feather my mom found ahd gave me that I sometimes use for smudging.

♤ The Military

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 4:17 pm

I have collected feathers all my life. I have barred owl feathers, turkey, blue Jay, roseate spoonbill, ibis, great blue heron and lots more. I put the in bouquets and place then around the house.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 4:41 pm

I have some a friend gave me that are from bright tropical birds.Then some I found.
I have an antique piece of art where the flowers are made of feathers.Photo isn’t of mine, but from google.Mine isn’t quite as pristine.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 2:02 pm

OMG, I loved collecting those when I was merely a little girl, I was not more than 4-5 back then. It was my very first collection I ever had in my life. :D One day, I remember, I got bored with the idea of collecting feathers and I got rid of it, throwing them out... but just a moment later I came to the conclusion it was a very bad idea for at this very moment I understood I loved my collection so much and I wanted to keep it, so my grandmother had to crawl to gather the feathers back :lol: