Why do popular members have it easy on here?

Page 4 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 5:19 am

Some of the more 'popular' members have been subjected to considerable abuse and bullying by some here; so I don't think they always all have things so easy.

I've PMed a few (popular) friends that were bullied so badly that they stopped posting here.

There seem to be a few topics that bring out the absolute worst of humanity in some people here............. :roll: :arrow:

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 5:27 am

Ferdinand wrote:
By image, I mean something that is associated with you. Cockneyrebel is known for loving her Kinks and making kind responses. She does this a lot, and people easily identify with her and humanize her.

I think I am known for being silly but kind, and my avatar is a pretty woman smiling. Catchy, eh?

You need to find out your "niche".

That's a very good point, actually. I wonder how people see me on here? Probably as a greedy bastard :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 7:14 am

I agree about some topics bringing out the worse. I'll post in those threads once and state that's where I stand, so that I don't get attacked, or avoid those topics, all together.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 11:13 am

Descartes wrote:
I think the way to get a lot of responses is to ask something a lot of people are interested in, or have a lot to say about.

Like peeing in the shower :lol:

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 12:02 pm

jc6chan wrote:
Descartes wrote:
I think the way to get a lot of responses is to ask something a lot of people are interested in, or have a lot to say about.

Or not wiping your ass after taking a s**t. :lol:

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 1:14 pm

Descartes wrote:
jc6chan wrote:
Descartes wrote:

Or not wiping your ass after taking a s**t. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 4:31 pm

Nope, i'm not popular.
every thread i touch dies :lol:

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 4:49 pm

roygerdodger wrote:
superboyian wrote:
That's because these three have been members for a very long time and plus they give one another respect to each other, while me on the other hand just post to everyone's questions.

Also it depends on how often you post, sometimes if you post often, you'd find that you will become popular and then start getting more positive answers on your help threads.

Also, communicating with other members help, by PM. :P

Are there like certain topics you have to post/respond to to be popular on here?

The way I see it, you have to have a lot of posts to be "popular". Being a member for a very long time also helps things, I think.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 9:29 pm

I've had lot of posts here and I seemed popular in silence. I got myself popular a few years ago with my fetish threads. I was well known because of my fetish. Even I was popular with the mods, in a bad way.

Then I have been told I am very well liked and some people look up to me. Someone even gave me a appreciation thread.

But I don't feel real popular here. I feel I am blended in with the members.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 9:57 pm

I have a feeling that those who are popular here are at least somewhat popular in real life. I mean "somewhat" as in they at least have a fair amount of friends. If you're gonna be awkward in real life, chances are you're gonna be somewhat awkward here since aspies cover a wide spectrum of behaviours.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 10:30 pm

jc6chan wrote:
I have a feeling that those who are popular here are at least somewhat popular in real life. I mean "somewhat" as in they at least have a fair amount of friends. If you're gonna be awkward in real life, chances are you're gonna be somewhat awkward here since aspies cover a wide spectrum of behaviours.

I considered myself popular in high school because everyone knew me but I was not very sociable and I didn't have friends and I wasn't invited to parties and stuff or even asked out. However I did have a prom date once and I have been invited to someone's dance party three times before she moved. Heck even middle school kids knew who I was and so did some elementary school kids. But I didn't know them nor knew their names and who they were. It was obvious I was talked about behind my back or else I wouldn't be known.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 10:35 pm

People tend to hate my wherever I go. It's just my nature, I guess. I don't mean to be though. :(

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 11:22 pm

You can't go through life expecting everyone to like you. Unless you're willing to be totally artificial, which just isn't worth it.

My take on your popular people/the reasons they are popular.

Cockney is prolific, nice, and well-represented. She's sort of the mascot of WP. And I mean that in the best way possible.

Hale Bopp is usually controversial and a bit crass at times. She's well known, but I wouldn't go as far to say she's popular. No offense HB.

Superboyian is a leader-type, he's naturally charismatic and always nice. At least online :lol: . People are drawn to that. As far as I know it's not something you can learn.

These are just my impressions. You're welcome to dispute them, but keep that in mind.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 8:26 am

Darkword wrote:
You can't go through life expecting everyone to like you. Unless you're willing to be totally artificial, which just isn't worth it.

My take on your popular people/the reasons they are popular.

Cockney is prolific, nice, and well-represented. She's sort of the mascot of WP. And I mean that in the best way possible.

Hale Bopp is usually controversial and a bit crass at times. She's well known, but I wouldn't go as far to say she's popular. No offense HB.

Superboyian is a leader-type, he's naturally charismatic and always nice. At least online :lol: . People are drawn to that. As far as I know it's not something you can learn.

These are just my impressions. You're welcome to dispute them, but keep that in mind.

And I'm a "wannabe funny" type. Even though not everyone thinks my posts are humorous. Not that I'm that popular.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 8:45 am

To be quite thoughtful & sincere I'm not here to win a popularity contest or such though, I do act honorably arou people here on WP whom have been stalwarts of WP whereb; I don't torment or bother anyone..I'll state for the record there has been times where I've felt that I was burdening people so, I try my best not to.. :salut: :salut:

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jun 2010, 3:06 am

roygerdodger wrote:
Like for example, whenever somebody like Tim Tex, CockneyRebel, or Hale Bopp posts a thread asking for advice, they get loads of positive responses, but whenever I post one, I get little to no response or rather insulting advice. I swear, this site is just like high school! :evil:

First of all, avoid mentioning specific names like that.

That is just the way things tend to work out. Some members attract more attention than others. If someone is being just plain mean, tell them so politely. I admit I can sometimes clown around too much and say something mean (though usually I will catch myself before they do.) I just wouldn't take it too much to heart.