Why do popular members have it easy on here?

Page 2 of 11 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 7:08 pm

Ferdinand wrote:
superboyian wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
superboyian wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
Gee, I sure wish I was popular. :roll:

You seem to be quite a popular newbie. Just wait a little more longer till you get recognized. :lol:

I was being sarcastic. I am WP's very own friendly troll. Everyone loves me :).

BLAST! :lol: (I knew that).

Get on skype, noob.

I'm kinda busy with fixing things at the moment to actually talk on skype at the moment.

Know me on the inside before you judge.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 7:10 pm

Ferdinand wrote:
roygerdodger wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
roygerdodger wrote:
superboyian wrote:
That's because these three have been members for a very long time and plus they give one another respect to each other, while me on the other hand just post to everyone's questions.

Also it depends on how often you post, sometimes if you post often, you'd find that you will become popular and then start getting more positive answers on your help threads.

Also, communicating with other members help, by PM. :P

Are there like certain topics you have to post/respond to to be popular on here?

You need an image, and an avatar to correspond with that said image.

My "Thief and the Cobbler" image doesn't count?

By image, I mean something that is associated with you. Cockneyrebel is known for loving her Kinks and making kind responses. She does this a lot, and people easily identify with her and humanize her.

I think I am known for being silly but kind, and my avatar is a pretty woman smiling. Catchy, eh?

You need to find out your "niche".

And for me, I'm known as being the kind spokesman here and a guy with a friendly image.
I barely change my avatar unless I get really bored of it.

And yes, your avatar is very catchy, there is technically no way of avoiding you. :lol:

Know me on the inside before you judge.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 7:11 pm

superboyian wrote:

And for me, I'm known as being the kind spokesman here and a guy with a friendly image.
I barely change my avatar unless I get really bored of it.

And yes, your avatar is very catchy, there is technically no way of avoiding you. :lol:

I force my way into your life.

You see this smile? Witchcraft.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 7:12 pm

roygerdodger wrote:
superboyian wrote:
That's because these three have been members for a very long time and plus they give one another respect to each other, while me on the other hand just post to everyone's questions.

Also it depends on how often you post, sometimes if you post often, you'd find that you will become popular and then start getting more positive answers on your help threads.

Also, communicating with other members help, by PM. :P

Are there like certain topics you have to post/respond to to be popular on here?

A lot of the most popular topics are the ones where people are encouraged to share something about themselves. You could try making threads about that. Examples: "Have you ever _____" "What's your favorite _____" "Don't you hate it when _____" etc, etc.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 7:29 pm

I am not that popular or well-known here. I just post what I feel like when I feel like it.

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 8:14 pm

I consider myself very unpopular, but that just keeps me in my familiar element, I guess.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 8:18 pm

roygerdodger wrote:
Like for example, whenever somebody like Tim Tex, CockneyRebel, or Hale Bopp posts a thread asking for advice, they get loads of positive responses, but whenever I post one, I get little to no response or rather insulting advice. I swear, this site is just like high school! :evil:

I choose which posts to read based on how much the subject of the post interests me, and I reply if I have something to say.

Who posts it is entirely irrelevant to me.

However I have a similar issue with few people responding to my posts on multiple message boards, which leads me to believe it is not that I am being intentionally snubbed but perhaps my mind works in such a way that I am removed from the communal topics of interest. I have come to conclude that it is just a facet of my AS manifesting in the internet realm...

Moog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Jun 2010, 8:20 pm

dyingofpoetry wrote:
I consider myself very unpopular, but that just keeps me in my familiar element, I guess.

Roentgenium is an unpopular element.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 6:40 am

Moog wrote:
dyingofpoetry wrote:

Roentgenium is an unpopular element.

But is your elephant popular?

The year is still young.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 6:54 am

I still have my good times and bad times, here. Some days are easy and some are hard for me, on WP.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 7:05 am

Once upon a time, there was a 60s Mod, who was hurt very badly, by some guy, in 2007. This person decided to live the lifestyle of a Punk Rocker. She turned against everything that she stood for, her entire life. Swinging London, Carnaby Street, Routemasters and The Kinks. She used two types of avatars. Sid Vicious and Sid from 'Flushed Away'. People kept on asking, "What happened to the old CockneyRebel"? or "What happened to the real CockneyRebel"? This member was told to woman up, every time that she posted in The Haven. This person went back to being herself, less than a year ago. This person no longer has the persona of a fake Punk Rocker. This person is being herself, for the first time, in 14 years. This person is me. 8)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 7:07 am

I wasn't always popular.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 7:10 am

She also doesn't know about the edit button.

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 8:02 am

roygerdodger :)

Wrong Planet, to me, is a place where I can relate and get advice or even give advice.

I don't frequent this site to get popular, nor do I give a squat about "popular". I know you've been a member for four years so you must be getting something out of it.

People you mentioned in your original post are amongst those who have helped me feel welcome and given me courage to relax and enjoy being on Wrong Planet...some of them might even try to shock me... :lol:

I'm thinking that maybe you're just having a bad day...of course now I'm going to go looking for and bump one of your threads... 8)

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 8:38 am

roygerdodger wrote:
Like for example, whenever somebody like Tim Tex, CockneyRebel, or Hale Bopp posts a thread asking for advice, they get loads of positive responses, but whenever I post one, I get little to no response or rather insulting advice. I swear, this site is just like high school! :evil:

I wouldn't worry about it. Some posters are coke, some posters are moxie...

Coke will NEVER be the official soft drink of Maine.

Moxie will never be enjoyed by... by... anyone.

That's life. Deal. :?

PS

It WOULD be nice to get better quality advice, especially concerning food safety!
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to return to the restroom for another 45 minute bout of explosive diarrhea.