Question about weapons on the game Killzone

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 3:25 am

In the game killzone, the primary weapon of the ISA, the M82 G, to me looks rather more like the Tavor G.TAR 21 than the Finnish M82. I think the Helghast assault rifle is modeled after the French F.A.M.A.S. assault rifle. The CGI modeling is not exactly the same, but I think it's similar enough to say that there is a possibility of the outward rifle design being derived from the French F.A.M.A.S. and the Israeli G.TAR 21, but does anyone have other opinions?

(The reason I don't post this on the Game Forum is because it is really slow and it seems like I just get ignored by the denizens.)

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 4:35 pm

Anybody? Anybody?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 7:48 pm

I took a look at the models, and while there is some resemblance, I'd call all of them composites of contemporary firearms designs rather than being based specific models. The shotgun is the closest to resembling a real firearm, the Franchi SPAS12, but even it has some significant deviations from the real firearm. If you're interested in a pretty neat sci-fi video game weapon that is nearly identical to a real world firearm, compare the Styer AMR prototypes to the model for the APFSDS sniper rifle from the first HALO game, the form and and function align nearly perfectly.