Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Soledad
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jun 2010, 12:20 am

I have a slight class 3 (underbite). I bite my tongue at night and everything. I used to have tongue tie where I couldnt stick out my tongue, and I also had my tonsils removed because I couldnt swallow. all these mouth problems make me feel different and I'm sick of them. If I have to have asperger's, why cant my physicality just be normal. The part I hate most about the underbite is that I cant smile on pictures. Everywhere I look, i never see anyone else with an underbite, and I sometimes wonder why I'm so different. The asperger's is one thing, but then I have this dang underbite. I have visited mu orthodontist, and hopefully I'll be getting money soon to fix it. Once the process of fixing it starts, i will stop feeling this way. I just dont know when the process is gonna start and thats what makes me worried.

Who else has a physical thing they hate about themselves that adds to the asperger's?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 1:01 am

I used to have a severe overbite (buck teeth) with a huge gap in between my front teeth caused by excess gum tissue. I got made fun of for it in school - I got called Bugs Bunny a few times, and kids at the lunch table told me I was disgusting because I ate with my mouth open (I couldn't close my mouth due to my buck teeth). Minor surgery and braces fixed it within 6 months, and it didn't cost my parents a dime because a deacon and his wife at the Catholic Church we attended offered to pay for everything.

I also have some minor physical abnormalties that many people don't notice unless I point them out:

- Under-developed chin (part of the reason for my overbite)
- Small eyes
- Big toes are shorter than subsequent toes, very large gap between big toes and second toes
- Small, thin hands with unusually long thumbs