Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 12:27 pm

Did you ever know anyone like that in person? I mean, people who had both their first and last names like yours. And what about the net, what results do you get after typing your first and last name in the browser? Or maybe you share a name with someone famous?

I never knew any women or girls named exactly like myself. When I typed my names, I got many mentions on some schoolgirls. When I added the name of the town to my name, I got the links to the contests I took part in and in which I won.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 12:40 pm

There were at least 11 people in the USA who had the same and first last name as me. Now there are more people who have the first and new last name I have. I have never ran into anyone who had the same name as me.

But however my mom and my aunt both have the exact same names. That's because they both married two brothers. My dad and the other married his brother which is my uncle. And they both have the same middle names too. So sometimes my mom will get phone calls asking for a Meredith and my mom says she doesn't have a daughter named that and they have the wrong person. Meredith is my cousin and the daughter of my aunt and uncle.
And here is the funny thing, my aid I had also knew my aunt and uncle when they lived in Montana in the area. Back then my dad wasn't even married yet to my mother nor had he met her yet.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 2:31 pm

League_Girl wrote:
There were at least 11 people in the USA who had the same and first last name as me. Now there are more people who have the first and new last name I have. I have never ran into anyone who had the same name as me.

i used the 'how many of me' website too and there's 1 person in the U.S with my name (and it's not me!) so i guess my names quite rare:)

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 3:01 pm

I have like one of the most popular names.......D:
So i have met a ton with the same name.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 3:24 pm

I don't know anybody with exactly the same name in Poland.
Google showed me some girls from Germany, but I don't feel any necessity to contact them. Because why? Hey, we have the same names! ? Not enough.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 3:39 pm

Yeah, quite a few. My grandfather for one. :)

The year is still young.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 3:45 pm

There are too many Ian [Insert Surname Here]'s here. (I rather keep my surname private). :lol:

But I don't know any in person though, although I do happen to know tons of Ian's.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 5:11 pm

superboyian wrote:
There are too many Ian [Insert Surname Here]'s here. (I rather keep my surname private). :lol:

You'll always be Boyian to me. Like Lilo Leme. :lol:

The year is still young.

Agnieszka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 5:34 pm

There are lots of women with my first name and none with both my first name and surname. My surname is rare 8)

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 5:47 pm

According to Google there are people with the same first name and surname as me, but I am yet to meet those people in real life.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 6:50 pm

superboyian wrote:

But I don't know any in person though, although I do happen to know tons of Ian's.

Ian(my name as well) is a quite uncommon name here in the US. There is usually only one other Ian at each school that Iv'e gone to. I remember that there was a kid named Ian McCurragh or something like that in my 3rd and fourth grade classes. Our teachers had to call us Ian C(my last name is Cleary) and Ian M.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 7:33 pm

ShenLong wrote:
superboyian wrote:

Ian(my name as well) is a quite uncommon name here in the US. There is usually only one other Ian at each school that Iv'e gone to. I remember that there was a kid named Ian McCurragh or something like that in my 3rd and fourth grade classes. Our teachers had to call us Ian C(my last name is Cleary) and Ian M.

Ahhh... I know this Ian... (I knew that). :lol:

I found it weird that nobody in my school was called Ian, not one single person.. :lol:

Soon as I go to college, there are tons of people called Ian.
What was funny was 3 Ian's looked when their names were being called (yes including me). :lol:

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 7:39 pm

I thought for sure I was one of a kind as far as having the same first and last name. Maybe because in my town there have always been less than 5 in the phone book and now I think I might be the only one. But that's because my father's family was from the North and my last name is much more represented in New Hampshire and Mass. So I did the search and there are 56 that share my first and last name.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 7:46 pm

My first name is rare in my country but seems to be more prevalent in America...

My last name is very very common..

So I found a few pages there of people with my name. They seemed to mostly be writers, photographers, editors, communication directors etc. A few social networking pages came up too.

Taking a break.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 8:49 pm

There are some with my name but I've never met any. I've only ever met two people who had my first name, and one person with a variation of my last name. First in the google results is the wikipedia page for a Scottish musician who is now living in Australia... man I wish that was really me.

I'm actually not online much with my real name. Even when I type in my hometown as well, the only mention of me on google is my amazon wish list. So if people ever try to find me online all they'll be able to do is buy me presents. :lol:

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 10:18 pm

Hannibal Lecter