Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 12:03 pm

In some of them I like the strange smell, but only for a short while. I really like the ones that spin, especialy the kind that move around the ground. Other ones I just prefer to light and watch. The black pellets you light into "snakes", and those white bag you throw down to the ground are boring.

My father held a very small firecracker in his hand and didn't toss it in time. He said it felt like a hammer slammed against his fingers, so I do have a problem with these people that hold paper tube fireworks in their hands when they go off.

Ah the things you can do with fireworks, hhhheheh. *rubs hands together and grins whickedly*

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 2:07 pm

Love them, but I hate the little ones the general public buy and light up all around the main show we go to. "Piff? Crackle? Pop?" They sound like a big bowl of Rice Crispies to me.

I wanna hear the booms that shake the ground and pound me right in the chest, then echo off the surrounding mountains.

Yeah! That's MUSIC to my ears and soul. 8)

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 2:30 pm

I love the combination of the colours and the pop of the noises.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 4:25 pm

kx250rider wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:
The Fourth of July is coming! That means fireworks. Normally, I don't like loud noises, but fireworks is an exception. I actually enjoy the loud booming explosions they make. Anyone else like fireworks?

I love the fireworks... The louder and closer the better!! !! !! Low-frequency ka-booms don't bother me the way sudden higher pitched noises (shrieking infant, etc) drive me insane.

Charles

You read my mind! The booms are awesome and I don't like shrieking infants either.

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 5:50 pm

ellomo wrote:
luvmyaspie wrote:
............. I quite like the sound & feeling of the explosions...if you know what I mean by feeling. :?:

Know exactly what you mean....

There is something exhilarating and addictive about the smoke, the blast pressures and the fire raining from the sky that interests me. It's why I became a pyro-technician.
I wouldn't class it as a 'special interest' but It is an interest and a hell of alot of fun. :bounce:

You're a Pyro-Technician, WOW!! I think that's awesome!

My 14 yo son, with a curious interest in anything which explodes/implodes wants to be a Demolition Blaster. I hope he succeeds as he would be one of the happiest people going off to work every day. :bounce:

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 6:34 pm

I love seeing Fireworks, but don't really like the noise they make! :lol:

SpongeBobRocksMao!

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 1:02 am

KyleTheGhost wrote:
The Fourth of July is coming! That means fireworks. Normally, I don't like loud noises, but fireworks is an exception. I actually enjoy the loud booming explosions they make. Anyone else like fireworks?

I like fireworks and often try to sit as close as possible, but I do remember when I was younger covering my ears.

ellomo
Raven
Raven

04 Jul 2010, 11:01 pm

luvmyaspie wrote:
ellomo wrote:
luvmyaspie wrote:
............. I quite like the sound & feeling of the explosions...if you know what I mean by feeling. :?:

Know exactly what you mean....

There is something exhilarating and addictive about the smoke, the blast pressures and the fire raining from the sky that interests me. It's why I became a pyro-technician.
I wouldn't class it as a 'special interest' but It is an interest and a hell of alot of fun. :bounce:

You're a Pyro-Technician, WOW!! I think that's awesome!

My 14 yo son, with a curious interest in anything which explodes/implodes wants to be a Demolition Blaster. I hope he succeeds as he would be one of the happiest people going off to work every day. :bounce:

I notice you are in Australia.
Demolition blasting isn't very easy to get into here unfortunately (it's probably the same in most places) but it's not impossible.
State laws differ in Australia but the basics are the same. You need to get a job with a company that does it and get training from them. Workcover or the relevant gov. department in your state will then give acreditation based on that.

I think most states run an explosives course at TAFE which would be the best place to start if he is serious about it as Demolition Blasting is normally an extra accreditation added to this license anyway. It would also help with trying to find work with a company in that field.

Peace ellomo

Ps...If he is interested in fireworks a company by the name of Foti Fireworks does most of the bigger shows like Sydney Harbor etc. in Australia these days. They may be worth contacting.
One thing I've learnt in this industry is it's generally the people who persist with ringing around and sending letters to companies asking for a job even if the answer is always no, that get the few jobs that become available.
It them that get thought of first to contact.

Last edited by ellomo on 04 Jul 2010, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Audiophile
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jul 2010, 11:08 pm

I like the small ones, but it seems people around my town get this big flipping bombs that make me jump out of my skin every time.

THATS annoying.

Otherwise I don't mind.

ellomo
Raven
Raven

04 Jul 2010, 11:13 pm

Audiophile wrote:
I like the small ones, but it seems people around my town get this big flipping bombs that make me jump out of my skin every time.

THATS annoying.

Otherwise I don't mind.

Sorry about that, I'm one of those people :oops: :roll:

The bigger the bang the better imo :lol:
You know your alive when you hand fire a 24" mortar :P

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 8:32 pm

Thank you for the tips and advice ellomo. :)

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 9:31 pm

The sound and crowds really make me uncomfortable. I think it's part of PTSD maybe. Dunno. My dog and I spent the fireworks display for the 4th of July in our bedroom just waiting for it to be over.

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 8:09 pm

Me! I went to see them this year, it was awesome!

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.