Who hates it when people text in the movie theater???

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 11:32 pm

I've never noticed anyone 'texting' in a movie theater.

I do notice when cell phones ring when I am at the movies.

I feel like grabbing the darn phone and crushing it under the heel of my boot; perhaps one day someone will do that, so I can start a thread to see how many members on WP have seen that happen :wink: :arrow:

I once had to tell a man to stop 'singing' during a live performance of Les Miserables (Lays Mizerablays for American members :wink: ).

He was clearly in love with the play and was getting carried away with 'the moment'; after a second prompting from me I was much relieved when he ended his contribution to the performance :roll:

I think he might have been a census taker; he certainly tried to test me.........but I had already enjoyed a very fine meal :wink: :arrow:

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 11:41 pm

Kat15 wrote:
AHHH, this girl in front of me, who was like in college or something was texting CONSTANTLY throughout the movie and it lit up really bright they were sitting in front of us, we were in the very back. Especially when those advertisments play before the movie comes on that say's not to use your phone during the movie, but they still do it anyway, I wanted to through popcorn at her but my mom was with me >:(

But then again I probaly deserved it for going to go see eclipse....with a ton of teenagers in it.

whatever

You say that like you aren't one or something :lol:

& personally though, i've never really had a problem with people texting in theaters.
the cell phone screen lighting up isn't particularly distracting unless your looking for it, or are just particularly sensitive to the most minute shifts in back ground lighting when staring at a movie screen. now on the other hand, if they were holding it up above their heads so that it could shine in your face, then it might be bothersome :P .

& the advertisements really only say to turn off your cell so it doesn't ring, and so that people aren't talking during the movie. More of noise distraction issue than anything.

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 11:49 pm

Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
AHHH, this girl in front of me, who was like in college or something was texting CONSTANTLY throughout the movie and it lit up really bright they were sitting in front of us, we were in the very back. Especially when those advertisments play before the movie comes on that say's not to use your phone during the movie, but they still do it anyway, I wanted to through popcorn at her but my mom was with me >:(

But then again I probaly deserved it for going to go see eclipse....with a ton of teenagers in it.

whatever

& personally though, i've never really had a problem with people texting in theaters.
the cell phone screen lighting up isn't particularly distracting unless your looking for it, or are just particularly sensitive to the most minute shifts in back ground lighting when staring at a movie screen. now on the other hand, if they were holding it up above their heads so that it could shine in your face, then it might be bothersome :P .

& the advertisements really only say to turn off your cell so it doesn't ring, and so that people aren't talking during the movie. More of noise distraction issue than anything.

Like im not what?

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 11:52 pm

Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:

whatever

Like im not what?
a teenager, lol.

which is why i bolded that part of the quote.

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 11:56 pm

Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:

whatever

Like im not what?
a teenager, lol.

mhm...so what do you mean?

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 12:06 am

Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:

whatever

Like im not what?
a teenager, lol.

I guess the fact that you're blaming it on the fact that it's a room full of teenagers when you're one too; in fact at the very height/middle of the teenage years at that. 15's at that point a few years after hormones hit and a few years shy of the age when people really start maturing. It's a crazy age

oh the sweet, sweet irony

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 12:07 am

Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:

whatever

Like im not what?
a teenager, lol.

I guess the fact that you're blaming it on the fact that it's a room full of teenagers when you're one too; in fact at the very height/middle of the teenage years at that. 15's at that point a few years after hormones hit and a few years shy of the age when people really start maturing. It's a crazy age

no im not! I bet you secretly like that movie.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 12:16 am

Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:

whatever

Like im not what?
a teenager, lol.

You're not a teenager :o ?

& i never said i didn't like that movie :lol:
I saw it days after it came out. Bella wasn't so gratingly emo this time around. I was pretty pleased

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 12:19 am

Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:

whatever

Like im not what?
a teenager, lol.

I saw it days after it came out. Bella wasn't so gratingly emo this time around. I was pretty pleased

yes I am, and bahahaha. and bella was never emo

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 12:25 am

Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:

whatever

Like im not what?
a teenager, lol.

Okay fineee, Kristin Stewart was emo then :roll:
I don't like her acting sometimes. Or maybe it's just the way she talks or possibly her eyes. I guess i just pictured Bella slightly differently when i was reading the books.

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 12:28 am

Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:

whatever

Like im not what?
a teenager, lol.

I don't like her acting sometimes. Or maybe it's just the way she talks or possibly her eyes. I guess i just pictured Bella slightly differently when i was reading the books.

I think she has aspergers....

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 12:51 am

Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
Kat15 wrote:

whatever

Like im not what?
a teenager, lol.

Seeing this post made me feel quite dizzy :? :arrow:

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 1:19 am

Kat15 wrote:
Ehhh, personally i don't think she does, but i guess it's possible

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 7:05 am

I hate when people text at concerts. Why go if you're not going to watch? Same goes for movies.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 8:13 am

I hate it when people talk and text on mobile phones in the cinema as I'm trying to focus on recording the movie with my video camera, it's so rude.