Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 10:29 pm

Any one else suffering in the DC/Baltimore/Philly/NYC area heat wave? Today I felt sick just from walking outside. It was 100 degrees and the air was disgusting. The high is supposed to *only* be in the middle 90s tomorrow but it probably won't feel any cooler because the humidity will be higher. Why do people live in this godforsaken place? I can't wait to get back to Seattle and the Pacific Northwest.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 10:38 pm

My god it's almost midnight and it's still 86 degrees outside. :shaking:

Bugzee
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jul 2010, 10:40 pm

Heat wave all over NA and Europe. It wasd like 35 degrees celsius here.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 10:42 pm

I live in north Texas, and we're currently in the middle of a seemingly endless rainstorm. It just won't stop raining! 8O

On the bright side, the rain seems to be cooling the weather down a little. I looked at the forecast for my area just now, and the highest it's going to get this week is into the 80s.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 10:50 pm

Are you kidding? It was hot out here in Portland today in the 90's.

Thank goodness I did okay because I work in a AC building and it was cooler in my apartment. Plus I drank water.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 10:54 pm

Descartes wrote:
I live in north Texas, and we're currently in the middle of a seemingly endless rainstorm. It just won't stop raining! 8O

On the bright side, the rain seems to be cooling the weather down a little. I looked at the forecast for my area just now, and the highest it's going to get this week is into the 80s.

I wish it would rain here. It would clean all the gross hazy yellow-brown smog out of the air. I was out this afternoon and it was literally uncomfortable to breathe. It's like a stinky oven.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 10:57 pm

League_Girl wrote:

Thank goodness I did okay because I work in a AC building and it was cooler in my apartment. Plus I drank water.

Yea. I see it's supposed to be 92 tomorrow even in Seattle. Northwest heatwaves are nothing like east coast heat waves though. The humidity doesn't get so atrocious at night and the air is cleaner.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 11:33 pm

I live in the Pacific Southwest and it was cold :( 69 degrees. Yes, I'm a wimp.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 11:43 pm

We're also having a heatwave, in South Western British Columbia, it reached 35 Celsius, where I live. I don't know what that is, in Fahrenheit, but it's pretty darn hot!

NeverEnder
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2010, 4:16 am

NYC. I despise Summer, heat and it accompanying sunlight. :roll: I yearn for Winter. :viking:

And I'll be your ghost.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 12:16 pm

Ugh because of the heatwave, I have to take my walk early in the morning before it gets even hotter. By 11, it's already too warm out and it's my normal walk time.

Coldkick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2010, 12:21 pm

Just remember the ground temperature of Death Valley is above 200 F

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 1:16 pm

marshall wrote:
Any one else suffering in the DC/Baltimore/Philly/NYC area heat wave? Today I felt sick just from walking outside. It was 100 degrees and the air was disgusting. The high is supposed to *only* be in the middle 90s tomorrow but it probably won't feel any cooler because the humidity will be higher. Why do people live in this godforsaken place? I can't wait to get back to Seattle and the Pacific Northwest.

lol
I live in Fairfax. I feel the same way as you. I want to move to Seattle badly. Actually 3 years ago my parents and I were supposed to move to Seattle, but then dad started liking his job more and more and so we are here to stay. I love Seattle because they hardly ever see temps over 80. My kind of summer. I remember a few weeks ago in DC area, we had temps in the 70s with low humidity and in the early morning or late evening I had to wear a light jacket! That's how summer is like in Seattle. Honestly why do people live in this area then if this area gets so hot and gross? Seattle may have its bad weather:gloomy, rainy winter, but I take that over heat! Oh and plus Seattle doesn't have metro train system like we do here.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 1:17 pm

Descartes wrote:

Yea I heard that the midwest part of the country has been hammered with rain and there are flooding in some parts of the US. WE need rain badly! I don't think this area has seen rain in a month!

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 1:21 pm

marshall wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Yea. I see it's supposed to be 92 tomorrow even in Seattle. Northwest heatwaves are nothing like east coast heat waves though. The humidity doesn't get so atrocious at night and the air is cleaner.

I did go to komo4 website and sure enough Seattle will see temps in the low 90s! 8O THAT is shocking. Usually Seattle summer is mainly in the 70s. I think Spokane is more used to higher temps than Seattle is. But still I think Seattle or Portland Or are the best places to live in the US to escape the brutal heat. I was in Las Vegas in 2004 and it was in the 100s! This was in March though, but I didn't complain. The humidity was so low and it was comfortable to walk around the strip. I didn't even need water!

Leiservampir
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 1:24 pm

This week's not been to bad here, but last week it was AWEFUL.
In Sweden the heat was up to 37celcius. IN THE MORNING.
I swear, I was dying. and the stupid thing is, it gets so hot here in the summer, but in the winter it gets to -12celcius!

EDIT: 37c ~ 100f
Make your mind up Sweden :(