Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2010, 11:46 am

Anyone here believe in palm reading?

anyone had a reading done? what did you think of it?

I had one done years ago and she said I was only going to have 3 serious relationships. Since the third relationship ended, Ive been ruminateing on the reading and wondering about its significance.

whats your views?

Moog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Aug 2010, 3:07 pm

What does serious mean? Maybe it means you can start having fun ones now.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2010, 4:00 pm

Moog wrote:
What does serious mean? Maybe it means you can start having fun ones now.

She didnt say serious, but I cant remember what her wording was exactly. She said I would have 2 relationships when i was young close together, then none for a long time and another relationship, but no more.

Yes someone else said to me they thought it meant I would just have lots of one night stands lol.

Im ok with being alone, Im just interested in the reading as its curious.

Like the tarot, you did, its all about what meaning one gives to it or the way one interprets it. Personally I think all these things point me toward furthering my buddhist practice and rejecting 'civic life' and all that goes with it.

Moog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Aug 2010, 4:52 pm

I like Tarot and things like that, they are fun and can make you think.

I like to keep an open mind about such things. A prophecy like that can get into your head and then you find ways to make it true.

Would you like it to be true? Maybe it's a relief, heh. 3 'serious' relationships is more than I've managed. There's definitely no harm in being alone for a while. If a spiritual life is what you want to do then you should. I often used to think that I should perhaps become a monk because I can't make 'civilian' life work. But I think that's the wrong reason to do such a thing.

I guess you have to wait to the end of your life now to know if she was right or not.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2010, 4:57 pm

yes, thats the 'crazy making' thing about it, Im not going to know if it was right untill the end of my life. So I wonder and ruminate on its significance.

I need to try and just let life happen and not try and control it. I need to let go and just be.

And your right being crap at life is not the right reasons to join a convent/monestry.

I think I do want it to be true, I think I find the idea of another relationship quite frightening, I dont like getting close to people or change.

I also hold out hopes of resurecting my last relationship and have failure to let go, its probably nice to grasp at 'messages' from the ether saying its the right thing to do.

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2010, 10:21 pm

I read palms -- something I was interested in as a younger person, so I learned how. (I also read Tarot.) According to my palm, by now I should be in deep, loving relationships with two people. I'm not -- just my husband. It's very easy to look at a palm or the cards and say some very vague things that you can easily twist to fit your life, and unfortunately a lot of so-called psychics and palmists take advantage of that. "Serious relationship" is a very loose term -- for example, what about your relationship with yourself? Is that a frivolous one? I doubt it!

In other words, don't resign yourself to life without another "serious" relationship.