This woman is a tard to end all tards.

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 5:30 pm

Seriously, is she dim or what? I was just browsing the internet and came across some interveiw with a woman who has two 6 year old CHIMPS in her home, they live in a giant "play room" next to the house, and they also watch TV with the woman and sit in the bed with her every evening. She thinks this is somehow a good idea and says that the chances of her getting attacked is "next to none" (this was filmed 1 month after the travis attack too), and she says she won't send them to a sanctuary because her home is their "sanctuary" which it isn't. If they do go to a real sanctuary they will be socially maladjusted because they would have grown up with humans, seriously chimps that have lived in humans' homes end up having sh***y lives.
Here is the video:
lolwut

I had to show you, because I was WTF-ing through the whole thing.

Kelpie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 5:35 pm

It's sad to see people try to humanize a non-human animal. This woman is being selfish.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 5:56 pm

This irks me in the same way dogs wearing clothes does, in a different degree of course. As kelpie said "humanizing a non-human animal" is a selfish act by the human. These chimps don't gain anything from living a human lifestyle, the current way of life isn't healthy for us what makes these people think it's healthy for other animals?
Where in the bloody hell do these people get off talking for those animals as if they have any clue whatsoever what they want or even need to lead a healthy life?

Throw these people in the wild and see how they like being forced to live outside their habitat. Flippin' ejits!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Aug 2010, 6:10 pm

Dogs attack people sometimes to but lots of people have dogs as pets & most dog owners don't get bit. I do think this women needs to find a man instead of having chimps as her companions thou :o

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 6:22 pm

nick007 wrote:
Dogs attack people sometimes to but lots of people have dogs as pets & most dog owners don't get bit. I do think this women needs to find a man instead of having chimps as her companions thou :o

Please don't compare this to domestic dogs or cats (keyword: domestic), dogs and cats have been bred to be pets for thousands of years. Selected for aesthetics and personality and treated as little more than commodities, the treatment of our longtime pets is an indicator to me that caring for other animals is not something humans are good at.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 6:25 pm

Lecks wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Please don't compare this to domestic dogs or cats (keyword: domestic), dogs and cats have been bred to be pets for thousands of years. Selected for aesthetics and personality and treated as little more than commodities, the treatment of our longtime pets is an indicator to me that caring for other animals is not something humans are good at.

This is exactly what I was going to say. You can't compare a domestic dog to a wild animal like a chimp. You also you can't just "tame" or "domesticate" an animal as intelligent and as complicated as a chimp. The whole idea as keeping them as a "pet" and "owning" them is just insulting to their intelligence.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 7:53 pm

Yeah, what everybody said. That is a wild animal, and d*mn lot stronger than a human...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charla_Nash#2009_attack

Quote:
Travis (1995[2] – February 16, 2009) was a male chimpanzee who appeared in American television shows and commercials. In February 2009, Travis suddenly and viciously attacked Charla Nash,[3] a friend of his owner. During the attack, Travis grievously mauled Nash, blinding her while severing her nose, ears, both hands and severely lacerating her face. He was subsequently shot on the arrival of the police after trying to attack an officer.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 5:40 am

MONKEY wrote:
Lecks wrote:
nick007 wrote:

This is exactly what I was going to say. You can't compare a domestic dog to a wild animal like a chimp. You also you can't just "tame" or "domesticate" an animal as intelligent and as complicated as a chimp. The whole idea as keeping them as a "pet" and "owning" them is just insulting to their intelligence.

Dogs wer 1ce wild to & they are domesticated nowadays. Some humans are much more wild than that chimp seemed

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 6:21 am

That woman seems pretty screwed up, to me.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 6:35 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
That woman seems pretty screwed up, to me.

Some women have babies in strollers & some have poodles in purses so why is it taboo for her to watch TV with a chimp :?:

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 6:41 am

An abusive perversion

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 6:43 am

Laz wrote:
An abusive perversion

Least she doesn't have 15 cats

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 6:45 am

She's at least doing something right by having a pair of them. Sure that means two chimps in captivity, but psychological problems (anxiety, aggression) in primates are more likely if they're kept alone.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 7:01 am

Sometimes people sell chimps and other primates as pets on a website here in Idaho. It's called zidaho.com and it's basically like a local eBay. I would never buy one because I know it's dangerous to keep wild animals as pets. Besides, it would be an awful lot of work keeping a chimp from getting into things he shouldn't, like my meds for example.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 9:12 am

blue_bean wrote:
She's at least doing something right by having a pair of them. Sure that means two chimps in captivity, but psychological problems (anxiety, aggression) in primates are more likely if they're kept alone.

Yeah, you're right there, 2 is better than 1 on its own. Although, if they do ever get to live a large group (like they usually do), both of them will be clueless about how to act around other chimps and wouldn't know about the hierarchy and and all the other stuff that goes on.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 10:04 am

MONKEY wrote:
Yeah, you're right there, 2 is better than 1 on its own. Although, if they do ever get to live a large group (like they usually do), both of them will be clueless about how to act around other chimps and wouldn't know about the hierarchy and and all the other stuff that goes on.

That is assuming these chimps survive long enough to be placed in a group, chances are they won't as that woman made it very clear she won't let them go.