Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 1:09 pm

Seriously, is there? I think I pulled a muscle in my lower back while doing dead lifts. It hurts like a mofo. I have a heating pad on it now and it isn't doing much. I feel like an old lady that can't bend over anymore. What's worse is that I'm moving back into the dorm on Sunday. What if I'm not better by then? Help! >.<

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 1:28 pm

When your morbidly obesse that part of your back is the most susceptible to pain and damage from too much weight baring on the spine and muscles. So it is to be expected. Other then that it could also be a trapped nerve.

If you'd slipped a disc in the spine itself you'd be in so much pain you wouldn't be able to sit down and type on a keyboard you'd probably be in immense pain.

*Disclaimer

I'm what you would call in the USA an intellectual disability nurse so i know sweet FA about muscles n stuff. But if your a spazz i'm your man

Kelpie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 1:30 pm

You might need to see a chiropractor for this. Though I'm super skinny and have lower back problems all day.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 1:32 pm

I'm a mad scientist

on a daily basis I go around blinding people- WITH SCIENCE!! !

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 1:34 pm

Laz wrote:
When your morbidly obesse that part of your back is the most susceptible to pain and damage from too much weight baring on the spine and muscles. So it is to be expected. Other then that it could also be a trapped nerve.

If you'd slipped a disc in the spine itself you'd be in so much pain you wouldn't be able to sit down and type on a keyboard you'd probably be in immense pain.

*Disclaimer

I'm what you would call in the USA an intellectual disability nurse so i know sweet FA about muscles n stuff. But if your a spazz i'm your man

Well it does hurt to sit but I don't think it's a slipped disc. I mean, the heating pad is starting to help a little. When I get up to walk, it really hurts. I can't take big steps. >.<

@Kelpie - A chiropractor? Oh lord...I don't have the money for that. Why does everything expensive have to happen after I ordered $400 dollars in textbooks? D:

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 1:36 pm

Kilroy wrote:
I'm a mad scientist

on a daily basis I go around blinding people- WITH SCIENCE!! !

While I appreciate the reference, I don't think that'll help me. D:

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 1:41 pm

Quote:
You might need to see a chiropractor

Pseudo science

Quote:
When I get up to walk, it really hurts. I can't take big steps

So when you go from a sitting down position to a standing position it hurts. Or it hurts when you raise your leg up to a certain point.

Is their any pain prior to you getting to that point. Or is it a sudden stabbing pain that occurs when you move to a certain point in the motion of moving?

Just sounds like a trapped nerve so far, nothing much you can do about that.

*Disclaimer if you happen to die though i did warn you im no expert on these things

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 1:42 pm

Quote:
on a daily basis I go around blinding people- WITH SCIENCE

You fap in their face? Or is that what the biologist does

Kelpie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 1:42 pm

I was recommended a chiropractor in my place that would take $10-$15 every visit if you had no insurance and couldn't pay much. I would see if there are any chiropractors that would do this in your area. Also with this, I receive lots of coupons in the mail, and some of them here lately have been free first time visits including x-rays and everything!

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 1:44 pm

Laz wrote:
Quote:
You might need to see a chiropractor

Pseudo science

Quote:
When I get up to walk, it really hurts. I can't take big steps

So when you go from a sitting down position to a standing position it hurts. Or it hurts when you raise your leg up to a certain point.

Is their any pain prior to you getting to that point. Or is it a sudden stabbing pain that occurs when you move to a certain point in the motion of moving?

Just sounds like a trapped nerve so far, nothing much you can do about that.

*Disclaimer if you happen to die though i did warn you im no expert on these things

It's a stabbing pain when I move. If it's a trapped nerve, do you know how long it'll take to get better. I need to be able to walk to my classes. D:

Thanks for the disclaimer it totally makes me feel better. D:

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 1:46 pm

Kelpie wrote:
I was recommended a chiropractor in my place that would take $10-$15 every visit if you had no insurance and couldn't pay much. I would see if there are any chiropractors that would do this in your area. Also with this, I receive lots of coupons in the mail, and some of them here lately have been free first time visits including x-rays and everything!

I'm scared of chiropractors and doctors. I know it's silly but I don't trust them. I feel like they'd want to make sure I don't get better so I'll keep coming back and keep giving them my money. >.<

Kelpie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 1:48 pm

Oh! You could also get someone to walk on your back and rub your back. Take vitamins and minerals, including all your B vitamins. I take these Vitamin B50s every once in awhile, because they help with cell repair. (Will seem painful for the first times you take these, because aspies are sensitive and usually have a lot of cells to repair too! :P)

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 1:48 pm

I don't want your mourning relatives sueing me. You guys are a bit trigger happy with the legal stuff.

It can take up to 3 days give or take. What a doc would do is give you a moderatly strong pain killer. Something like Cocodamal would probably get you by. Saying that even if it was muscular skeletal in nature it would still be pain killers they'd give out.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 1:54 pm

Kelpie wrote:
Oh! You could also get someone to walk on your back and rub your back. Take vitamins and minerals, including all your B vitamins. I take these Vitamin B50s every once in awhile, because they help with cell repair. (Will seem painful for the first times you take these, because aspies are sensitive and usually have a lot of cells to repair too! :P)

It won't be my mom or grandma, they're heavier than me. I'm afraid of what my brother will do. D:

I tried asking my mom to pick up some vitamins and she looked at me like I'm crazy. "Stop being a big baby." Geeze, what a loving mother I have. D:

Laz - They're not the suing type. Besides, it's kinda hard to sue someone without knowing their real name. XD I think all we have is Ibuprofen and Tylenol.

Kelpie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 2:23 pm

>_> It's not being a big baby at all! You should be taking them anyways! CELL REPAIR, CELL REPAIR! ARGH! I don't get why logic never works for people! lol

Sorry, I'm a health nut, and I am overreacting!

Those will have to work, but ugh! They destroy your liver.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 2:25 pm

I'm not a real doctor. I'm that type of doctor, that The Who once recorded a song about. I can't really help you.