Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2020, 9:27 am

Something I need to say to you and to myself. "Do not worry". All will be ok. Things may change, but such is life. But worrying about it will not change anything. It makes things worse! (Trust me. Been rhere and done that and am fighting off worry daily...).

So see to it that you can find positives and not negatives. Have a "Ok. This didn't work... But what about that?" sort of attitude if you can.

When I worked on the railways we had a few staff who had moved from the Cockney area of London, and one thing that REALLY impressed me was their ability to laugh off stressful situations. They would laugh as they found humour in the bad bits, and this gave them the ability to thrive. And if you saw London in WW2 how they were soo hard hit, and they were able to get through, you will realize how well their upbeat attitudes worked and work!

When I designed couplings for my model railway, it took me two and a half years of mental planning along with trials of designs before I found a reliable design ai was happy with that was cheap to make and effective. I had to go through dissapointments with my Mk 1 coupling before I developed my Mk 2. I also looked at many coupling designs, and the only reason why I designed my own, was that commercially available couplings were just too expensive when I happened to be in a position where I had no income.
But I had not seen risen up to the challenge and turned the dissapointment of the Mk 1 coupling design around... I would not have had the success of rhw Mk 2 design. I said to myself "Ok. That did not work. I know now it does not work. Lets go back to the drawing board and try something else."

I believe the key to not worrying is to start to see life as a challenge. An adventure! We are not all dealt with the same cards in life, but what we can do is play the cards we have effectively and make the most of what we have.

I hope this helps someone today. And another key I have found is my faith which is the anchor to my soul.

I am not saying I don't worry. Oh I do. It is why I write this, because I am talking to myself as well as sharing this with you! But the times in my life when I have let go of worry, I have had such a joy and a peace.... When I have said "I don't care what is on the news. Turn the TV off". When I have said "I'm not sitting here. I'm going for a walk". (If I can go for a walk in the countryside or a drive or a cycle to get me out from thinking about negatives and let my mind relax it really makes a difference).

So if you can, do not worry.