Post something that made you happy today.

Page 490 of 1915 [ 30636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492, 493 ... 1915  Next

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 5:27 am

Lace-Bane wrote:
I got a fairly good compliment on my guitar playing after I finished practicing for about an hour... I didn't know I was being listened to through the walls of my room though :|

Apparently my neighbours hear me sing, i try not to think about it too much because then i get too nervous to sing like i want to o_o But was someone actually putting their ear to the wall to hear you?

Oh yeah what made me happy was that high school students didn't bother me during my walk and that i didn't get impaled or hit on the head by a branch because the storm outside is pretty scary right now xD

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 6:53 am

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
VMSmith wrote:
i went to my education lecture today and saw my classmate. he was really excited about telling me that he was walking through a bunch of campainers for the red shirt and yellow shirt people and he saw one of the red shirt people talking to a friend of his and he told me that when he knows things other people dont he's an arse about it so he says he went up to them and was like "rumour has it that the red shirts only care about microwaves and the yellow shirts only care about cheap alcohol". the response of the red shirt was to say that they had made progress in getting microwaves and my classmate was just like "I DONT CARE". then he turns to the red shirt and is asks them why they dont care about homophobia and important issues and the red shirt articulates the sentiment that refugees and same sex marriage arent student issues and my classmate retaliates by arguing that anyone in any position of power should use that power to do something good. he took pleasure in informing me that his friend didnt vote for them. god he's so f#cking hot. it was priceless. i cracked up.

also he showed me a text his boyfriend sent him and we both pissed ourselves laughing. it feels good to laugh about things with people(or just him). it read: i saw a guy riding his skateboard on his stomach like an idiot. reminded me of your uni.

It sounds like you have some cool friends. I liked the text as well. It reminds me of my uni as well :lol: .

:lol: uni students. i dont know if he thinks of me as a friend. i think of myself as his though. i have respect for him which is something i dont give many people. he's a good person.

today student elections finished. i bumped into a student who knows me because im an activist and he is a left wing labour voter and he instantly wanted to vote for us. the yellow shirt group came up to us and tried to get him to vote but all i had to say was "they are labour right and the liberals" and the guy i know was like "the liberals will never have my vote!". i havent seen any of them disappear so fast. beautiful. a labour student on the other side who i know from queer collective said he will be coming to our jack mundey meeting. a liberal student also came to bother us and we treated him like the scum he was and it was funny. and made ultra left jokes.(we shouldnt call ourselves left focus or left faction- it should be red army faction!! and we should try sell our paper by screaming OVERTHROW CAPITALISM! DONT YOU SUPPORT A WORKERS REVOLUTION?! ! at people with veins popping out and stuff). it felt good. and my education teacher wanted to vote for us but couldnt because she isnt a student. i was feeling pretty down for the entire day but having a de-brief at the end of the day at a pub with my comrades made me feel better. we joked about things, they got me to try their cider, i had free salad which was good because i realised that i havent had fresh vegies in a month or more and i shared my wedges with them. i like sharing food with people. and thats the election period over.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 10:23 am

Still having access to the Internet while being away from home again.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 10:44 am

Moonhawk wrote:
Lace-Bane wrote:
I got a fairly good compliment on my guitar playing after I finished practicing for about an hour... I didn't know I was being listened to through the walls of my room though :|

Apparently my neighbours hear me sing, i try not to think about it too much because then i get too nervous to sing like i want to o_o But was someone actually putting their ear to the wall to hear you?

I don't think they put their ear to the wall, but I currently rent a room in a house. My room shares a wall with the garage and I guess it's not all that soundproof, and I was heard while one of the people here was working on something in the garage (My door was closed like it always is).

It's usually good to practice with the amp almost fully maxed out in volume when playing distorted on an amp, as at lower volumes, the tone isn't accurate... so I was playing with the amp's volume almost fully cranked... though it is only a 2watt practice head, I had noticed it still gets loud (Like, just short of hurting one's ears loud)... so I suspect it's able to be heard clearly enough through my walls even if it isn't likely to be heard through a drummer.

The compliment seemed sincere so it felt nice... however, like you, I think I will have to try and forget people exist when I practice as I don't do well practicing with the thought of being listened to... practice doesn't always sound so good, and the paranoia that I'm being listened to just makes me anxious, and anxiety sucks as it makes my muscles rigid... which is no good when one needs relaxed muscles and joints for dextrous movements to practice playing fast and fluid :|

keira
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 6:07 pm

I did the right thing.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 9:51 pm

I got a drunken PM from a pommy bastard :lol:

japan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Oct 2012, 10:14 pm

I got 92.5% on an economics test in school.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

05 Oct 2012, 10:15 pm

I didn't fail my Algebra test.

We got our new kitten! :D

SpiderJeruz
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Oct 2012, 10:33 pm

I got told my music was good. My dog when I got home from paying bills. He jumps up and down and is always so happy to see me! :lol:

phyrehawke
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Oct 2012, 10:45 pm

I was sent a box of pictures from my childhood (and my sister's) and when I went to add photos and some old stuff to forward with them to my sister, I found my old wooden yoyo. :) I thought it was long gone.

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 12:58 am

getting to fill out my course evaluation survey. i flamed my tutor for history. i didnt just have the issue where i didnt get to speak- she was also patronising, didnt hand in the early assignment till after the essay which made it useless because the purpose of that assignment was so that we could get feedback on how we were doing before the census date and so we could write better essays after having our flaws identified, she let the men interrupt women speaking and there was no purpose to her being in the classroom. it was us who taught the class. the actual course and lecturer i was nice about. i will do criminology later. i hated that course. i need to say mean things to my lecturer- he's a dickhead. i wish my education class had a survey. i really want to tell them how awesome the subject was and how great my lecturer/tutor was because they were great. but it felt good to get that off my shoulders.

also hearing this after 4 days of it being on the news:

"Alan Jones must apologise on air after losing appeal over Cronulla riots case"

Quote:
ALAN Jones must apologise on air for a racist rant where he called Sydney's Lebanese Muslims "vermin" who "infest our shores" and "rape" and "pillage" our nation, having failed in an appeal.

thats from the daily telegraph
and these are some other things he said at the time from wikipedia:
Quote:
What kind of grubs? Well I'll tell you what kind of grubs this lot were. This lot were Middle Eastern grubs.

Quote:
We don't have Anglo-Saxon kids out there raping women in Western Sydney.

Quote:
Lebanese thugs

i've wanted that man to get it for a long time and this is one of the reasons why. this is so sweet. i wonder how i can get hold of the audio. it's a shame damages were only 10,000. i reckon he should have paid damages to the community and to those who were beaten up on the day because they looked middle eastern.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 9:02 am

I was about to leave when someone on another site came. I was glad I hadn't left, because otherwise I'd have caused them to miss me.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 11:01 am

i was happy about the fact that nothing gave me the s**ts today.
in fact, i am elated that i am not enraged.

however i am tiring of being elated because it is keeping me awake so i will now go to sleep.

BlackDwarf
Toucan
Toucan

07 Oct 2012, 12:03 pm

Not in work til thursday now.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 6:51 pm

Not giving a %^&T what Allan Jones has to say why would you? His just a smelly noise hole poo poo head.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 7:30 pm

I went and had dinner at my aunt and uncle's house without having a panic attack.