Post something that made you happy today.

Page 1384 of 2060 [ 32953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1381, 1382, 1383, 1384, 1385, 1386, 1387 ... 2060  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 5:33 pm

Buying another birthday present for my sister. Her birthday is one week from tomorrow.

She will be turning 32.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 6:45 pm

Elder son trying to call me out of a shutdown onset by coming up n cuddling n trying to indicate to me to come out of the room
Did it repeatedly till I did n was happy n perfect

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 7:12 pm

Glad to see you, Blooie.

I missed you.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 8:30 am

blooiejagwa wrote:
Elder son trying to call me out of a shutdown onset by coming up n cuddling n trying to indicate to me to come out of the room
Did it repeatedly till I did n was happy n perfect

That is so sweet. You must be an excellent parent. So sweet. ((hugs))

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 9:34 am

Seeing my feral kitties this morning

Rafael Nadal winning Rome tournament and preparing for the French Open

Get together at a friend's house tonight

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 10:20 am

I went to the seaside and not long been back. Nearby are the remains of an old village which was abandoned as it was washed away by the sea. I saw an orange hovercraft in the bay with three people on it. I don't think I have seen one before like that and certainly not in these parts. The area we go is very quiet and down country lanes. There is a railway next to it and during the time we were there (Mum and I) we saw the following: Two class 175's, a class 143 and a class 142. It was lovely to see the 142 and the 143. I loved working them, though for me the 143 was my favourite. So nice to work. So exciting in use. Brilliant trains.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 10:39 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
I went to the seaside and not long been back. Nearby are the remains of an old village which was abandoned as it was washed away by the sea. I saw an orange hovercraft in the bay with three people on it. I don't think I have seen one before like that and certainly not in these parts. The area we go is very quiet and down country lanes. There is a railway next to it and during the time we were there (Mum and I) we saw the following: Two class 175's, a class 143 and a class 142. It was lovely to see the 142 and the 143. I loved working them, though for me the 143 was my favourite. So nice to work. So exciting in use. Brilliant trains.

Brilliant MG! I am reminiscing about Wales and enjoying your happy moments! No better backdrop for trains than the Welsh countryside. Your mum sounds like great company.

Lovely, cool day for me (temperature wise). Enjoyed watering my garden.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 10:51 am

Teach51 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Brilliant MG! I am reminiscing about Wales and enjoying your happy moments! No better backdrop for trains than the Welsh countryside. Your mum sounds like great company.

Lovely, cool day for me (temperature wise). Enjoyed watering my garden.

I can see if I can find a youtube link to the area. There is a hill behind the beach area and there is an old church on it. About a week or two ago it was open with no one there so we went in and it was one of the most beautiful moments I can remember ever. I mean... The lovely peace and quiet. For me, it is like what I expect to find in a church. I know a church service is different, and I respect that, but to just go in and walk around or sit down. It is such a blessing, and I would love to see more churches open like that one.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 11:05 am

Some links.
https://youtu.be/MDbOVfpGbdI

The flood he described in 1607 in the link above was actually a tsunami.

https://youtu.be/odYRK_G_Uew

Ferryside is just around the corner. Where he viewed the train at St Ishmaels was where I was today. We had a picnic on the sand dunes where he filmed from, and then I went down to dip my feet in little rock pools as the tide was out. It was lovely and sunny with "Simpsons" type clouds in the light blue skies.
The building near the railway (There is a bungalow opposite and the church is just up from there) used to house a WW2 gun which had a massive range. It could shoot a ship that was right on the seas horizon. The position is said to be the only place between Britain and the USA where one can have a straight line without any islands or Ireland being in the way. From St Ishmaels we can see Laugharne Castle and Llanstephan Castle. :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 6:04 pm

Not having an anxiety meltdown.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 9:09 pm

Doctor left a phone message

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 1:54 pm

My kitty Sheldon is being so cute.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 3:17 pm

Completing more homework for class.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 5:48 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
My kitty Sheldon is being so cute.

Sheldon is such a good name for a cat

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 6:56 pm

Visiting my school's gym.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 3:44 am

Just seen a few newly hatched ducklings fresh out of their little eggs. Mum duck looks happy. :)