Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

bigdave
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2010, 8:55 am

all of those things are so true. I am 6' 1" and I move slow and awkwardly. I seem to always hit my head on something. Im clumsy and being tall makes it worse cause I have to worry about things above me. I hit my head on a cabinet above me a couple days ago. I have long legs though and if I ever had to run from a zombie or something the short person behind me would get it before me. So that's a plus

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 9:45 am

The atmosphere is thinner the higher you go, so you need to breathe more often.

Your blood has to travel further, so it gets more fatigued than in short people.

You are more likely to go bald from scraping your head on roofs and low flying aircraft.

It takes more effort to pick pennies off the ground, and consequently tall people have less good luck.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 9:58 am

you always look down on someone when you have to socially engage yerself, either that or you end up stooping. I personally dont mind the looking down upon everyone, since it tends to feed my ego somehow XD

Youcant just blend into a crowd because of the fact you rise above everyone else. For example if I were to be on a most wanted thing, or a celebrity... It would be very difficult to avoid the authorities/paparazzi

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 12:11 pm

Oh yeah I hear chicks dig short guys. NOT!

Being tall is nice.

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 1:46 pm

I like be tall but I do have to watch out when I go into someones house and they have the lambs that hang from the ceiling from a chain or a low ceiling fan.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 5:27 pm

Dont you hate it when the shirt sleeves are too short and you look all dorky? Or the high water pants? I'm happy that they make longer pants and shirts than they used to. I spent two years in middle school with no jeans, just culottes and skirts. I looked like such a dork and that was the 80's- think about it!

I live in an area full of shorter people- the Lumbies. They are typically shorter than average and they make up most of the population here, so of course the stores carry sizes more for them. I have been finding it tough to find clothes here.

Oh, and I KNOW I didn't read someone complaining about being tall AND skinny!! !! !!

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 10:29 pm

pumibel wrote:
Dont you hate it when the shirt sleeves are too short and you look all dorky? Or the high water pants? I'm happy that they make longer pants and shirts than they used to. I spent two years in middle school with no jeans, just culottes and skirts. I looked like such a dork and that was the 80's- think about it!

I live in an area full of shorter people- the Lumbies. They are typically shorter than average and they make up most of the population here, so of course the stores carry sizes more for them. I have been finding it tough to find clothes here.

Oh, and I KNOW I didn't read someone complaining about being tall AND skinny!! !! !!

trust me, I know about the sleeves being too short as well as the annoyance at finding clothes for tall, thin men :/

The brand I like the most that actually has stuff that fits me right is quiksilver. For other brands I end up having to wear XL/XXL because of how long my torso is, BUT those shirts are WAAAAY to baggy on me. Same for pants/shorts, I have to get them special tailored half the time, and I dont care for online shopping either. so damn hard to find a 33 waist size :/ and no, 33 isnt fat, for my height, its slim/skinny as hell for a guy.

space455
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Sep 2010, 1:05 am

I'm 6'4" and 90% of my all jobs i have involved working on tables/machines that are made for someone about one foot shorter than me. Being tall can suck
not to mention you cant fit into a seat on the bus

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 5:07 pm

Moog wrote:
The atmosphere is thinner the higher you go, so you need to breathe more often.

Your blood has to travel further, so it gets more fatigued than in short people.

You are more likely to go bald from scraping your head on roofs and low flying aircraft.

It takes more effort to pick pennies off the ground, and consequently tall people have less good luck.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

IndispensablePG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Sep 2010, 5:35 pm

I'm the tallest in my family. Big win.

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 9:35 pm

I'm the short one in my family at 5'11". My brother, father, and grandfather are all a couple inches taller than me.

I don't consider someone being tall as a result unless they're like 6'3"/6'4" or higher.

But I have a problem worrying about shirt sleeves being too short, it gets annoying if they stop a few inches above my wrists and can't even cover my watch.

Talis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Sep 2010, 11:05 pm

I'm 6'3"

-I hate going to the bathroom in public places. What the heck is up with toilets being so close to the friggin floor.

-I have to tilt my head to wash my hair in my shower.

-I have to literally tilt my wrists at a 90 degree angle and hold them near my waist to enter my pin number at the grocery store check stand.

-I'm incredibly thin for my height so people think I'm anorexic.

-I'm a tall thin white male so that put me as prime target for multiple spontaneous pneumo thorax issues. Uhm... My lungs collapse frequently because my rib cage must have grew so fast growing up that my lungs didn't develop correctly. I've had three major surgeries sofar... turns out you can die from a lung collapse if you don't fix em. I hopefully shouldn't have any more but that's what they said the second time I had a surgery... the third time the surgeon just shrugged and pretended he forgot who I was. What a friggin jerk face!

-I'm only 23 and I have bad joint pain in all of my limbs and back >_<

-Try sitting in a compact car... My mom drives a BMW Z4... damn if that thing crashed I'd have to have my knee caps surgically removed from my frontal lobe and my teeth removed from my feet.

-Small children tend to look up at me and stare for prolonged amounts of time only to turn to their mothers and say... "He's tall". Um... cute observation kid.

-I can never live in Japan. everything is so short... or so I've heard... like doorways and such.

-Most girls are short so if I ever fall in love most likely I'll have to drop on one knee just to friggin kiss her >_< (Exaggeration but not far off)

-Try learning a martial art when your limbs can't move as fast as you need them too. Stupid clumsy movements. I friggin fight like a damn giraffe lol.

-Can't forget that if I'm out in an open field with a bunch of short people that I'll be the first likely target for a bolt of lightning during a storm.

-My coffin will cost more than a shorter persons... probably.

-Elementary school was hard to fit in to. I remember that in the first grade another group of kids in my class ran from me screaming "AHH FIFTH GRADER!" I was in their friggin class!

-Extreme sports are a big no... just more bones to break.

-One last thing. I think tall people are more likely to get dehydrated since they can't reach the darn public water fountain :)

The only thing I don't have troubles with is finding clothes. Shoes yes (Size 13), but clothes not so much. My torso isn't super long, my legs are what seems to give me alot of my height. I guess I buy extra large t shirts though so I guess those are still a little long, but pants I just get carpenter jeans... they always seem to fit :)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 4:08 pm

I hate being tall. Although I'm only 5 foot 5 and a half, I still appear taller than everyone at my work, (and I wear flat shoes all the time). But to them I'm ''really tall'', and most women I know these days are all short-arses - I really don't know why. Everyone just compliments that I'm tall - but I take offense. Inside I growl. Why is every woman under 5 foot 5? And even if someone was just an inch shorter than me, they still claim that I'm really tall. About 6 times a day at work I get people asking me to reach something on the top shelf, with the same phrase added on the end of their plead: ''you're a lot taller than me.'' Why can't I be smaller? I may be lucky about my weight and size, but why can't I be 5 foot 3 instead, but still be slim? I know others who are slim and are that much shorter than me.

I should have known when I was a kid not to eat too much until I get way past 18, so that I could remain small. I could be small, like everyone else at work, instead of always having my head poking out the top of every crowd of women I'm in. The only person, in this whole world, who's ever said I'm ''very small'', is the 6 foot 4 bloke what fancies me. And I love him for that!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 4:21 pm

Driving a kart car sucks for you.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 5:27 pm

I used to be tall when I was kid, until I was early teens then I slowed down a bit and now I'm taller end of average (5 foot 5.54, I just did an accurate conversion on some website, in centimetres I'm 169). In my tall days I used to love it and got jealous and annoyed if someone was taller than me. If I kept it up I would have been about 5 foot 10 by now, my family were sure I were destined for ridiculous heights (my auntie is 6 ft) and I was looking forward to being taller than my mum, I never got there though and my mum is 5 ft 7. Nowadays I'm very glad I'm only average instead because I don't like being taller than men. I love it when a boy is taller than me; it makes me happy when I'm hanging round a group of tall boys, I do not know why this is but it's a good feeling anyway. But I'm still rather tall for female standards so quite often I come across shorter men, one is not amused!

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 7:52 pm

It just gets annoying because I don't care for the look of amazement/wtf that people get when they see a really tall person. It just makes me more anxious to get the hell away.

also I remember my sister (who is 5'8"), constantly bitching about how all the guys in her school that are in her year were like 5'2". Yeah she is VERY picky when it comes to guys, especially when it comes to their height.