Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

nuckingfuts
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2010, 2:58 pm

Ok so here’s the deal.

I’m 31 and I Lost my job
I live where work suck for more than just economic reasons. And I’m thinking of just walking away from it all and going home.

I’m married with kids, and my wife is fairly freaked out but she and my kids get along really well with my folks, and my parents are very loving to them. (not so much me growing up, but we are over that now).

I own my home and it will not sell. (upside down on it) not to mention it’s a small piece of !@#$!

I’ve been trying to get a minimum wage job just to get us through the winter but people look at me funny when a 31 year old man is looking for a job at the theater and stuff.

I think if I went home I could go back to school and actually learn something. (now that I’m a little more mature)

Or should I just go back to my old job where they were abusing me (literally Bullying me) but when I got laid off, They were like we love you. your such a hard worker. (WTF???)

I want to do what is right. But I’m so stressed and my wife really doesn’t want to take the lead.

I just really don’t know what to do.

The Pro’s and Con’s of both places are just about even.

Home does sound nice, but we did leave for a reason. I would love to live where I’m at but we will not survive.

Should I stay or should I go!! !

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 4:13 pm

Can't really say, but I hope you find what makes you all happy.

I think you need to discuss it with your wife and kids and parents.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 4:35 pm

Throughout history, people have moved to find work, and usually they didn't want to, but it was either that or starve. I'm not saying that's right for you, but you do have to consider reality. You may love where you live, but feeding your kids comes FIRST. If it's any consolation, there are very few places in the USA where it is easy to find work. I'm not sure if moving would cause any improvement in your situation. Just things to consider.