What are you doing for Halloween?

Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

boosterjones
Toucan
Toucan

21 Oct 2010, 5:24 am

Just wondering...

Now I don't really want to get into a debate about the occult and all that (if you are doing it that way however, well I hope it works out for you) but as for me I'm going to a party next week with my gf, and we'll be dressing up (well why not?)

I don't know who she'll be going as, (she's going to deside soon though) but I'll be going as, Negi Springfield!! !!

Goodbye Till Next Time!

Omnicognic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 5:48 am

In my neighborhood, Halloween is used as a way to get people to open their doors to home invaders posing as trick-or-treaters. Every year these thugs ruin it for hundreds of kids and dozens of good people get robbed and beaten. At our house we have a tradition similar to the easter bunny, where the "great pumpkin" brings baskets of candy for our own kids. As for the trick-or-treaters that still make the rounds, unfortunately, we turn off the porch lights, douse the jack-o- lantern and don't answer the door. Sad but true....

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 6:35 am

I probably won't do anything at all. I might not even help pass out candy. I'll just stay in my room, playing on my laptop all night. :roll:

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 6:39 am

Got to deal with the brats going trick or treat. Well at least it's on a Sunday this year. I always hope for bad weather on Halloween that way no brats ringing the door bell. :roll: :x

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 6:53 am

Prior to the actual date, I'll be dressing up as Bunnicula for a work thing. On the day itself, I think I'll be watching horror movies in a social setting, sans costume. I've always loved Halloween, so it's nice to have an excuse to dress up for the first time in a few years. :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Oct 2010, 9:10 am

I don't usually do anything for Helloween. I never really went Trick R Treating as a kid either. I live in a rural area on a major highway that gets a lot of traffic because it connects two cities. No one goes Trick R Treating here. People who normally have lights on outside turn em off that night. I never had many friends & my parents don't do anything so I don't do anything. Steve Colbert will be very proud of me because I'm not celebrating a holiday that promotes welfare handouts :twisted:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 12:25 pm

Halloween and Christmas are the two days of the year I allow myself to be non-judgmental and it's nice to take a vacation from my usual heavyweight personality.

For the former, I decorate the front window with lights, pumpkins, ravens, snakes, bats, skulls, spiders, etc. and open the door to trick or treaters (baseball bat within reach for emergencies). The number of children participating has been climbing in my neighborhood and by the end of the evening there's mild panic about running out of candy. It hasn't happened yet, though.

I dress up myself, less in a costume than a mishmash of all my clothing items that are too odd to wear any other time. I put colored bulbs in the lamps and spooky music on the stereo.

Actually, I have too much Halloween to fit into a single day and have already begun working my way through my Halloween movie collection. The last one I saw was Coppola's lavish Dracula.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 1:12 pm

Absolutely nothing except pretending we're not in when stupid kids dressed up like idiots knock on our door expecting us to hand out free sweets.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 1:23 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Absolutely nothing except pretending we're not in when stupid kids dressed up like idiots knock on our door expecting us to hand out free sweets.

Do you turn off the lights in your home or put up a sign that says no candy??

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 1:24 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

Do you turn off the lights in your home or put up a sign that says no candy??

Nope, I just won't answer the door.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 1:58 pm

I'm dressing up as the invisible man inside a dark house, once again. :lol:

I had a teacher in middle school who commented to the class; when asked what was he doing, and he said," yeah, I'm going to hand out cans of spinach, you know, those little Delmonte cans." :lol:

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 2:18 pm

Getting my ween hallowed.

splendidisolation
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Oct 2010, 2:34 pm

Not answering the door, same as every year.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 5:33 pm

Moog wrote:
Getting my ween hallowed.

Pervert. :P

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 5:37 pm

We don't have Halloween here, we visit cemetaries. I like to see sooo many lights, it's somewhat magic.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 7:53 pm

Absolutely nothing!