Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 2:19 pm

I am a self-confessed picky eater. :lol: I have cheese pizza twice a week. Without fail. The list of what I won't eat is a little long. . .

What about you guys? :?: :?: :?:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 2:26 pm

I was never a picky eater. I like lot of stuff.

My little brother was picky though and my niece still is.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 2:38 pm

The only three things that I will not eat are mushrooms, cottage cheese and youghurt.

jpfudgeworth
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Oct 2010, 3:15 pm

I used to put ketchup on too many things, and I still use it more than most people.

I greatly dislike all four of the pig meats. Seasoned sausage or pork is acceptable. Bacon is never okay.

I was a very picky kid but now I'm open to more things, even though I dont necessarily eat a wide variety of foods.

willa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 3:28 pm

Don't touch seafood, allergic to shell fish and that has kind of just driven me away from all seafood. The site/smell of most of it makes me sick.

Other than that I'm not picky but I get called picky sometimes because of odd eating habbits. Like if we go to a place and I get a burger I like my burger with never more than 2 things. I'll do lettuce/tomato only, or ketchup/mustard only, or ketchup/mayo, but never more than the two. And people accuse me of being picky and i'm not, I don't dislike those things, I just don't enjoy the taste of shoving 5 foods at once into my mouth. When at a sit-down joint like a chilis where you always get your burger with tomato lettuce and a pickle I'll eat those seperate. I like the stuff, just not all together.

Same with salads and any kind of food that has a lot of foods mixed. More than a few things and my taste buds go on overload and it just gets flavorless to me.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 3:52 pm

I'm a picky eater. I like only fruits, vegetables, light dairy products, müsli, unsweetened juices and dark bread.
I hate meat, fish, fast food and everything what's fat and salty.

I have time periods when I eat a lot of chosen food. Now I have "protein obsession" and I eat a lot of dairy and soya products.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 8:21 pm

I like most food but I don't like globs of fat on meats and stuff like that. YUK!

I don't eat fast foods unless it's pizza. I don't go to McDonalds or Burger King or Wendy's or anywhere like that.

I tend to eat the same thing everyday for awhile and then I change to something else and eat that everyday for awhile. Some times I eat the same thing everyday for several months.

I will eat chicken and beef sometimes but rarely pork.

I love and prefer fresh seafood, fish, all veggies and fruits.

I'm a picky eater. :P

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

FluffyDog
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 8:26 am

I used to be very picky when I was a child. Getting enough vegetables into me was always a challenge for my family.

Nowaddays, I have improved a lot on that count. I eat quiet a lot of different veggies, fruit, meats, cereals, dairy products and whatever else comes my way. Most things I will eat on their own, but others I will only eat when there is enough stuff to go with them. For example I would never eat fried onions as a main dish, but I enjoy the same onions when they are a component of a nice bolognese sauce or gulash.

I am however still quite picky when it comes to the general condition of my food. I will eat things after their "best-before"-date if they still look and smell okay, but a tiny bit of unusual-looking slime or a whiff of something off will prompt me not to touch food that still has weeks to go according to said date.

I am also a bit picky about how my food gets prepared. I eat at the uni canteen and at the big fastfood chains, because I figure that they get controlled a lot and have to keep acceptable hygienic standards. But I do not usually eat in little take-aways that look even slightly seedy or smell the least bit funny.

By and large you can say that I eat almost everything as long as I trust the basic quality of the food and its processing. But not being sure of what a particular dish went through before it was put on my table easily puts me off the thought of consuming it.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 12:11 pm

I'm a picky eater. I was worse when i was a kid but some things Ive come to accept and even enjoy.

A few examples of what I hate::thumbdown:

I cant see how anyone can say they like meatloaf. I call it sh!tloaf and gag just at the thought of it. Anyone that serves it to dinner guests should be sent to a concentration camp to die.

I don't like cheese except in moderation on pizza which has always been a favorite.
To me cheese actually stinks, especially when it's being cooked, and i know lots of people that think it smells great. It makes me want to vomit.

Liver is even worse than meatloaf. I was forced to try it when i was 8 and to this day i can remember that horrible taste. I wont eat any guts at all. At best, about all they're fit for is a starving buzzard.

I don't like most beans except for green beans or BBQ'd baked beans. Chili beans are okay as long as they're actually in chili and accompanied by lots of meat and jalapeños. Lima beans, navy beans, or anything like them are out of the question.

I could go on and on but these are what came to mind first.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 12:29 pm

Extremely picky.

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Oct 2010, 5:53 pm

I'm rather picky. No beef, no pork products, no game, no artificial sweeteners. I absolutely hate the texture of tapioca pudding. And I eat most of my vegetables raw. I don't drink milk, because it makes my throat all mucusy, but I do eat other dairy products.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

24 Oct 2010, 6:26 pm

yes. recently i've been on a canned food diet and i'll only eat yellow corn and red kidney beans everyday. i will not eat, asparagus, water chestnuts, or atrichokes.

i need some salvation for my tounge, halleleuja! praise the lord.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 6:53 pm

Not only am I very picky about what I eat, I also am typically uncomfortable having to diverge from a daily eating routine. I favour eating the same food every day.

Oren
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 7:13 pm

Milk , juice, spaghetti, rice, fast food.Campbell's Chunky Sirloin Burger soup. Mashed potatoes, flavored instant single serving pouches. Diet Coke.

This is what I eat.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 8:02 pm

anarchybovine wrote:
I'm rather picky. No beef, no pork products, no game, no artificial sweeteners. I absolutely hate the texture of tapioca pudding. And I eat most of my vegetables raw. I don't drink milk, because it makes my throat all mucusy, but I do eat other dairy products.

I can't eat any artificial sweeteners because I have Hunner Syndrome. I use real butter instead of margarine too. I don't like the feel of tapioca pudding in mouth either but I eat caviar so go figure. :bigsmurf:

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

Kaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Oct 2010, 10:58 pm

I'm not a picky eater (in fact, I've always loved all types of food), but I don't like too different of tastes/textures mixing, so I prefer to eat different foods separately.

Is anyone else like this?

157/200 Aspie -- 41/200 NT