Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Sep 2010, 7:49 pm

I thought I would start a thread tonight dedicated to those of us who hated gym class (or hate gym class if you are still in school).

This is a good place to rant away about all the issues involved in that awful gymnasium.

Now, if you like/ liked gym class, please post as well.

I hated gym class.

I will start with one of my hates (and I will add more later if this thread takes off). I hated all of the basketball we played because I had difficulty making lay-up shots due to my awkward coordination.

ghdcanada
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2010, 8:05 pm

uuuurg! I really didn't like gym either!
Where to begin!?
The echo off the ceiling and floors, the sound of squeaking trainers/running shoes, the sound of balls being dribbled! The gym teacher was usually a loud shouty type person, which I do NOT enjoy!!
I am not co-ordinated and I'm also visually impaired and VERY afraid of balls because I can't catch to save my life!!

I do see the value of exercise and so now as an adult, I do yoga, hip-hop dance workouts (I'm still not great at it but I really feel the workout) and hooping. I get bored with typical sports or exercising! I am not competative so people don't like having me on their team!

Good topic!

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 8:05 pm

I'm in. Hated it with a passion. skulked around and managed to get out of most things but....*shudder*

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2010, 8:08 pm

I hated it. Most of the gm teachers expected everyone to be perfect athletes. However, I swear that every teacher I had for gym were morbidly obese and couldn't do a situp to save their lives. :roll:

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Sep 2010, 8:14 pm

I agree with all of the above. Great points. Then there was that communal shower :oops: . We had one gym teacher that always watched us take our showers :roll: .

ghdcanada
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2010, 8:15 pm

in elementary school (middle school) I had PT (physical therapy) during gym, those were the good ol days. they made me do gym in high school. It was the only class that I didn't get straight A's in!

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 8:16 pm

glider18 wrote:
I thought I would start a thread tonight dedicated to those of us who hated gym class (or hate gym class if you are still in school).

This is a good place to rant away about all the issues involved in that awful gymnasium.

Now, if you like/ liked gym class, please post as well.

I hated gym class.

I will start with one of my hates (and I will add more later if this thread takes off). I hated all of the basketball we played because I had difficulty making lay-up shots due to my awkward coordination.

This might have been when you were away, Glider : http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp2828541.html#2828541

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 8:21 pm

I've always secretly suspected that anyone who actually enjoyed gym class must have had a screw loose.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 8:26 pm

glider18 wrote:
I agree with all of the above. Great points. Then there was that communal shower :oops: . We had one gym teacher that always watched us take our showers :roll: .
I got out of it for highschool, but we didn't shower in middle school. changing in front of others as hell.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Sep 2010, 10:04 pm

I had lots of issues in gym. I'm very nearsighted & do not have good motor skills so I'm naturally bad at sports & things with balls can be kind of dangerous. I had my glasses broken 1ce by being hit in the head with a football. I got to go home early & miss school the next day :D The guys in my PE/gym class were idiots who thought I was gay & some were afraide to change in front of me. Gym/PE wasn't all bad thou because I didn't mind walking track because I could zone out with my head-phones on & lifting weights was kind of nice to thue I was one of the weakest persons in the class

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

doeintheheadlights
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Sep 2010, 10:16 pm

Ohhh don't get me started on gym class! I'm 22 and it still riles me up when someone mentions it. Gym teachers were the worst- one jerk when I was in 6th grade gave me a D in gym. I mean really, who gives an uncoordinated unpopular girl a D in gym? That's just mean! The whole thing's a huge popularity class where the popular ones have a blast and are the best and the unpopular ones stand in the corner feeling miserable. I was lucky I went to private school so I only had to take it in high school for 2 years. I can't believe they make you take it in public school all four years!

Okay, I'm done. But yes, I hate gym!

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 10:28 pm

Where...do...i..start?

It was pure, awkward evilness! The second half of the class involved going in the workout room and the gym. None of the girls liked working out so all the girls gathered into their social groups. I was extremely awkward in the social realm and never knew how to get into a social group. I hated socializing more than exercising. i.e., i'd rather run the mile than socialize.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 10:47 pm

I hated PE. I was terrible with balls, and I was always the last one picked, to be on a team.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 11:48 pm

I was actually not that bad at sports, but I weighed 15 lbs more than the other girls and it made me self-conscious about my every move. I think it all began when I did jumping jacks once in fourth grade and noticed that people were laughing behind my back...

Also, since fourth grade on some people in my school seemed to take PE seriously and always ended up fighting after a simple game of dodgeball or softball. I don't know what was wrong with them. Those games were supposed to be fun and they just ruined it for everyone else. :roll:

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 6:25 am

I haaaaated PE with a passion, especially in highschool. Junior school wasn't so bad, but highschool PE was the one lesson I dreaded.
Especially when we had to do hockey, I would rather slash my wrists with broken bottles than play hockey again.
I was always picked last and all the other girls shouted at me all the time. In year 10 there was only 5 of us in the class so I just bounced a basketball ball up and down all lesson, which wasn't too bad actually because I could daydream and stuff. In year 11 PE wasn't on my timetable at all and I was overjoyed at that.

yukari
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Sep 2010, 11:04 am

Hated, hate, will hate...
At school it was awful..never had enough coordination to do all they wanted. In University better, it was special group for people who had some problems with health, and the teacher was very good. He payed attention to problems of each of us, and gave us elements of alternative systems like yoga or tai-chi. I like it very much.. But then she was fired, and all became awful again.
For me any kind of exercises is something very personal and private, and I cannot do it in collective, when somebody is watching.