How do you think foreigners perceive your country?

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 9:00 am

I think most countries perceive America as being extremely controlling, hypocritical, shallow, stupid Jesus freaks. I HATE living here

You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.

CanidSerpent
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2011, 1:02 pm

I believe most Americans are perceived as; overweight, arrogant, ignorant, and rude. Frankly, I know quite a few people with at least one of those traits, part of the reason I'm moving abroad later in life.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 1:13 pm

I'm Irish.

I think we are perceived as a rowdy country of wife-beating catholic alcoholics. The alcoholic thing is justified, the wife-beating thing isn't, and as for religion, people believe in god in some vague, misty way, and claim to be catholic, yet no one has read the Bible.

Quote:
I think most countries perceive America as being extremely controlling, hypocritical, shallow, stupid Jesus freaks. I HATE living here

Yup, sounds about right. I've met a lot of nice Americans, but the ones I've met all have that naive, unthinking way of viewing their lives and their countries, and above all their religions.

Member of the WP Strident Atheists