League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 7:15 pm

cosprings.craigslist.org/pet/218393...
MUST REHOME ASAP (ANYWHERE)
Date: 2011-01-27, 5:41PM MST
Reply to: see below...

Please help! After two long years of being on a waiting list for a dog, we have been notified by breed rescue that, at long last, our number has come up and ... WE ARE HAVING A PUPPY!

We must get rid of our children IMMEDIATELY because we just know how time consuming our new little puppy is going to be and it just wouldn't be fair to the children. Since our little puppy will be arriving on Monday we MUST place the children up for adoption this weekend!

They are described as:

One male -- his name is Tommy, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), light blonde hair, blue eyes. Four years old. Excellent disposition. He doesn't bite. Temperament tested. Does have problems with peeing directly in the toilet. Has had chicken Pox and is current on all shots. Tonsils have already been removed. Tommy eats everything, is very clean, house trained and gets along well with others. Does not run with scissors and with a little training he should be able to read soon.

One female -- her name is Lexie, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), strawberry blonde hair, green eyes quite freckled. Two years old. Can be surly at times. Non-biter, thumb sucker. Has been temperament tested but needs a little attitude adjusting occasionally. She is current on all shots, tonsils out, and is very healthy and can be affectionate. Gets along well with other little girls and little boys but does not like to share her toys and therefore would do best in a one child household. She is a very quick learner and is currently working on her house training. Shouldn't take long at all.

We really do LOVE our children so much and want to do what's right for them. That is why we contacted a rescue group. But we simply can no longer keep them. Also, we are afraid that they may hurt our new puppy.

I hope you understand that ours is a UNIQUE situation and we have a real emergency here! They MUST be placed into your rescue by Sunday night at the latest or we will be forced to drop them off at the orphanage or along some dark, country road. Our priority now has to be our new puppy.

$10 re-homing fee but price is very negotiable.
PS - If you laughed or understood the seriousness of this posting, please repost it in other areas of the country as well as continue to repost it. It doesn't matter how quickly it was flagged the point is that SOMEONE SOMEWHERE will have read it and thought about it for a minute.

(This was posted at Babycenter and I wanted to share it here)

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Jan 2011, 9:09 pm

I got a good laugh at it till I read the part about the girl. There's lots of sick people on Craigslist but it wouldn't surprise me if it's some kinda FBI sting operation trying to catch sexual predators

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 11:20 pm

It may have been a troll post or someone making fun of people who give away their pets just because they have a baby coming.

Even trolls post fake ads on there just to see who responds or what kind of responses they get.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 12:05 pm

ha haa... That's great! :D

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 2:29 pm

I don't know if I should laugh or cry?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Jan 2011, 2:37 pm

League_Girl wrote:
It may have been a troll post or someone making fun of people who give away their pets just because they have a baby coming.

Even trolls post fake ads on there just to see who responds or what kind of responses they get.

You could be very rite about that but nowadays you never know with stuff online :twisted:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 3:01 pm

I thought that as a new mom, stuff like that would strike a nerve with you.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 3:32 pm

I'm rolling on the floor laughing, right now. :lol:

SeizeTheDay
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 3:37 pm

This is fake, right? :? 8O

"The person who knows everything has a lot to learn."

"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" (I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am) René Descartes

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 3:40 pm

I don't think it's funny one bit.

Probably having something to do with my mother abandoning me when I was 12 and my father wanted nothing to do with me.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

Amalgoreaux
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jan 2011, 5:57 pm

MasterJedi wrote:

Probably having something to do with my mother abandoning me when I was 12 and my father wanted nothing to do with me.

Yeah. I stopped reading when the description of the kids came up because it kinda creeps me out, joke or not. It doesn't help that "Lexi" is one of my nicknames. :/

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 7:24 pm

SeizeTheDay wrote:
This is fake, right? :? 8O

I believe so, that's what people were saying at Babycenter. Someone said it was a troll that posted it and others were saying the ad was making fun of people who get rid of their pets when they have a new baby coming.

But I wonder how the troll would react when he or she sees the FBI or police officers on their door step because someone believed their ad? In fact I wonder what the officers would do if the whole think was a prank and there were no children?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 7:26 pm

MasterJedi wrote:

I hope you aren't mad about my OP. :(

EDIT: Oh I guess you are. Sorry.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Jan 2011, 7:42 pm

I hope the ad is fake. I was placed in foster care shortly before my fourth birthday and that sort of disruption when one is forming his or her first
memories can have some very serious consequences.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 7:52 pm

:sigh:

Anyone else upset by this? If so, I will ask the mods to remove it. I thought I'd share something funny, not upset a bunch of people. I thought it was funny so I thought everyone else would have too because other women at Babycenter found it funny too and they are also parents.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 9:06 pm

not upset at you dear.