Aquarius 10%  10%  [ 10 ]
Pisces 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 103

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2010, 9:23 pm

Moog wrote:
Maybe. Are you a Sag, auntie? Do I remember wrong?

you have a good memory. yes, i'm a sagging sag. with a scorpion's tail.

Moog wrote:
I just realised that something interesting will be occurring in a few days. The solstice will occur in sync with the full moon, in the last day of Sagittarius. So essentially, the sun will be at it's weakest, and the moon at it's fullest. I don't know a lot about astrology, or anything really, but I wonder if this will be significant. Okay, I did a little digging on the internet. Apparently it is so. There will also be a lunar eclipse, so it will be very dark for a period. Apparently, after this year there won't be a full moon during the solstice again until 2094. Also apparently, the last time that we had a total lunar eclipse occur during the solstice was in 1638, almost 4 centuries ago.

let's buckle our seat belts, it's going to be a very bumpy ride from here on out.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2010, 9:33 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Moog wrote:

Moog wrote:
I just realised that something interesting will be occurring in a few days. The solstice will occur in sync with the full moon, in the last day of Sagittarius. So essentially, the sun will be at it's weakest, and the moon at it's fullest. I don't know a lot about astrology, or anything really, but I wonder if this will be significant. Okay, I did a little digging on the internet. Apparently it is so. There will also be a lunar eclipse, so it will be very dark for a period. Apparently, after this year there won't be a full moon during the solstice again until 2094. Also apparently, the last time that we had a total lunar eclipse occur during the solstice was in 1638, almost 4 centuries ago.

let's buckle our seat belts, it's going to be a very bumpy ride from here on out.

Heh, I don't know what it means, maybe it's good?

And happy birthday... for whenever it was/is this month ^_^

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2010, 9:45 pm

Moog wrote:

until i see the whites of its eyes, i won't be able to say if what may come will be good. a safe bet is that it won't be.

Moog wrote:

thank you mon bon moog :)

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

19 Dec 2010, 6:10 am

Aries sun, libra moon, and cancer assendant

strangely enough my mom is Libra sun, Aries moon and we are like best friends.

my chinese symbol is the snake.

her chinese symbol is the monkey

my native american astrology symbol is the beaver.

good site to go to is www.astro.com...of course click on the free horiscope

Flipsar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Dec 2010, 6:20 am

I am a Aquarius.
Then I am a Fire Horse in the year I was born.
Makes me one very wierd type of person...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 11:53 pm

mercury retrograde is supposed to [in the view of professional astrologers] make for a weird [read: intense] holiday season. we shall see.

Pseudeos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2010, 8:20 am

I'm a Leo. Though I do try to be open-minded, I find it quite difficult to believe in 'star sign' 'horoscope' stuff.

"Are we not in the hands of a lunatic? God isn?t interested in technology. He knows nothing of the potential of the micro-chip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time; 43 species of parrot! Nipples for men!"

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2010, 7:22 pm

Moog wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Moog wrote:

Moog wrote:

Ooo... Happy Birthday AuntBlabby. :)

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2010, 9:37 pm

Taupey wrote:

merci beaucoup, ma petit fleur :)
and when your birthday comes along, have a happy one. 8)

chocoholic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2010, 10:36 pm

I'm a Capricorn.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2010, 12:45 am

auntblabby wrote:
Taupey wrote:

merci beaucoup, ma petit fleur :)
and when your birthday comes along, have a happy one. 8)

Thank you AuntBlabby, you're the Best. :)

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

stgiordanobruno
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2010, 5:35 pm

I don't believe in this stuff but I am surprised at the big difference between Scorpio and Piscies, I thought it would have to be more even.
BTW I am virgo.

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 4:00 am

Libra. There isn't any good evidence that astrology can predict our personalities or experiences with any real degree of accuracy, and I certainly don't hold to it. To be fair, though, there's a lot of people out there that are just full of BS (which, naturally, "skeptics" hold up as "proof" that astrology itself is BS). Furthermore, there haven't really been any studies done in astrology. It's just dismissed out of hand.

(For the record: Those that know about astrological signs will get the joke)

Edit: You know, the time of year during which a child is carried might affect the chances of the child turning out autistic (Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces are all very low compared to the others, and they are the winter trio, correct?). Just sayin'.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 5:28 am

MrLoony wrote:
Libra. There isn't any good evidence that astrology can predict our personalities or experiences with any real degree of accuracy, and I certainly don't hold to it. To be fair, though, there's a lot of people out there that are just full of BS (which, naturally, "skeptics" hold up as "proof" that astrology itself is BS). Furthermore, there haven't really been any studies done in astrology. It's just dismissed out of hand.

I think many people base their entire view of astrology on sun sign horoscopes from magazines and newspapers.

There have been some scientific studies conducted, that I know of...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_effect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yidb8wts ... re=related

Personally, I am not satisfied with the science so far conducted, and am not a person who requires objective certainties in order to find something useful and interesting.

http://www.astrologer.com/tests/basisofastrology.htm

Quote:
(For the record: Those that know about astrological signs will get the joke)

Ahh, I didn't realise there was a joke... searching... I guess you hold a balanced view on astrology, which is very Libran. :lol:

Quote:
Edit: You know, the time of year during which a child is carried might affect the chances of the child turning out autistic (Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces are all very low compared to the others, and they are the winter trio, correct?). Just sayin'.

Do you have any basis for this statement?

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 10:25 am

Scorpio.

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 1:05 pm

Moog wrote:
Quote:

Do you have any basis for this statement?

Someone mentioned the low response of Pisces in this poll. If we take the assumption that this is because there are not as many autistic Pisces, we come to the conclusion that the time of year during which a child is carried (and develops) affects the chances of them turning out autistic.

(I am aware of how unscientific this is, but it still remains an interesting thought)

Edit: By the way, I believe that my tendency towards playing Devil's Advocate (including to myself) does not come from being a Libra. It's just the way I am.

Last edited by MrLoony on 08 May 2011, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.