What do you most admire in people?

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

OdysseusNemo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Sep 2016, 6:57 am

What human qualities do you most admire/appreciate in other people?

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 7:14 am

Intelligence, creativity, flexibility and utility.

OdysseusNemo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Sep 2016, 8:04 am

Thanx C2V:

What I most admire in people is joie de vivre. Being happy as policy and not being afraid to show it. Watching happy people is beautiful -- doesnt matter who they are or why their happy. Children playing. Couples who are actually in hot erotic love each other (rare). Successful businesspeople petting the cash drawer. Artists who have made doing what they love work.

Two memorable examples---

I once knew a single mom on the dole who was living in a youth hostel. They had absolutely nothing but were always smiling. Mother and daughter obviously meant enough to each other that they were cheerfully not caring about adverse surroundings because that was enough to make life awesome for them. They totally lit up the room (and everyone else bent over backwards to help her with childraising). Makes me think of JK Rowling who was once like that and I totes love her twitter feed

Was recently listening to a bunch of racist far righters cheering on the Trump campaign. I'm not a Trump supporter or right-wing but I was I was amazed by the breathless rapture i was hearing on the podcast. These people were used to being reviled and ignored and now they felt they are seeing their dream come true in real life. Doesn't matter that I want their dream (and them) to die. I just like "watching" people feel that rapture of victory and frankly wish "better" people let themselves feel that more

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 9:13 am

I really like these responses. :) Here's another one: I admire people who enjoy selflessly helping others. These are the people who will do just about any task that needs doing and find something to be pleased about.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 12:32 pm

Leaving me alone when they could, you know, have some hearty fun slowly torturing me to death or something. It's not like anything would stop them if they really wanted to do it, after all.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 12:39 pm

wit
wisdom
humility
integrity
sincerity
patience
boldness
ingenuity
compassion
forthrightness
dauntlessness

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 12:40 pm

Kindness, sense of humor, and intelligence.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 2:47 pm

Intelligence, creativity, ambition, perfectionism, observation, the ability to value silence.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 2:59 pm

Warmth and compassion

arachnids
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Sep 2016, 3:03 pm

Emotional maturity and intelligence.

I am not taking the damn Venlafaxine!

On Propranolol

I like cats, trees and spiders.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act' George Orwell

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 3:16 pm

Kindness, empathy, compassion, friendliness, ability to stand up for what's right.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 8:06 pm

Honesty.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 2:45 pm

Someone who's able to take care of them self, as well as having a great sense of humor, is very compassionate, understanding, patient, and intelligent.

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 3:05 pm

The fact that we have kept on making new things and coming up with new ideas, the thought of all the things we've invented amazes me, like the idea of music, or stories, or acting out those stories, and filming those stories, and making different types of art, and thinking about things that aren't even possible, just how have we managed all of this?

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 3:12 pm

I like people who are willing to listen.
I have a friend on the spectrum who likes to talk on and on and on but is also a very good listener. I like to listen to them yap about their special interests, and they listen to me as I yap about mine. It's awesome. :)
We have had some very passionate, deep conversations.

I also admire folks with patience, as to deal with me sometimes takes a monumental amount of patience, but when someone can deal with me without getting annoyed, or can fully teach me something without giving up on me halfway, that's when I know they are a good friend. :mrgreen:

OdysseusNemo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Sep 2016, 3:12 pm

littlecatinthewindow wrote:
The fact that we have kept on making new things and coming up with new ideas, the thought of all the things we've invented amazes me, like the idea of music, or stories, or acting out those stories, and filming those stories, and making different types of art, and thinking about things that aren't even possible, just how have we managed all of this?

^^My fave so far!!

Just play the game