Post a picture of something you like/love!

Page 1 of 21 [ 329 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 11:55 pm

There are many threads where you can post pics, but I thought it would be cool for us to be able to post pictures of our lovely loves (maybe even our special interests :) ). Feel free to write captions or write little stories/back-stories about your likes or loves as well. :) I hope this thread helps us learn more about eachother. Have a fantastic day.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 12:12 am

I love arachnids, and Wolf Spiders are my favorite. Coming at a close second would be Black Widows.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 12:14 am

My puppy named Georgie. He's a 4 month old Maltese/Shih Tzu mix. His favorite hobby is stealing people's dirty socks :eew: and he's a cat in a dog's body.

This is a picture I took near Stonehenge in England. It always gives me happy memories and I'll always remember that trip. We got to see London and some other parts of England while blanketed in thick layers of snow. P.S. I didn't make that lovely snowman.

I'll do some more later; I'm gonna take a picture of my CD's lmao (yeah I still enjoy playing CD's; not MP3's).

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 12:17 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

I love arachnids, and Wolf Spiders are my favorite. Coming at a close second would be Black Widows.

That spider is actually really interesting & Black Widow [females] are beautiful. Here's a link to a webpage called Top 10 Bizarre Spiders.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 12:22 am

Stellar wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

That spider is actually really interesting & Black Widow [females] are beautiful. Here's a link to a webpage called Top 10 Bizarre Spiders.

I've seen those! Arachnids and insects were both special interests of mine for a long time. :-D

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 12:36 am

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 12:47 am

Her =D!! :heart:

Image :heart:

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 12:49 am

Stellar wrote:
My puppy named Georgie. He's a 4 month old Maltese/Shih Tzu mix. His favorite hobby is stealing people's dirty socks :eew: and he's a cat in a dog's body.

Oh my gosh. That dog is beyond cute! I just want to cuddle him forever, he looks so soft.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 12:56 am

Lets start with this

LK
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Aug 2010, 1:13 am

Nevermind. I had the wrong code. :roll:

While Mr. Kim... has fallen prey to the inexplicable need for human contact, let me step in and assure you that my research will go on uninterrupted, and that social relationships will continue to baffle and repulse me.
- Dr. Sheldon Cooper (TBBT)

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 1:53 am

My greatest love:

one of my special interests. I might post others later. Thumbs are clickable!

Electronics and old technology: This first picture was taken a few years ago when I built a 1923-style radio from mostly original parts. Here, it is paired with a quick-and-dirty wavetrap (for attenuating two local powerhouse stations) and a mid-20's coiled horn speaker, set up to log as many stations as possible for an informal homebrew radio contest. :) Note the unique power supply, since these radios originally ran off batteries instead of the mains. A 6V SLA battery lights the filaments (a car battery would have originally been used) while 90V worth of 9V batteries, with an additional tap at about 18V, supplies plate potential. Specialty batteries were made for this purpose back in the day.

The power supply sitting on top of the orange variac is made specifically for running these old radios, but batteries are a dead quiet power source that is necessary when listening for faint stations from afar.

Photos that I submitted for my contest entry description page, found here: http://theradioboard.com/radiocontest/2 ... windom.htm Note the center tube has not lost its vacuum; it's a tube specifically made for detector service, and uses a bit of cesium vapor instead of a hard vacuum.

A very crude, experimental lash-up of an all-wave (removable coil) regenerative set. I had fun listening to hams on this. Eventually I'd like to build a finished version. Notice the ultra-elegant copper foil, since just moving your hand near that knob would throw the tuning off otherwise.

Another couple of things. My modified Magnavox stereo amp after a fresh painting, next to my homemade AM transmitter (for putting good music on my old AM radios).

Finally, the main part of a neat alarm clock that I've still yet to finish. I designed it myself, including the PCB. Eventually I'm going to build an enclosure that looks like an old piece of test equipment, with dials to set the alarm. The alarm itself is simply going to be a relay that turns on whatever you plug into the clock.

I wasn't as knowledgeable about electronics as I am now, so it lacks little features like power-on reset. I am, however, surprised at what I was able to do with what I did know. I also realize that the 17 ICs could be replaced with a single microcontroller, but what fun would that be?

Last edited by Blasty on 09 Aug 2010, 2:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 2:03 am

i post later i edit this

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 2:08 am

Blasty wrote:
My greatest love:

so far we're the only two who've posted people.
everyone else has posted objects :doh:

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 2:28 am

Seanmw wrote:
[so far we're the only two who've posted people.
everyone else has posted objects :doh:

Objects don't make me cry. :roll:

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 3:05 am

[img][800:479]http://www.verrents.com/assets/009/7040.jpg[/img]

My RSS feed:
www.steviecandtheplacetobe.net/rss.xml

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 6:05 am

Objects > people. Humans suck!

I love my iPhone 3GS!

I love iPads, I am hoping to get one this month!

I love my Macs...

(I have more, but that one is the best looking, and there's a limit to how many pictures per post this forum allows :P )