Post a theory. Post many theories. No matter what it is.

Page 6 of 10 [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

frag
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2016, 1:47 pm

Noca wrote:
My theory is that most doctors are sociopaths. Sociopathy in doctors is in most cases a learned personality disorder that they acquired at some point in medical school, where they had their empathy completely conditioned out of them as it is unlikely that the sheer volume of sociopaths in the medical profession were all sociopaths prior to medical school or that they all just chose their professional by mere chance.

I also believe many doctors are sociopaths. Or narcissists. Or psychopaths. Something on the antisocial spectrum. I don't think they are made though. I think being a doctor is the job with the highest status. Even the president has to trust his doctor with his life. I think that kind of level attracts people who feel they have all the right to crap on other people.

If they are not like that, they are the nerdy type doctor who is in it for the science, real oddballs and possible spectrum people. It is very easy to tell the difference, the psychopath doc will always be sure he is above you, the nerdy doctor has no sense of power and loves ideas no matter where they come from.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2016, 2:52 pm

something about business school and law school removes the psychic governors from matriculants and makes them sociopathic to varying degrees.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2016, 8:55 am

The internet plays host to a hive mind, all opinions,views, likes and dislikes that go against it will be stomped out, and the offenders absorbed into the collective unless they can resist hard enough. thus why people attack you for your opinion or what you like and dislike, because they attempt to draw you into the hive mind that they have joined a while ago

its quite possible that in the future most if not all will serve the hive mind in one big consciousness, i plan to resist and have my individuality still in tact

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2016, 2:04 pm

I believe that in another dimension, i'm a rocket scientist. in still another dimension i'm a rock star a lot like todd rundgren is in this dimension.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 6:11 am

The internet is an individual consciousness. It is not the servers it runs on that is sentient but the interactions of its users. Its intelligence is not built out of our intelligence, it merely uses us like cogs. Without us, this intelligence could not function, for the most vital components are we screen-keyboard interfaces, like the synapses between neurons.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 6:14 am

the metaverse is a multicore computer. the master control program resides there in the master universe.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 3:53 pm

Brazil is home to nearly 900,000 indigenous peoples, speaking a total 274 languages. Worldwide, it is estimated that there are 370 million indigenous peoples, making up more than 5% of the world's population.

That's not even a post theory, it is a celebrated fact. :wink:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 3:58 pm

we are or were some other more advanced civilization's dumping ground for rejects.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 4:36 pm

We're descended from the telephone sanitisers of Golgafrincham.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 5:20 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
The internet is an individual consciousness. It is not the servers it runs on that is sentient but the interactions of its users. Its intelligence is not built out of our intelligence, it merely uses us like cogs. Without us, this intelligence could not function, for the most vital components are we screen-keyboard interfaces, like the synapses between neurons.

The Net is evolving into a sentient beast, and we humans are becoming merely its organs that provide it with sustainence.

A 100 years from now the internet will have wifi controlled drones, vehicles, and mining equipment, under its control to extract resources to keep it nourished, well fed, healed, and growing! A hundred years further down the line- the Net will just dispense with us humans altogether, and just keep on growing and ruling the planet like the fiberoptic organism that it is, and just kill us all off because it wont need us anymore!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 8:35 pm

our earthly internet is but a faint shadow of a grand metaversal internet.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 4:06 pm

If the force is with you, back the force... if it moves against you, let it be.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 4:11 pm

Rain is drool coming from a giant mastiff in the sky.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 4:29 pm

pizza is proof that god loves you.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 3:43 pm

I like my food, but I sure don't want to lose a tooth over it. :(

auntblabby
Veteran