Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2015, 3:55 am

What filling do you like the most on yours?

I like shredded chicken, sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes, thinly sliced spring onion, a dollop of mayonnaise and a pinch of sea salt.

Also what grain do you prefer your Bap to be made of?

:D

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2015, 4:17 am

I like most spicy chicken or turkey fillings.

I don't pay much attention to the grain . At Subway I usually choose the '9 Grain Wheat' or 'Hearty Italian' options, if that answers the question....

:D

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2015, 4:45 am

It sure does :-).

I haven't had spicy food in a while, its been mild fruit curries only for the last few months.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2015, 10:06 am

i like the most unhealthy type of soft white bread rolls. i do not like grains or wholemeal or any of those sour german flavors.
it must be a fluffy soft white roll with a lightly tanned top with no sesame seeds.

on them i like various things.
1 corned beef and sweet mustard pickles with an even light coating of fine white pepper.

2 chicken flavored potato chips (crisps) crushed and sprinkled into the centre of a well buttered soft white roll.

3. fried sausages cut in half lengthways and their flat bottoms fried some more to brown them with tomato ketchup (not tomato sauce) and fried onions.

many more, but those are my favourites.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2015, 2:10 pm

I like cheese and onion Tayto/King crisps (chips) as a filling, with a cup of tea, mmm.

b9 wrote:
fried sausages cut in half lengthways and their flat bottoms fried some more to brown them with tomato ketchup (not tomato sauce) and fried onions.
That sounds really good... I sometimes add a few drops of Worcestershire sauce and include mushrooms.

Another filling I'm loving lately is sauteed garlic & shredded kale, with a fried egg on toasted bread.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 10:32 pm

I have never heard of a filling for them, but I have a great recipe for some wonderful yeast rolls if you want it. Takes all day but it's worth it.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 3:30 am

Maybe we are talking about different things: http://www.allsandwiches.com/rolls-and-buns.html

A Bacon Bap:

Sure, I would like that recipe, thank you. :)

Its nice to see your posts again btw.