Page 941 of 2522 [ 40342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 938, 939, 940, 941, 942, 943, 944 ... 2522  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 1:24 pm

Listening to the Metroid menu themes with headphones on is surprisingly creepy.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 1:40 pm

SentientPotato wrote:
dcj123 wrote:
I believe the change is current is only advertised for charging stuff faster, I would imagine it maintains backwards compatibility by never drawing more the 500 mA on USB 3.0 devices that are USB 2.0 compliant. For example if you have a 2000 mA battery, you can charge it at any current between 1 mA to 2 amps and charges slowly or faster depending on how much current. I am thinking the change in current only applies to things that can also take a lower current.

dcj123 wrote:
In the USB 1.0 and 2.0 specs, a standard downstream port is capable of delivering up to 500mA (0.5A); with USB 3.0, it moves up to 900mA (0.9A). The charging downstream and dedicated charging ports provide up to 1,500mA (1.5A)

Source - https://www.extremetech.com/computing/115251-how-usb-charging-works-or-how-to-avoid-blowing-up-your-smartphone

Actually, I've been doing a bit of wiki digging and it appears those current values are max ratings on data transfers. The big difference between USB 3.0 and earlier usbs is that it has 5 extra pins dedicated for "SuperSpeed" USB transfer. Logically, if a USB 3.0 device were to be connected to a USB 2.0 port (or vice versa) those extra 5 pins are not connected to anything and thus the device would be utilizing the standard middle data pins out of the original 4 pins, which would then be drawing the lower currents of USB 2, but if a USB 3.0 device is connected to a USB 3.0 port, it then has those extra pins available to it, meaning it defaults to those as opposed instead of the older data pins, drawing more current as a result to maintain those higher speeds.

Nice...

I have never solder on USB that wasn't four pin, shows what I know 8)

Thanks for info,

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 5:54 pm

To be fair, I spent an hour reading earlier just because curiosity was nagging at me, so I didn't know either.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 5:02 am

Ice cream or DIY pesticide?

Hmmm...

Ice cream AND biscuits, or DIY pesticide and certain household ingredients?

Ice cream or DIY Watercolor paint or DIY pesticide?

.... :scratch:

Or maybe I'll wait until next week AND buy them all? :twisted:

:lol: + :wall: = :compress:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 5:44 am

I've found an all female death metal band called Castrator and I'm highly amused.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 10:40 am

There's only one letter different between deadpan and deadman...

Bum-pum-pum!

Christy99
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Feb 2017, 11:07 am

I went to a aspergers support group and met someone who immediately first time i called he r told me I am her friend and second time I talked to her she told me that counseling doesn't help people with autism. SHE IS A SOCIAL WORKER!! ! I DONT WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH HER. A ride or taking at the support group is fine. BUT NO ONE IS GOING TO TELL ME THAT COUNSELING CANT HELP ME AFTER ALL THE YEARS I DIDNT GO TO COUNSELING BECAUSE I DIDNT THINK I NEEDED IT AND NOW I AM GOING AND IT IS HELPING TREMENDIOUSLY. I DONT KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WOMAN BUT SHE DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING. I THINK SHE USES HER DIAGNOSIS AS A COP OUT AND I DONT HTINK SHE HAS A VERY STRONG VICTORY MENTALITY. EVEN VIDEOS ON THIS WEBSITE SAY YOU CAN MAKE IMPROVEMNTS IN YOUR SOCIALIZING SKILLS WITH TIME AND PRACTICE. THIS WOMAN IS KIND AND NICE BUT HER OPINIONS MAKE HER A BAD INFLUENCE. IMAGINE WHAT I WOULD DO THAT IS NOT GONNA HELP ME GROW AS A PERSON IF I LISTENED TO HER AND BELIEVED WHAT SHE SAID WAS TRUE!! AND A HELLO GOOD BYE FRIEND TOLD ME THAT YOU NEED A DOG BREEDING LISNCE TO STUD YOUR DOG OUT AND I TOLD HER THAT ANIMAL CONTROL INFORCES THE LAWS AND THEY SAID ONLY THE OWNER OF THE FEMALE NEEDS A VENDORS PERMIT. IF I HAVE A MALE I DONT NEED LISCENSES OR PERMITS AT ALL. EVERYBODY SEEMS TO THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL. I JUST HOPE I STOP LISTENING TO EVERY OPINION I HEAR AND CHECK MY FACTS BEFORE I MAKE ANY DECISIONS IN THE FUTURE. JUDY IS WRONG AND WILMA IS WRONG> AND EXPERTS GAVE ME THE FACTS SO I HAVE THE RIGHT VIEW POINT AND ITS NOT OPINIONS THEY ARE FACTS> ! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 12:24 pm

The new Digimon movie is out! :D :D :D :D

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

25 Feb 2017, 4:41 pm

Nothing. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 7:45 pm

For every social misstep I've done that I've been aware of, I wonder how many I wasn't aware of.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 7:45 pm

Yay, trip to my uncle's this week.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 9:49 pm

I've been so moody lately and not able to make up my mind. Maybe I'll get Style Savvy Fashion Forward and treat myself to some Amiibos so I can get some of those Nintendo character items in the game. I know I defiantly want that Pusheen coloring book.

Oh, by the way, I'm not leaving, I was just moody that day.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 4:29 am

Wondering how my new nephew is doing.

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 8:23 am

I need to do my work. :wall:

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 8:27 am

Lillikoi wrote:
I need to do my work. :wall:

Would it help if you had some sort of reward to look forward to when your done ? Something tasty to eat for example.

Frozen yogurt :jester:

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 1:35 pm

All is calm with me.