Page 1225 of 1889 [ 28324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1222, 1223, 1224, 1225, 1226, 1227, 1228 ... 1889  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 10:18 am

Now I feel kind of ashamed. I do know that there is never any reason to feel ashamed or guilty. :heart:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 12:36 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Now I feel kind of ashamed. I do know that there is never any reason to feel ashamed or guilty. :heart:

guilt is an appropriate response to hurting someone until you make it right. people who never feel guilt are sociopaths.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 12:50 pm

But if you did not hurt someone, or if you were totally innocent, or pulled along by events you could not control...then you still have to apologize to yourself, for beating yourself up over it. I believe that guilt only makes things worse and leads to lots of unhealthy stress, and that people can learn to live without it.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Last edited by Kuraudo7777 on 28 Sep 2017, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 1:20 pm

Officer Training Corps

GPA too low to be competitive

But even if i got in, peer reviews would make it easy for peers to vote me off

:D

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 3:17 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
But if you did not hurt someone, or if you were totally innocent, or pulled along by events you could not control...then you still have to apologize to yourself, for beating yourself up over it. I believe that guilt only makes things worse and leads to lots of unhealthy stress, and that people can learn to live without it.

agreed that if no one was hurt, one needs to talk oneself out of guilt.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 3:40 pm

Ugh, neighbors across the street are having some sort of construction work done, and other neighbors are mowing their lawn. It's driving me bonkers.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 5:35 pm

This keyboard is getting gross.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 7:28 pm

I always manage to bugger up my interactions with people. Usually I'm at least moderately comprehensible in my autism group meetings but this time we'd switched rooms, and everything... the seating arrangement, the table, the windows, the new faces I didn't recognise... it was all throwing me off my game, tonight. Plus I nearly tripped when we left the room, and managed to bang my head against the table when searching to put a handout leaflet into my bag.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 9:04 pm

I've noticed autistic people are very vulnerable to NPD people. It's rather scary considering the many horror stories about NPD.

I've been telling all of my autistic friends about NPD people and to simply learn the signs so they can avoid like the plague and it seems to be working.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 9:26 pm

I'm not talking about that.
Or thinking about it.
It never happened.
La la la!

foxxi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Sep 2017, 9:29 pm

I am thinking of how awesome it would be to have a 10 foot tall teddy bear on my bed.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 8:04 am

Life will never be perfect

And what is perfect is subjective

Besides what if it were perfect, then what?

Whooptie do :D

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 8:09 am

I really want/need a new truck, but damn are those prices high 8O

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 3:51 pm

Hmm...Do I start playing my new game now, or wait for Tuesday?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 4:12 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Hmm...Do I start playing my new game now, or wait for Tuesday?

i vote for now.